Beasts of Beyond
rose bouquets || building Dakota's garden - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: rose bouquets || building Dakota's garden (/showthread.php?tid=4607)

rose bouquets || building Dakota's garden - Leigh - 08-04-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ — [member=1172]dimitri.[/member]

Magika never broke a promise if he could help it. Not long ago, he had been approached and asked to plant a garden and he had been absolutely ecstatic. To meet another person that actually enjoyed gardening as much as himself was such a relief. He had been feeling a bit reluctant to talk with others-- his own fault for being so distant of course, but meeting Dakota had been a nice step forward. Magikatricks had started his day normally like every other day; he got up, ate a quick meal, got himself ready, and then exited his home to inspect the small experimental garden to had planted not too long ago. He nearly screamed. Almost. An excited squeak had left his beak once he noticed a few rows of little green saplings making their way up through the cold earth. This was fantastic. If he could get these to grow to maturity, there was almost no limit to what else he could cultivate. Magik was quick with brushing away the bit of snow in the patch with a few gentle brushes of his wings. He re-churned the soil and added a bit of fertilizer from a potato sack that had been up against the wall of the house he lived in. It was a 10 minute labor of love before he finally called it a day with the little guys. He had work to do after all.

It was an hour before the large pretty bird came lumbering up the front lawn to a small home situated a little ways away from the rest of the neighborhood. On his back was a patchwork pack, filled with equipment and lots of seed packets. Today was the day Dakota was getting his garden. Not that Magika knew things could grow here, he could finally make good on his promise. In his eagerness to get to work, he would knock out a little jingle on the front door and call out to signal that he had arrived before heading back down the porch and into the front yard. Dakota had requested a small garden. Boy- he'd really try to keep it small. He could only hope the other male would be willing to forgive him for turning his lawn into a jungle. But of course with all big projects, he'd start small. Magika had slung off his bag and set to work, using a talon to outline what would be the size of the initial garden- nothing to big but nothing too small- just a nice horseshoe shaped area fitting snug near the front of the house. The next and roughly the most serious issue for this whole thing would be moving the snow and revealing the cold soil underneath. He didn't have much at his disposal aside from his talons. Even clearing out his own smaller garden had taken quite a while. But dammit he was going to make this work, and with a determined huff, he would begin shoveling the snow away, working from left to right.

It's cold. I can't believe you actually chose this place to make a clan. You really couldn't go somewhere more pleasant? With a roll of his eyes, he kept going, unphased by the interruption. Way to ignore me, Leigh. Jesus. Dick. "I don't believe I asked for your opinion..." he grumbled almost inaudibly under his breath.  The vulture tensed a bit, pausing as a headache washed over him. Annoying. Letting spirits hang around in your body was not fun. He did not recommend it. Especially with how testy this one was. You shouldn't audibly talk, you know. Looks like you're just talking to yourself. Makes people think you're more insane than you are. Magikatricks managed to tune him out and get the clearing done. And with a soft hum f a song, he would churn up the soil like he did with his own, content and happy in his work so far.

Re: rose bouquets || building Dakota's garden - Dimitri - 08-04-2018

[table][tr][td]
"DUPLICATE" DIMITRI
The one to come out of the house first had bright brown fur and line green, near radioactive eyes. He had white rear legs and a white nose, and white splotches on his body. He paused as he spotted the weird bird, and seemed to deflate a bit. "Oh hey.... I'm Divertimento." You were serious about that? "Uh... I think Dakota's taking a nap right now but I'll try to get him. He'll be really excited." The tom internally, told the others to attempt to wake him. Dakota didn't come out that often because he was needed for internal matters. He stepped down the stairs, hearing some clambering and Dakota's confused tone. A build-up of pressure was slowly coming into his head.
"He's comin'. What's ya planting?"

TAGSPLAYLISTWALL OF TEXT • PENNED BY OWLIE
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: rose bouquets || building Dakota's garden - Leigh - 08-07-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ — This one was new and Magika made sure to keep a mental note of Divertimento. That would could three of the sides that Magika was aware of- Dimitri, Dakota, and now Divertimento- if only for a short time. He smiled to Div, offering a soft hello. "I'm Magikatricks. And- uh, thank you." he hummed. He glanced to the bag on the ground and opened it up eagerly, showing the male the few packets of seeds he had brought with him. "I brought a few- bearberries, and aster, and red columbine- okay maybe not as "few" as I thought. I just brought over what I knew could grow here." He lets out a short embarrassed huff of a laugh. Maybe he'd gotten a bit too excited.

oof im laaate

Re: rose bouquets || building Dakota's garden - Dimitri - 08-08-2018

[table][tr][td]
"DUPLICATE" DIMITRI
Divertimento suddenly gasped, the form of a black persian overtaking his body and slumping down. Dakota looked up and smiled at the bird, hobbling foreward and looking into the bag. "Any flowers?" He wheezd, sitting back on his rump and looking over the garden
"Thank you so much, Magikatricks... I can't wait for it to grow. You'll have to show me how to take care of it..."

TAGSPLAYLISTWALL OF TEXT • PENNED BY OWLIE
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]