Beasts of Beyond
COUNTRY ROAD - open; meet and greet - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: COUNTRY ROAD - open; meet and greet (/showthread.php?tid=4593)

COUNTRY ROAD - open; meet and greet - rhosmari - 08-04-2018

MONROE
MALE — SUNHAVEN — SUNBEARER — HARD
Alright, so he was back in a new society and it was going to prove to be much more different than the societies he had encounter in the briny depths. Not to say being on land sucked but he was going to have to take care of himself more on land. Frequent dips he supposed to maintain his health and the hydration of his skin. Shouldn’t be too hard or at least he hoped it wouldn’t be too hard. After all to him, just finding a place to live had been tough enough and he still had a ways to go considering the place needed to be cleaned up a bit more. But in time it would get there, right? A frown pulled at his lips as he turned his gaze back to the home he had decided would be his own. It had been abandoned as far as he knew but the colors reminded him of a beach he once visited. Pastel pinks and greens that actually seemed to go together. Although the green was the more prominent color while the shutters were pink. It was the home that was stuck out more over the water and it had a good sized porch that would serve as his shop to. Not a bad find if he had to say so himself. The inside was a different story but he didn’t have plans to throw a party or a cozy sleepover any time soon.

Right now he was dusting off the porch, pushing a small sweep across the dull brown wood that lacked any luster and he hummed a soft tune as he went about his work. Settling down was the easy part, getting acquainted with others wasn’t as easy. He was worried but then again he was always worried and he paused as he raised his fin high over his head, grumbling to himself about how dumb he was. So far things had been okay. Everyone had been okay and that should soothe him. Shaking his head he paused in sweeping to sniffle a hit, narrowing his eyes against the dust before he shuffled to a wooden chair and pushed it beside the entrance of the house. Stands to hold his products were already stationed out front and he had found nets to hang right beside the wooden dock into the water. Fishing was a good job for him and he would say he was pretty good at it but now it was time for him to make the friends. Show his worth and all of that so he bounded down the boardwalk and lifted his head up a little too proudly. ”Anyone want to go swimmin’? I’m sure it’ll be a righ’ good time and I promise I won’t splash ya too much.”
#psychosocial.

Re: COUNTRY ROAD - open; meet and greet - madster - 08-04-2018

reffie was still getting used to the clan. it was peaceful, and the days were a lot longer and brighter. there were no enemies here. she was safe. still, she was paranoid. they're coming for me. they're going to come and take me away and kill me for running away, was a constant thought running through her head. she distracted herself with books and more books, absorbing all the information she could.

still, though, she needed a break from all the reading too, and she spotted the strange cat-fish hybrid. she found beauty in the most odd creations, as she found monroe strangely gorgeous. this world was strange and foreign, and filled with people who wanted to hurt her, but it was beautiful too. the fish-cat announced that he'd like to go swimming, and sheepishly the girl responded. "ah... i'd like to go! you can splash me, i don't mind," she joked, wanting to get a closer look at him. reflet didn't like or dislike the water, but she decided that since she was living in an oceanside clan, she'd need to learn to love the ocean more than herself.

Re: COUNTRY ROAD - open; meet and greet - jericho - 08-06-2018

/tracking! sorry, i'll reply tomorrow <3

Re: COUNTRY ROAD - open; meet and greet - goodsprings - 08-07-2018

↠↠outside of her thirst for a good hunt, la'miyla absolutely loved to swim. she wasn't sure why. as a young cub she was wade into puddles and small ponds when she wanted her alone time. away from her parents, and cousins, and aunts and uncles. away from the noise of her rambunctious, wild family. chasing tadpoles and minnows were how she spend her youthful mornings under the blazing sun. she never quite grew out of it in adulthood. it followed her in her training, in her hunting techniques. she always felt more confident moving in some sort of body of water. keeping her scent covered in the water, moving slowly to the point she could hear her own heartbeat.

anyway; miyla loved swimming.

hearing monroe call for a little misadventure out to the seas. the tigress lifted herself up from where she had been lazing about on her porch. she raced down the beach to where the hybrid was, her paws splashing along the shoreline. "hey, wanna race?" she challenged, a burst of energy sparked in her as she crouched down with her tail up, lashing excitedly.

↞↞
Template by Quill

Re: COUNTRY ROAD - open; meet and greet - Mama - 08-08-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 470px; font-size:9pt; font-family:calibri; text-align: justify;line-height: 110%; color:black"]For a good portion of her life there had been little in way of large bodies of water, the few exceptions simple pools of no real depth found within the various settlements scatted about the landscape, enough to keep one cool on hotter days for it was unfit for drinking. It was this that had left her with but a basic understanding of how to swim, a simple paddle all she knew though she preferred to simply float for many had not been deep enough for her to leave the bottom. All the same she had found it enjoyable, allowing the water to hold her weight as she simply floated, enjoying the cool touch of the water compared to the heated air of the arid desert.

But that seemed a life time ago now, before she had come to trek through the mountains and found this place nestled within the ocean, a small jewel cast adrift. For a time Ishayu had made attempts to further teach herself, to learn more where it came to swimming in hopes she might one day dive beneath the waves, but it had proved a difficult and tedious task. Used to having all four limbs when she had gone swimming previous times to have a stump now without the large paw to help move her through the water, it seemed futile but she sought to learn and seemed set in doing so.

And it came to be the offer reached the mountain lion, slowly walking the boards which connected the various homes and shops. Ears swivelling forward a light smile laced her pale lips as she recognised the voice, one of the few she had met properly and had come to like. It was strange for all the tales of creatures which might seek to kill her, set apart for the fact they appeared different, yet Monroe had proven welcoming to her contradicting the things she had been told.

“It would be a pleasure to join you, Monroe,” Ishayu spoke with a gentle rumble of pleasure, smiling towards the hybrid. He was an odd one but she had come to rather like him, enjoying his little quirks and finding him a rather curious being, one she would like to learn more of but there would be time enough for such, now she simply sought to enjoy herself for a time.