Beasts of Beyond
better than me — goldie - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Neutral Grounds (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Forum: Private Rendezvous (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: better than me — goldie (/showthread.php?tid=4319)

better than me — goldie - coldblue - 07-31-2018

[align=center][div style="text-align: justify; width: 55%; font-family: times new roman; font-size: 10.5pt; letter-spacing: 0px;"]This is it. The day. The wedding. Coldblue has spent many of the days leading up to today thinking about stuff...things. His relationship with his family, to be more exact. Oceans span the distance between them. From the beginning, the only person he cared to love was Goldenluxury. Not only because she is his most precious sister, but because she is everything he wants to be. Kind, considerate, forgiving, hardworking. Goldie's easy acceptance of Pincher's attempt to get back in their lives surprised him immensely, and he still struggles to understand. Does Deniz even have a right? After seven months of nothing? Despite the intense resentment the boy harbors for his father, as the days pass, he becomes increasingly jealous of the love and affection everyone else seems to receive from the captain. Why not Coldblue? All he ever wanted is a family who loves him, so why does he feel excluded?

The question haunts him every day. But each day that passes, he becomes more and more aware of how distanced he is from everyone else. Even Goldie. And he is scared. Scared to reach out. Scared to admit his feelings. Scared that they won't accept him. This whole...mess has gone on for so long that the boy is sure that no one even remembers he exists anymore.

But then, a couple of days ago, he received a gift from Jacob. A sweater; pale blue to match his eyes. Coldblue is not fond of sweaters by any means, but that simple gesture warmed him instantly to the mysterious fiance who he had been suspicious of before. From Blue's point of view, anyone who associates with Pincher must be scum—his siblings being the exception, of course. He will never admit it, but the boy wears the sweater every night when he goes to sleep. It makes him feel loved. Remembered. Wanted. Jacob only impressed Coldblue more upon learning that Pincher fathered yet another litter. He was so sure that the kindhearted man would be heartbroken by the news, and instead he trusted his fiance. To love someone so genuinely, so innocently... Well, it blew the kid's mind. That's when Blue finally started coming to the conclusion that he can no longer isolate himself. He doesn't have to like Pincher, but he wants to be apart of the family. He doesn't want to be the outsider anymore.

Which is why he now stands before Goldie's door, a simple white parcel resting at his paws. Beautiful pale cream fur shines in the dim interior lighting of the submarine. A faint scent of lavender and mint clings to his luxuriously rosetted pelt. For a creature as hedonistic and self-centered as he, Coldblue surprisingly dons very little accessories. A simple black bow-tie decorates the area around his throat. If asked, he would say that he is handsome enough without it, but the true reason is that he does not possess any idea on how one is supposed to dress up for a wedding. Blue sucks in a deep breath before knocking on his sister's door.

Re: better than me — goldie - bubblegum - 08-01-2018

[align=center]
[Image: 7f280a5c2524cfb62918733213c9d5a4-dc3bso1.gif]
goldenluxury "goldie" roux — female — the typhoon — tags
//ty for making!! <3

the moment goldenluxury was told her papa and jacob were getting married, an excitement entered her. to know that her papa was in love and happy with someone made her feel happy, especially considering it happened to be jacob. jacob was the first person she had met in another group, introducing her young mind to just how vast the world may be. he made her many different foods she hadn't even known existed, he brought her gifts and talked to her in such a kind manner she couldn't help but immediately feel compelled to befriend him.

and then he taught her to cook, about morality, about the world in general. just about half of her traits she picked up were ones that had been influenced by him. she had even picked up a bit of his speaking habits. he was more of a father for her than pincher, honestly, before pincher even let her in. she had thought of him as a father figure for a long time, anyway. funny how things worked out.

the girl had been chosen as the flower girl and she was quite happy about that. she was sure to put together a nice outfit for it. she usually hated dressing up, as it was uncomfortable, but today was special. she had gotten pale yellow bandages to wrap up the last of her burns - the ones on her back and front legs, the rest were mostly faded by now. she wore a necklace of yellow flowers, a yellow feather necklace underneath it, a blue flower upon her left ear, her signature blue feather earring, a red necklace on her left front leg, a blue flower necklace on her right, and a dark blue bow on her tail. and, with all of that, she deliberately spread glitter over herself to give her a literal sparkle.

goldie was currently looking over herself thoughtfully in the mirror before being interrupted by a knock. she quickly turned her head, stumbling over to open it. to see her brother, blue, at the door was not what she had been expecting, so her features became a little surprised. but, that only lasted a second as they were quickly replaced with a warm and loving expression. "blue, you picked a lovely time to visit! i could use your help with something. please, come in!"

the girl stepped back, glancing towards the mirror again and slowly approaching it. "i've got feathers for papa n' mister dad, and then this bow tie for papa, n' then...i guess these bandages for mister dad. do you think that counts? should i put on something else to help show mister dad? or, maybe i should take something off. is it too much? also, do you think there's a way i could make my eyes look less tired? do i look okay? should i change anything? i-" she began to frantically question the male, rambling on. usually in private social encounters she was quieter, actually being a natural introvert, but right now she had a lot on her mind. but, she cut herself off, realizing she might be overwhelming him.

"s-sorry." she sighed for a moment, turning her tired gaze back to him. "i just wanna be...perfect." this statement applied to both the wedding and herself in general, really, but at least the wedding seemed a bit easier to achieve for now. she focused her mind onto blue for a moment now as she looked to him, offering a bright smile. "i like your bow tie."

her mind was honestly going a million miles an hour right now, and it was clear by her distracted look. she glanced over to the crate filled with baskets that she had made for everyone. she had given out the baskets earlier already but there were some left over due to not getting the chance to hand them out to those who didn't show up. "oh! i made ya some presents. d'you wanna see 'em?"