Beasts of Beyond
BAD MOON ON THE RISE // OPEN - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: BAD MOON ON THE RISE // OPEN (/showthread.php?tid=4305)

BAD MOON ON THE RISE // OPEN - GABRIEL - 07-31-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-size: 9.4pt; line-height: 1.4;"]
The Ascendants seemed like a beacon for the lost and wounded, so he wasn't entirely surprised to find someone stumbling over the border; however, his eyes widened when he realized he recognized that figure, a mutt of a dog he'd recruited almost two years ago. After everything, he hadn't taken it upon himself to check on the status of that group, or who they'd replaced him with, and he'd been doing his best to push those memories out of sight, but seeing Tatyana made that impossible. She couldn't possibly recognize him, yet as soon as her glazed eyes fell on him, she immediately staggered his way, dripping from too many lacerations for Gabriel to count, many of them overlapping. Jesus, what happened to her? It looked as though she'd been taken to a cheese grater and then dropped into a blender afterward.

He rushed to meet her, and she fell just before he made it, her side heaving. "Tatyana? What the hell happened to you? Don't answer that. Just stay awake for me- someone'll be here soon." Gabe spoke calmly despite the clamoring of his heart, beating away at his ribs so hard he thought she could probably hear it.

"Is that- commander?" Her voice sounded to have scraped over sandpaper, and her following laugh was little more than a wheeze as the hybrid moved to lower himself beside her, one wing cast across her body as he pressed his shoulder against one of the heaviest wounds on her chest. "You got uglier." Gabe snorted, though his onyx eyes remained strained, lines etched by the muscles around them. He was no healer, but he had been a soldier once, and he knew death when he saw its approach, and in her crinkled face, he saw its shadow. 

"Don't be a shit. You still owe me respect, soldier."

"Not- not a soldier. Quit." She coughed, a bit of red staining her lips. A puncture, then. He shifted, body now crouched over her head, one set of talons on the side of her neck and the other on the ground. "Before I- before. You have to know." A grimace flickered over her features, her next breath clearly more difficult than the last, and the claws on the dirt dug deep into the soil as he stood, helpless to ease her pain or pull her from the brink. "They're coming for us. Got Falon and Puteri." They? Fuck. Tatyana would make the third, which would leave- Doyle, Tommie, and himself. They could already be dead, for all the both of them knew. "Dunno who."

"Don't worry about it. I'll take care of it, just stay with me a little longer, loba." She would if she could, he knew, but the film had begun creeping over her eyes, and her breaths stuttered to a final halt. He bowed his head to press against hers, body as still as she was despite the intensifying burn behind his eyelids and in the crevices of his chest. "Perdóname."
[align=right][i]——INFO

Re: BAD MOON ON THE RISE // OPEN - ★ HAZEL - 07-31-2018

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair
Hazel hated this feeling. The cold, chilling brush of something ghostly, something ethereal, down the length of her spine. Like sinking her teeth into frozen ice cream, it raised goosebumps on her arms, drowned everything else out with the ringing in her ears. It was the epitome of dread, the finalty of claws digging into her skin to drag her soul out of her body and leave her breathless with it. With the sensation came so many awful, terrible memories that dragged that deep you never got to them in time back into the open. It glazed her eyes, sent her into a horrible autopilot mode that rendered her dazed and depleted of energy for hours. And yet, the entire ordeal would sweep over her in seconds.

The moment Hazel felt that ice at the nape of her neck, she took off, bolting to follow the haunting sensation to its victim, hoping she got there in time. The aura on the border was weak and unfamiliar, clearly nobody she knew or recognized, but she didn't care. She really, really didn't care.

And as uaul, no matter how fast Hazel ran, she would never outrun Death. She would never reach them on time, and she knew this somewhere in her chest. But hope was a funny thing, and it fell, sunk like a stone - like it did, every single time - the moment she skidded to a halt and let her gaze rest on the motionless figure, chest heaving. "Immo vero," Hazel breathed, voice cracking. "I'm so sorry for your loss." She glanced to Gabriel, finding him an unfamiliar face. She wanted to say sorry that she couldn't get there in time, but found it would be confusing and wrong to hear. Just looking at the gravely injured stranger was enough to clog her throat, vivid images of Margy, Suite and Bastille's motionless bodies floating in front of her vision. "Was she important to you?" Hazel asked Gabriel quietly, paying the sapphire that popped up at her paws no mind.
HAZEL E CAELUM — KUIPER CORPORAL — MOODBOARDPLAYLISTTAGS
© MADI