Beasts of Beyond
swan lake / o, joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: swan lake / o, joining (/showthread.php?tid=4287)

swan lake / o, joining - QUINN. - 07-31-2018

/breathes,,,,, i'm so rusty pls forgive me if it is bad

She walked as if the wet and dirty world beneath her paws wasn't there, and instead it was if she was simply trotting through air. Her thin frame moved through the dense brush with little difficulty, as if the female was merely floating. Only occasionally would a branch, or some other piece of darker vegetation, catch her – forcing the girl to tug herself loose, breaking the beauty of whatever dance she was performing by simply moving forwards. This was no place for a pretty girl like her, by any means. However, Quinn wasn't necessarily who she appeared to be through and through. Her innocent pale green eyes were mostly glassed over in a daze. Though, if studied – the wolf's eyes appeared determined as if – she was set on a goal. She enjoyed putting on shows and enjoyed the illusions she could portray. To most, she appeared as the pretty, innocent girl – as the timber wolf was both indeed youthful-looking and beautiful at the age of only twelve moons. She was pretty, Quinn knew that herself, but the word innocent could be examined on whether it was fully truthful or not. Her heart was a mix of something pure, as Quinn was quite caring and – kind. However, her entire being wasn't filled with just that. Lust, the need for a degree of perfection, and some sort of want for power all stirred in her head.

She was a white rose, so beautiful that many would forget the sharp thorns on the stem when they moved to pick her up.

The reasons to why Quinn wanted to finally join a group – especially Tanglewood, in particular, were multiple. While sharp on the tongue at times, the female was no strong warrior. She needed protection, as in the past she had let others do the dirty work for her. There were other factors to that, but loneliness was also one. Quinn was not someone who wanted to spend so much time alone, she needed others for her own reasons. The canine would finally slow to a halt, sensing the after having lifted her head in a more elegant manner in order to taste the air. She acted as if there was always someone watching, after all. The stench hit her so abruptly, she would close her eyes enough to make her muzzle wrinkle. This was it. After a prolonged pause, the female would part her jaws and speak – her voice matched her appearance in the way that it was glassed over and mostly soft, but still sharp around the edges.

"Hello?" Her voice cut cleanly through the sticky air, as a humid breeze wrapped itself around her neck. "I'd like to see about joining Tanglewood. I go by Quinn." Her mouth curved into a softer smile, as she dipped her head slightly – glassy eyes turning almost hungry for some sort of attention.

Re: swan lake / o, joining - madster - 07-31-2018

tanglewood was no place for beautiful people. it was a rotten ghost town ran by insane individuals who mostly hated each other and danced around a child ghost they called their leader. yet, tanglewood was malphas' home, and he loved it so. he believed that only the strongest should join the group, but really had no say over it. after all, he was just a little nurse with too much racism in his head.

he approached the rogue, crimson eyes tired. he was affected by her beauty in any sense of the word- malphas was not a romantic person and perhaps would never be. "yeah, you can join. welcome," he said, almost monotone, as he shifted his weight. "my name's malphas-  nurse here, come see me if you have any aliments or shit like that. i'm sure others will be around shortly, they're like dumb moths attracted to sound," he joked, and deep down he cared a lot for the other members, but he would never say it.

Re: swan lake / o, joining - calliope - 07-31-2018

She'd never really known what drew so many people to Tanglewood. In her case, Mira had joined the swamp-dwelling group for the sake of protection, despite not really wanting to trust people again. She thought that maybe others were like her in that sense, but it didn't always seem like it. No matter their reason for showing up, the serval figured that she should welcome others anyhow. Cooperation was an important factor in having a healthy group.

She hadn't been good at actually greeting people lately, though. In fact, she'd been struggling to even show her face around Tanglewood. No matter how hard she tried, it seemed like Mira would always retreat back to her shell. It was completely disheartening, and all she really wanted to do was get better. Upon Quinn's call, she decided to show up, noting the fact that Malphas was already there.

"Oh, hello," Mira greeted the stranger, in her usual nervous, hushed tone. "My name is Mirabella. Let me know if you need anything," she offered, eyes focused down at her own paws. It was pretty routine that she averted eye contact, so she just hoped that the stranger didn't mind. She was sure that the stranger's attention would turn back to whoever else came to greet them anyhow.

♡♡♡
tags