Beasts of Beyond
courtesy call || gardening - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: courtesy call || gardening (/showthread.php?tid=4261)

courtesy call || gardening - Leigh - 07-30-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ — As Leigh and now as Magika, his love for gardening and just digging around in the soil had never wavered. It was therapeutic and kept him grounded and away from the inner turmoil that was his brain. It had been a bit difficult at first- remembering that his wings wouldn't be of too much use other than flying. He had to thank his lucky stars that he could work with his talons. Snowbound was as frosty as ever, even in the summertime, but he could make it work. If plants and shrubs could grow, why not other things? And so the majority of his morning was spent digging through the frosted ground in front of his little house, scraping away and churning the soil to the best of his abilities. From a satchel around his shoulders, he plucked out a packet of bearberry seeds and began planting them one by one, taking great care to make sure each one received equal amounts of attention. The bearberry- he learned- was a small tasteless fruit that had the ability to grow in cold environments like this. While edible in small amounts, it was more geared towards aiding in the medical field. He wasn't sure how much use anyone could make of it, but at the very least it was something. "That is... if you grow..." he hummed softly, patting down a patch of cold soil. Now all he could really do was play the waiting game.

Re: courtesy call || gardening - arcy - 07-31-2018

Izuku had spent some time considering if it was possible to grow things in the tundra. It would be nice if he could, y'know? It was tiring, having to go in and out of the territory all of the time just to get herbs. And, sometimes, Izuku got too injured to go out and about. And sometimes he needed things to do when he couldn't go out. Uh -- this wasn't really the point. The point is, that the newcomer Izuku hadn't interacted with is doing .. something? He'd been passing by when he was just sort of .. out and about, because wow he could walk without worrying about his legs too much(except for the dislocated leg thing), wasn't that neat? But. Was he .. planting stuff? Izuku tilts his head as he limps closer to where Magika is, and perches himself a few feet away. He's hesitant to get any closer. Izuku has been figuring out this 'be sensitive of how big you are and where your claws are going' thing, but it's really hard when you're not used to being a dragon. But he's gone through this once already, so --.
"What are you .. doing?" Izuku asks. Magika seems to be done with whatever he was doing, but Izuku still wants to know. Just out of curiousity. And also, Izuku [i]would[/i] like to keep an eye on how the plants grow, if that's what Magika is doing. I mean .. it'd be really useful, y'know? The green-scaled dragon shuffles is talons awkwardly as he considers Magikatricks with wide eyes. Maybe he's just being nosy again, but, well, nobody had really done anything but enable that particular trait of Izuku's.
[glow=black,2,300]I WONT BE HERE LONG AT ALL [/glow]

Re: courtesy call || gardening - ATBASH CIPHER. - 07-31-2018

ATBASH CIPHER
i should've said what i hear
i should have let myself fear
Gardening was something Atbash knew of doing, although she didn't know how to do it. Back in Dimension FiveX, her father and brothers were farmers, while she and her mother just cleaned around the house. It was a sucky life, but Atbash had to get used to that, considering that was how the Dimension's society worked. Females were stay-at-home mothers and tended to the house, while males in the Seventh Tier were farmers. "He's gardening!" Atbash exclaimed to Izuku telepathically, her eyes shining as she made her way over to watch. To Magikatricks, the Hailcaller tried to send him a mental message, "What are you planting?"
bio | female | hailcaller [leader] of snowbound
© madi

Re: courtesy call || gardening - Character Graveyard. - 08-01-2018

Gardening was definitely not something that Kirishima was interested in. Nor would he ever think of picking up the habit of growing a garden. It just didn't suit him- though it was a sort of cool hobby. Crimson-eyes had quickly spotted a few other Snowbounders, so he had decided to approach, wagging his tail as he did.

Since Atbash and Izuku had started to question and talk to Magika, Kirishima had decided to stay silent, though he would clearly watch the former-leader at work with his plants.
tags :: updated 7/26:

Re: courtesy call || gardening - madster - 08-01-2018

gardening? clearly, gardening was something visual, something that someone without sight would struggle with. plus, he was a carnivore, being a cat, so he had little use with plant knowledge. still, though, he could understand the appeal- the cold earth felt comfortable beneath his paw pads, a good tactile feel, and being outdoors always raised his spirits. "it's nice, isn't it?" he said, just feeling the squishy soil beneath his paws. it was the small things in life, wasn't it?

Re: courtesy call || gardening - Dimitri - 08-01-2018

[table][tr][td]
"DUPLICATE" DIMITRI
He was noticeably wheezing as he approached. The black Persian had a smushed in face and yellow eyes. He wore glasses and had a band around the back to keep them on his face. His mouth fell open and he breathed though it. His fur was more unkempt and ragged, slightly stumbling as he approached, moving to take in the scent of the garden.
"Could you... put a little one by my house? I never thought anything would grow here..."

TAGSPLAYLISTWALL OF TEXT • PENNED BY OWLIE
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: courtesy call || gardening - Leigh - 08-02-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ — His heart swelled. They were interested and he was more than willing to provide answers. He looked to Izuku, eyes shining. The dragon didn't scare him one bit. Izu couldn't. He remembered the kid from way back. If he remembered right, Jacob had chosen him as his apprentice during his medic days. "Planting some seeds-- bearberries-- to be exact." he'd answer, shifting his gaze to Atbash and Kirishima. He nodded to Henri's question, rolling some soil between his talons. "It's wonderful. I've always loved gardening." Dimitri's question caught his attention, his almond eyes flicking to the feline as he flashed the biggest smile to the other. "If I can get these to grow, I'll plant you the biggest garden you could ever want-- that's a promise." Of course he'd fill up the whole town with flowers and fruits if he could but he could keep his plans a secret for now.

Re: courtesy call || gardening - Dimitri - 08-03-2018

[table][tr][td]
"DUPLICATE" DIMITRI
"That would be very nice.... you’d make an old man very happy...” He smiled and laid down, rubbing crust from his eyes and laying his head down too, as if he were tired. "If you do that for me.... you need to show me how to tend to it, too...”

"I’m Dakota by the way. I’m one of Dimitri’s personalities. I’m old and very tired.”
A better question was, why didn’t he just shift into younger body?
TAGSPLAYLISTWALL OF TEXT • PENNED BY OWLIE
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]