Beasts of Beyond
A MAN MAKES PAINFUL CHOICES && open, joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: A MAN MAKES PAINFUL CHOICES && open, joining (/showthread.php?tid=4162)

A MAN MAKES PAINFUL CHOICES && open, joining - ADELAIDE -- - 07-29-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ — one can only travel for so long before they, themselves, are ready to topple over like poorly stacked rocks. that bundle of smooth stones had been adelaide, paws aching and the pads cracking under the rough terrain. truly, any more steps and she would soon join the fallen animals upon the ground. now, here was the catch.

she knew nothing about this place. she knew no one. that fact in itself had her heart caught thumping in her throat as she swallowed down nerves. after all, an observatory left to the ruins of nature wasn't comforting. it was not a home that struck awe, per say. she could see the lumbering building in the distance. and it wasn't pretty. but that hadn't mattered. she can't complain, after all, it's better than collapsing gods-know-where due to exhaustion.

with careful steps, the mutt had stepped forward. a malnourished figure, standing tall to survey the area as best as possible. well, there really wouldn't be any way to know what kind of souls lived here if she had never encountered them. "alright, my name's adelaide, i need a place to stay. i can't travel longer, and would like to rest here, if possible." while her voice dictated the confidence of a loved leader, the nervous shuffling of her paws had exposed her true anxieties. could you blame her, however? she didn't get many opportunities to stay at places that had people. usually abandoned homes had held her and the leaves under great trees had kept shelter for her. this was new, exciting and nerve-wracking. bittersweet.

Re: A MAN MAKES PAINFUL CHOICES && open, joining - OWEN. - 07-29-2018

[align=center][Image: tumblr_nra53dhqrf1uutgwwo2_500.gif]
25 m/o male german shepherd ascendants tags
[div style="width: 51%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: 0px; font-family: georgia; color: #75A29D;"]
"Well, aren't you a hot piece of ass?" Came the voice of Owen as he arrived, the black and brown german shepherd pushing his way through a pile of bushes to come and greet the femme. She was beautiful, in his opinion. It was strange, though. She smelt unusual, but it only caused his curiosity to spike more. "My name's Owen, hun. Welcome to the Ascendants, then." He chuckled, a smug look in his amber eyes as he spoke. She was a hot one, that's for sure. But, he had to keep an ear on lookout, to make sure none of the raptors showed up and tried to attack. God, that would be a mess.

Re: A MAN MAKES PAINFUL CHOICES && open, joining - Suiteheart - 07-29-2018

SUITE
HEART
Adelaide was right: the Observatory wasn't the best looking building she had ever taken up residence in. It was old and dirty on the outside. However, the inside was a flurry of love and light and beautiful decorations. Seaglass mosaics hung from the walls and paintings dotted everywhere. Hazel and Pele had even painted most of the hallways. Suiteheart supposed it was one of those "don't judge a book by its cover," type of situations.

The canine's words drew her forward first, and she arrived as soon as Owen spoke. "Whoa, down, boy. Don't wanna scare away the new blood like that," the white feline replied. She turned her attention from the raptor tamer to the other female. A lopsided grin marked her lips. "Welcome to the Ascendants. I'm Suiteheart. Need a tour, or are you more of the solo type?"

After a beat, she added, "Why don't we get to inside, huh? You look fucking tired." It was clear Adelaide had just embarked on a large journey. She could probably use the rest.

[b]suiteheart folie-mikaelson . ecliptic admiral . the ascendants . tags
© [color=black]MADI

Re: A MAN MAKES PAINFUL CHOICES && open, joining - MOONMADE - 07-29-2018

[div style="; width: 55%; margin-left: 180px; text-align: justify"][size=9pt]/ hi grass ninja'd me but i have no will to edit this so shrug emoji. welcome tho!!!

Jesus fucking Christ. What a first impression. Who the fuck had raised that guy? Where were his goddamn manners? Typically Moon would recoil at the words Owen chose, but today he was sleep deprived and short nerved already, so he wasted no time in expressing is disgust. "Hi, Hello," he says, pushing past Owen and deliberately obscuring him from view. "Welcome to the Ascendants. I swear not all of us talk like we were dragged up by a truck driver. This one's just really got a way with words." He's tired, and it shows in his tone, flatter than usual and making no attempt to sugar coat his words. All slumped shoulders and dragging tail, Moon looks the stranger over for the sake of general safety -- they can't just let anyone in, even though they do, more often than not -- and figures he should introduce himself. "Name's Moon. I'm with the Medic team. If you ever find yourself with some chipped claws after knocking some respect into this guy, drop into the Cleric's den."

Re: A MAN MAKES PAINFUL CHOICES && open, joining - Character Graveyard. - 07-29-2018

[table][tr][td]
space
[/td][td]
space
[/td][td]
space
[/td][td]
space
[/td][/tr][/table]
The faint smell of anxiety had brought Echo over. Any trace of fear or anxiety on anybody marked one for a possible meal for the raptors. Echo would walk over, her long-tail lashing behind her and teeth barred. Her front-claws were curling and uncurling impatiently as she approached the scene. She would eye Moon and Suite warily before she looked towards Adelaide- indemnifying the female as the possible meal.

She would tilt her head before straightening her entire body and stepping towards Adelaide, ignoring everyone else on the scene.
ECHO
#psychosocial.

Re: A MAN MAKES PAINFUL CHOICES && open, joining - OWEN. - 07-29-2018

[align=center][Image: tumblr_nra53dhqrf1uutgwwo2_500.gif]
25 m/o male german shepherd ascendants tags
[div style="width: 51%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: 0px; font-family: georgia; color: #75A29D;"]
He was expecting the standoff-ish tone of the medic when he arrived, and chuckled at Suiteheart's statement, sitting down to listen to whatever the girl would say. Was she a solo type of person? He could accompany her.. To his bungalow, that is. He could give a tour of the room.

Owen cackled at the thoughts that he had shot through his own head, shaking his head side to side. Let's not get punched anytime soon. Though, as always, he had been surprised by Echo's appearance. The raptor's were a handful, that's for sure. They would eat anything that showed any signs of fear.

"Echo." Came the warning tone of voice from Owen as the lowest ranking raptor as of right now strolled forward, obviously seeing Adelaide as a meal. The german shepherd stood up, amber eyes peering over at Suiteheart, then at Adelaide. "Hey, hot stuff. Mind not being so scared? Echo over here thinks you're a meal. I mean, not that I'm disagreeing. You'd be.. Quite the snack. For me, that is." Owen remarked with a smirk, before turning his body to Echo once more.

"Hey, Echo! On me!" Owen ordered, a loud chirp escaping his lips as he commanded the raptor. Hopefully she would listen and just fall into formation behind him. He was sure that if Echo was here, Delta wasn't too far behind. After all, he noticed the Beta had followed him around more often now.

Re: A MAN MAKES PAINFUL CHOICES && open, joining - ADELAIDE -- - 07-29-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ — at first, everything seemed to be going perfect. until some piece of trash had opened his mouth. her attention settled quickly on this disgrace of a man, mouth turning into a disgusted frown. "yeah, i am. a lot more fucking hot than you, so run off pup." the man might be older than her, but she was not taking any of his words. not when she was this tired. jesus, who introduces themselves like that?

before adelaide could rip his head off, a much better soul appeared. turning the already frustrated femme a bit calmer with her own arrival. "suiteheart? i like it. i'll explore on my own later, thanks. nice to see a decent person." a glare towards the german shepherd who's markings couldn't even finish themselves. all she needed now was rest...maybe something to soothe her paws. but definitely not a tour of this hunk of junk. however...suiteheart had looked akin to royalty to adelaide so...perhaps the place just needs to be given a chance. no street rat would have a pelt that clean.

and next, thank god, came someone she could appreciate. "hopefully that's an invite to punch him. i'll be sure to visit you, moon. gotta get something for my paws." by now, they looked like broken wood. whatever, it doesn't matter. giving a small nod to moon, the medic here, she had been alerted to something else. again. jesus, when does it stop?

she was expecting to find another pleasant canine, or feline, or whatever. but not this monstrosity. the mutt had kept firm eye contact on the raptor, stepping forward as well. well, this one looks as cocky as the first guy. "hey owen? shut the fuck up. i'm not scared of your dumb over grown lizard. and never call me 'hot stuff' it's not my fucking name. dimwit." she swears she's not this mean usually. it's just...flirts like him that bother her. so selfish to not ever think of someone else's heart and only using others for his own fulfillment. disgusting.

Re: A MAN MAKES PAINFUL CHOICES && open, joining - ★ HAZEL - 07-29-2018

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair
Hazel was...late to this particular joining, but no matter. Skirting around Echo to stand next to Moon, the cocoa feline eyed Adelaide before casting a level gaze at Owen. She hardly knew either of them, but Owen's attitude wasn't the most inviting thing she'd heard so much as it was sloppy, shameless flirting. Her gaze hardened just a bit, weary and ready to tell Owen to back off and watch his tongue, but then Adelaide was shutting him down all on her own. A flicker of admiration and smug satisfaction had a small emerald popping up next to her paw.

"Ignore him if he says something like that again," Hazel advised, a teasing lilt to her voice. She wasn't completely serious, but...there was a fair amount of seriously, ignore him among the gold of her optics. "I'm Hazel. Can I get your name again? I didn't catch it the first time." She admitted sheepishly.
HAZEL E CAELUM — KUIPER CORPORAL — MOODBOARDPLAYLISTTAGS
© MADI