Beasts of Beyond
painted black /-/ joining, open - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: painted black /-/ joining, open (/showthread.php?tid=4082)

Pages: 1 2

painted black /-/ joining, open - deimos - 07-28-2018

↠↠Joel wasn't sure how he got here, why he was stumbling with a wound on his hind leg, why is pack was so empty and his muzzle wrapped with barbed wire. He grimaced as he stepped into the marshs, his paws up to his ankles already soaked. Somehow, Joel managed to blindly stumble about for a half mile, his muzzle still trapped and wrapped tightly. He wasn't aware he crossed a border, however, the graying coyote wheezing with effort. Joel scampered up the hill into the forest, before sitting down and raising his paws, trying to tear it from his muzzle.

He could barely retrace the steps he had taken through the marsh, his eyes sweeping towards it  as he paused, only half of the wire removed from his face. He grimaced. "Damnit." He managed through the wire, his guitar slowly sliding over his shoulder as he pulled the rest of the barbed wire off with a deep grunt, his eyes narrowing as he felt the blood drip from his muzzle.

Slowly, Joel pushed to his feet, sweeping the barbed wire into his pack. He could use it later. The old coyote headed deeper into the forest. Maybe he would camp out here tonight. It was clear that Joel was unaware there was civilization near. ↞↞
Template by Quill

Re: painted black /-/ joining, open - bubblegum - 07-28-2018

[align=center]
[Image: snappin_woof_f2u_by_babezord-dajc8hl.gif]
natriumguard (nathan "nate" milia) — male — tanglewood
nate was familiarizing himself with the territory. the scientist tried to collect samples of the plants he found in a pouch and became a bit...friendlier with the wildlife that inhabited the swampy grounds. he wasn't too afraid to get up and personal with the gators, which may be a bit idiotic, but the large wolf was confident he could handle himself. mostly, though, he tried to leave them alone, only approaching if they seemed particularly odd. the radioactive lands certainly had an interesting effect on everything and it was something he personally never got to study before, so he was quite curious about it all.

he was actually enjoying himself throughout. it'd been a while since he got to see so many new and different things all in one place. it was sort of exciting. one thing he did hate about it - absolutely despised - was all the god damn mud. he hated getting dirty. the wolf had come from a very neat and clean family and being covered in constant dirt was disgusting to him. the royal mannerisms he had been surrounded with for so many years were all stripped from him solely because of this territory. but, he was the one who put himself here. he ought to just deal with it.

nate was currently looking over what appeared to be a mutated plant before catching joel's scent. he knew enough about scents and territories - mostly thanks to bo and roy - that smelling a stranger within the territory was a potential problem. the wolf pushed himself towards it, his ears twitching as he grew closer. a seemingly injured coyote would enter his gaze and he would take a moment to scan the male before letting his presence be known.

"you don't look so hot." he commented in his deep voice, tone blank as he stepped in front of the male. his expression seemed almost concerned, yet at the same time it appeared slightly threatening. royalguard's medical knowledge and desire to help others was quite strong, and he couldn't help but feel it too at times. still, his goal was not to help this male just yet. "you know, you're on private property. welcome to tanglewood, what brings you here?"

Re: painted black /-/ joining, open - deimos - 07-28-2018

↠↠His eyes narrowed, shifting up as his acute ears picked up the sound of someone stepping closer. His ears twitched, and he took a step back towards the tree. So he wasn't dreaming.. he was a coyote, and that was.. whatever it was. He couldn't tell what he was, really. Joel was too stressed, too much was happening- but he grimaced as he spoke. Natrium was completely correct on what he said. Bleeding from his muzzle and the wide gash on his leg, plus he was exhausted...

Joel didn't even know why he was exhausted.

"I.. didn't know." Joel said, before twisting his face into a grimace. "I was.. running from something. God knows what." He spoke with a heavy country accent- not the annoying kind, but the kind you expect from whiskey drinking cowboys late at night. "Look- I just need bandages and I'll be on my-" Joel swayed, and suddenly Natrium stood in two different places. Joel shook his head quickly, eyes squeezing shut. He couldn't be this unprotected right now, could he? ↞↞
Template by Quill

Re: painted black /-/ joining, open - Luciferr - 07-29-2018

[table][tr][td]
BUT HEED THIS LESSON WELL,
WHEN THE WEAK COURT DEATH, THEY FIND IT
"You'll be going nowhere like that" a second deeper voice rumbled as Fenris arrived on the scene with a nod to Natrium and frowned at, joel yes?

"I'll fetch a Nurse - keep him awake Natrium" best not to let him fall unconscious or something when the healers needed an account of what wounds, what symptoms and such - with that the 9 foot beast turned swiftly to go fetch said nurses.

/pingin all nurses listed on disc, [member=253]iota[/member] [member=37]MALPHAS[/member] [member=1431]ABATHUR .[/member]

TAGSPLAYLISTREF (9FT) • TANGLEWOOD / REGENT
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: painted black /-/ joining, open - bubblegum - 07-29-2018

[align=center]
[Image: snappin_woof_f2u_by_babezord-dajc8hl.gif]
natriumguard (nathan "nate" milia) — male — tanglewood
the wolf tilted his head slightly as he listened to the male's response, watching his expression. running from something? that sounded a bit problematic. the male looked around for a moment, as if to make sure he wasn't followed. if he brought some sort of danger here, that would be troublesome. but, he does not seem to have anything following him now. he eyed as he tried to say he just needed bandages, but sort of failed in the process.

the male was soon repeated by another tanglewood member. he turned his gaze for a moment, listening to the male's words. he personally could handle the injuries himself, but he wouldn't stop the male from fetching a nurse. "well, you didn't choose the worst place to wander in." he said, sort of slowly. the male took off his bag that he'd been using to collect samples. he figured the male wasn't lying - at least, not mostly. if anything, he didn't appear to be a threat. he just genuinely was in need of some aid.

"i don't know if it would be wise for you to continue on your own right now." the male knew better than to walk around without some sort of bandages and herbs, considering his own risky actions. he reached around in his bag, looking for a couple specific things. "fortunate for you, my...son was a doctor, and i'm a scientist." the way he said son almost seemed bitter, though he kept his deep voice mostly level. he personally was not fond of referring to roy as his son, but it was probably only appropriate he did at this point. nate grabbed at a rag and would offer it to the stranger. "you should clean up whatever blood you've got right now before anything's applied."

"by the way, what's your name?" he decided to ask. it was probably appropriate they at least acquainted each other. "i'm natriumguard, or just nate, if you wish." he got a rag himself, as well, slowly and gently attempting to wipe off the male's muzzle. he wasn't one for physical contact, so a bit of an uncomfortable look would enter his features, but he didn't wish to just stand around uselessly.

Re: painted black /-/ joining, open - deimos - 07-29-2018

↠↠He didn't seem to be alerted when Fen showed up, too focused on not stumbling into a slump, his eyes blinking rapidly, his head woozy and his stomach twisting. But as he spoke, he noticed rather quickly that another person had joined the conversation. He grimaced, his graying jowls drawing back only to drop again as the other male spoke. "Nowhere, huh?" He almost stumbled on his words.

And just as soon as Fen showed up, he was gone. Joel didn't seem to complain or notice either way, his fluttering eyes flicking towards Nat again. It was like his tone changed with every situation, his emotions jumping all over the place. Joel didn't notice at the moment, however- once again focused on not dying. "Wise.. I'll be.. fine-" Joel coughed, a wheeze electing from his throat as he took the rag, turning his head long enough to twist and push pressure on his leg gash. He grimaced, before stiffening up at the rag on his muzzle.

Careful, hazel eyes flickered back towards Nat as he worked, but instead of acting out and pulling back he spoke. He was far too tired to fight against it, anyways. ".. Joel." He said, quietly. "My name is Joel, and I have no idea where I am." He continued.↞↞
Template by Quill

Re: painted black /-/ joining, open - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 07-29-2018

Re: painted black /-/ joining, open - madster - 07-30-2018

"i'm here," announced the anti-social nurse, the scent of alcohol radiating off his messy fur. his red eyes were narrowed as he navigated over to the group. he turned to natrium, thankful for his help, but his ego got in the way and he was about to tell him off for doing his job, then he realized that wasn't what being a nurse was about.

"how'd you manage that?" malphas said, voice nearly monotone as he opened the bag on his side, having traded the fanny pack for a more fashionable messenger bag. he fetched bandages and some antiseptic cream. "here. let me help you, it'll only hurt somewhat," he joked dryly, face twisting into a grin.

/ permission to powerplay healing + list of injuries?

Re: painted black /-/ joining, open - deimos - 07-30-2018

↠↠".. Tanglewood? The fuck is that?" He managed, stepping away from Vigenere with a grimace. Sure, he'd let the one he first met and let touch him to begin with touch him- but breaking into the situation like that, it made Joel wary. He was already spooked from being in a place he didn't know the name to, his eyes narrowed, trying not to snarl as it would only agitate the wounds.

As the scent of alcohol bit at Joel's nose, which he still wasn't quite used to, he only frowned. He watched the red-eyed male stalk about the group before finally staggering to Joel. He grunted, barely offering a miffed response. "Fell down a hill." He replied. Joel looked away, ignoring his second statement, clearly giving him permission.

// permission granted!
barbed wire tears on his muzzle, large gash on his right hip/thigh, deep human like bite on his neck/shoulder area, which looks like it's bubbled up with blisters as well↞↞
Template by Quill

Re: painted black /-/ joining, open - — MALKYN. - 07-30-2018

[align=center][table]
[tr][td]
[Image: UNiGGOw.gif]
[/td][td]
I AM NOT A GOOD THING
[color=white](i am barely a thing at all)
[/td][/tr][/table]
The hellhound had been settled within the mud and sludge, soft clicking rumbling from her throat as she kept to herself and waited for something to stumble just a little too close. The sound of grunting and the water being disturbed had the blackened creature moving her head just slightly, the clicking growing a little louder, just enough to keep whatever it was in her 'sights'. As it stumbles away and deeper into the territory, the alpha hound slowly follows, her paw steps surprisingly light for an animal her size and the partial paralysis but considering she's a sit and wait predator at the moment, she needs to be quiet.

Malkyn's mouth opens and closes at the scent of blood, teeth chattering together a little in disgruntled irritation when the smell of vague infection hit her nose. Not something she wanted to eat then- regardless, she was going to follow it and see if died anyway. Maybe one of the alligators would get to it, or she'd let the other hounds play with it for a little game. Mud falls off in wet clumps from her wirey and thin fur, moving against the ground and stopping whenever the little coyote stopped to avoid running into him or really letting him know she was there. Not that he wasn't deaf, likely could hear her clicking behind him.

Then the others find him, and usher to treat him, take care of him, and the blind hellhound feels her mounting excitement plunge towards the ground, standing up then and shaking herself off. The clicking slows until it stops completely and she absently trails over to the group, avoiding running into the others by following their voices until she's running head first into Fenris. A faint growl, her fur standing up slightly, clicking a little more to get a feel for where everyone was before she stands a little further from the group. "And just happened to get wire around your face."
MALKYN RHODES — ALPHA HELLHOUND — TANGLEWOOD ROGUE — TAGS