Beasts of Beyond
a mob jumps to their feet [...] private - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: a mob jumps to their feet [...] private (/showthread.php?tid=389)

a mob jumps to their feet [...] private - cry - 03-27-2018

Inhale... Exhale......... Inhale.... exhale... That was her life right now. Days turned into weeks in this cursed place. She was just a dumb animal taken under the wing of a mammal... heh... get it.... wings... She sighed, resting her aching head down in the dirt. Why did she decide that flying in a blizzard was a good idea? Now she was stuck here. She felt obligated to stay. A magnet was keeping her on the ground, inhibiting her from being free and leaving. Or... She peered down at her right wing, lazily put into a bandage swing or cast, perhaps it was her wing that was keeping her here.

Birds were not made to be on the ground. She was a creature of the sky, ready to fight and swoop those bigger than her. Her talons were artificially sharpened by her own hands, ready to gouge the eyes out of her opponents and hinder them blind. She was a soldier, battle ready and able to spill blood onto the snow around them. How everyone would fear her once she got better.

She shut her eyes.

Cry was in a constant flight or fight in this cursed land. Everyone was out to get her. Many had tried to eat her already, gobble her up head first into their hot, sharp maws. They did not think second of it. She was able to kill, but who was the true monster here? Cry was practically a vegetarian. She couldn't stand the idea of hurting something that didn't know better or couldn't fend for itself. Even back home, she would offer a weapon to those unarmed before making an attack. If they declined, that was their own problem.

She was currently resting under a bush, tending to her broken wing. It was healing, though very slowly. It was a snails pace. It was unbearable. Every second it took her bones to heal, it was another moment she could be dead. Much to the dismay of the healers, she stayed out of camp normally. She had no reason to trust anyone here. She did not even speak to them. She did not want to. She would not give them that luxury. Cry shut her eyes, a coo caught in her throat. She puffed up as a cold breeze came over. Why was she staying here??

"SPEECH"
♡♡♡
tags

Re: a mob jumps to their feet [...] private - jacob w.c. - 04-01-2018

JACOB W. corleone
✯ — he'll be the best of us
space
Jacob had been rather worried about the little avian he'd found near the border. He continued looking after her wing, trying to keep fresh bandages and herbs on it. There wasn't much he could do now besides wait for it to heal up, though, and do his best to keep away any pain she was experiencing. Her injuries were far from his biggest concerns about the bird, though. He knew he'd heard her speak. He was sure of it. He knew it wasn't even the sort of parroting he'd had some of his other birds do, either. That or, of course, it could be another one of the... no, no it wasn't them. Those only came at night.

In any case, he hadn't seen her in a few hours and he was determined to make sure no one (particularly Jersey) had eaten her. That was when his light gaze landed on the tiny creature and a light smile came to his maw. "Hi!" the simple greeting held a light tone. He wasn't even sure if it was really a greeting but he wanted to let her know he was approaching before she saw him. He imagined it'd be scary to be so small, especially when so many creatures were trying to eat you. "Um, hey, I gotta' look at your wing again if you're gonna' get any better but I won' do nothin' ya' won' let me," he added. He then hesitated before continuing, "I know ya' can talk n' you're real smart, I bet. I heard ya' when ya' first came in n' I found ya'. If ya' talked ta' me, it'd be easier for me ta' treat ya' too. 'S okay if ya' don' wanna', I guess, but ya' should know I don' eat birds. I liked 'em a lot when I was li'l n' helped look after a couple when we found 'em with broken wings n' stuff. They nested where I lived n' durin' the spring  a couple who fell out ah' their nests n' needed some help back up. One even stayed with me. I had ta' keep Jersey from those ones too." He cleared his throat after this and began to take off his bag, preparing to pull out the necessary supplies. "Anyway, even if ya' won' talk, can ya' show me if ya' want my help or not?"
space
✯ — MALE. SNOWBOUND. MEDIUM. REF. TAGS. — ✯
#psychosocial.