Beasts of Beyond
THICK AS THIEVES — MEETING 7.23.18 - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: THICK AS THIEVES — MEETING 7.23.18 (/showthread.php?tid=3760)

THICK AS THIEVES — MEETING 7.23.18 - PINCHER - 07-23-2018

CAPTAIN PINCHER ROUX | resides in the typhoon and is the demigod of rough seas. he is a muscular dark gray jaguar with frigid glacier blue eyes, marked with scars and glowing tattoos. he is the head of the roux family and is currently engaged. he is known for being a charming strategist with dark secrets. be cautious around him. —— ⚓
❝ YOU SHOULD SEE ME IN A CROWN — YOUR SILENCE IS MY FAVORITE SOUND ❞
Despite being only a week, Pincher had a lot to say and his mind was cluttered with it. Day by day, he scribbled onto the thin layer of papers that lay around on his desk as well as sticky notes. Notes filled with things he had to do and get done always haunting him even when he was taking a break. He didn't mind working, it allowed there to be distractions from the constant whisperings of an unknown language inside his head to cease. However, there were times where he just wanted to settle back and relax, to let his mind become something else than just focusing on work, family, and the security of the crew. But he couldn't. He just couldn't. The voices would become louder, demanding his presence and he would have to excuse himself back to work, believing that if they saw he was working, they wouldn't bother so much. It was a terrible inner turmoil that no one else saw outside his cool facade and as much as Pincher wanted to at least have someone to explain it to, he knew it would be best to just keep it to himself. The last thing he wanted was others to see him as a magnet for trouble and chaos and tension despite him being that way.

So like the shaking of a soda bottle, the tension was bubbling beneath the surface, ready to explode. He didn't allow it to burst in public but instead when he would slip into the ocean to scream underwater to soothe whatever pain scorned him that day. It was the only way he found peace and release yet had not been able to do that little therapy for himself the entire week so the emotions that churned and stormed within as the sudden activity made him want to be there for the new joiners and faces. He enjoyed being able to get to know everyone as much as possible even if his work tended to get in the way of that but at least meetings were there for him to see everyone and greet them without much of a problem. Except for this time, there was a problem and one that Pincher found incredibly embarrassing. Or well, when he had stepped out of his submarine home and glanced up at the monkey in the ship's crow's nest, nodding for it to sound the alarm. While the loud blare of the conch represented that the meeting was going to start, the storm gray jaguar stalked away and towards the tunnel that would lead down to the aquarium dome, his long tail swaying low to the ground as he thought over everything he needed to announce. He arrived onto the large throne, aiming to climb onto it since his jaguar form allowed it to be an easy step up except it wasn't.

It appeared his shapeshifting power had decided to malfunction, turning the large wildcat into an obsidian colored duck. It causes Pincher's icy blue eyes to widen as he exclaimed "What the quack!" His wings spread, flapping with annoyance at the sudden malfunctioning of his power. The captain grimaced as he forced himself to scramble up the throne despite the embarrassment and settled down, his tail wiggling as he waited for the others, his body temperature rising as he watched everyone focus on him. Some were amused, others were confused. Pincher raised a wing to rub his golden beak awkwardly before sniffing and stating "Uhhh, well time to get into the meeting...oi, fuck off with those looks. It's just a malfunction in my powers." Pincher snapped, hearing faint giggles in the audience as he puffed out his chest feathers as he mumbled "Alright the joiners of this week have been quite a lot. Everyone welcome the freshmeat of the crew: Marcellus, Felix, Deldrach, Pier, Rinto, Silver, Baby, Calliope, Calypso, Bodie, Splittingatoms, Gabriel, Luca, Captainpaw, and Caecia. Connor has also decided to return to us and my daughters have also been born and they are Aita, Sylvina, Nyssa, and Katherine. Make sure to treat everyone equally even if you can't stand seeing their face. The last thing I want is to see someone's head being impaled with a broken bottle." As he finished, the welcoming civil smile changed to a scowl as he felt his body change. This time, it shifted into a black porcupine with its obsidian needles bristling as Pincher bit back a long string of curses. This was ridiculous. He forced himself to remain focused as he sucked in a small breath to continue with the rest of the meeting.

"Right now, I've only decided to promote Rochelle to Striker for the exceptional work she's been showing. Job well done and take a sip, babe." He stated with a light dip of his head while the porcupine wanted to hand over the cup of bitter green kava tea for her to drink but his paws were too small for him to really grab well so he simply tipped his head towards the cup for her to take. Once that was done, the demigod continued "I would like to give shoutouts to members that have shown great potential such as Marcellus, Deldrach, Vandal, and Luca. Keep it up, you guys. Now for demotions, I have no one on the chopping board except a temporary demotion for Goldie. I need her to step back from her job as a Reaver until she gets better so until that happens, you will need to relax from your duties. I do need however my high positions to show themselves a bit more around but I have been given good notices about you guys so most are excused. However, a warning goes out to Connor. I need to see you step up your game, Concon." Pincher explained, his tongue feeling weird in the mouth of a porcupine as he shifted awkwardly as the quills on his back were rather pressing against the back of the throne rather uncomfortably. He seemed quite pleased with everyone and their capability of pulling their weight around so he didn't let the mood be ruined by some stupid power shit that decided it was the perfect time to fuck shit up.

He decided to jump onto the next part of the meeting that being announcements about other bigger stuff going on within the tropical island as Pincher parted his jaws but suddenly turned into a giant anaconda, his quills shifting down to become scales over his long form as the male's jaws parted, revealing a gaping mouth as he yawned. The immortal looked rather annoyed to this point with a small hiss flowing out of his lips before he began to the finishing points of the meeting. "Let'ssss get the sssshit news about what's hot and what'ssssss not, ssssshall we?" He raised his dark head higher to be able to look more intimidating but being a massive noodle wasn't very helpful. He forced the "s" to not roll itself out too long as he added "We are no longer allies with Snowbound so they are open to attack, raiding, capturing, and torture. I don't give a shit frankly what neutrals are. If you aren't an ally, your shit is open for looting. That's how life is so they better get used to it. On the other hand, I will be dropping the Haitian Vodou religion for being a main focus of the Typhoon. I...I've had visions about things but I'll be holding a discussion about it sometime soon so keep a lookout. Jacob has managed all the dates for everyone to get to know each other so go see what you got. The mass meet and greet is still going on for new joiners until the end of this week so go check it out if you haven't." Pincher's body then tensed as another wave of power caused his body to writhe for a moment before he turned into his old form, the doberman one. He didn't mind this one as it was his favorite but found it's body to be rather weak for some odd reason, his mind oblivious to the virus that had forced him into a larger body.

"Hmph, good enough. Also, Goldie receives the title known as the Token and will receive a copper skull charm for herself. Congratulations, my dear. Weekly tasks are being handed out by our one and only Rosie so if you haven't gotten one, go do something productive. Don't be lazy fucks. Choice awards are still happening and I also have added the Monthly Development Challenge for everyone to try and receive the rarest title known as the Quintessence and its diamond skull charm. It's a shiny bitch so you gotta love that. I have also decided to continue on with Calypso's Carnival but in its final stages which are known as the Lantern Wishes. The final event will start next Sunday so be on the lookout for that. We'll be raiding the Ascendants on Wednesday, I apologize for the delay. I have been working on other plans and tend to get a bit overwhelmed but I hope to avoid this in the future. I would also like to take a moment to thank everyone who has done the survey and given me suggestions on how to improve this place. You have all been incredible and I can not thank you enough for your hard work as well as your decision into contributing within our salty crew. Besides all the rambling, the meeting is dismissed. If you have shit to say, feel free to do so." Pincher's breathing was slightly strained in the end after all he had said but knew it was better than just being boring and being flat with what he had to say. He then reached out to gently settle the skull charm for his daughter to add to her bracelet with a faint smile on his muzzle. Despite being a rather reserved serious male, Pincher was more comfortable with his crew and tended to ramble quite often with anyone that was willing to hear. The doberman then hopped down from the throne, his body shifting back to a jaguar mid-way. The male snorted, left ear twitching as he mumbled a curse word in his native tongue. Powers were fucking wack.

SUMMARY —
welcome everyone that's new to the typhoon! we're so happy you decided to join us and i hope you like it here! <3
[member=1489]MARCELLUS[/member] / [member=1499]FELIX B.[/member] / [member=185]deldrach[/member] / [member=1446]pier[/member] / [member=1593]RINTO[/member] / [member=1554]BABY[/member] / [member=1556]SILVER[/member] / @calliope & / @calypso / @BODIE / @splittingatoms / @GABRIEL / [member=1517]Luca[/member] / @CAPTAINJACK ! / @caecia m. / @Nyssa, / @Aita C.R. / @SYLVINA / @KATHERINE
welcome back to returning [member=1119]CONNOR △[/member]
[member=1371]FISCHER, R.[/member] is promoted to Striker! Congratulations!
Shoutouts to awesome people: [member=1489]MARCELLUS[/member] / [member=185]deldrach[/member] / [member=1498]VANDAL R.[/member] / [member=1517]Luca[/member]
IC temporary demoted for [member=48]goldenluxury[/member] until she gets better! C;
A warning goes to [member=1119]CONNOR △[/member]
No longer allied to Snowbound so it's open for attack/looting for anyone
Haitian Vodou religion will be dropped and discussion for Norse mythology will be added soon
Jacob has made all the dates so go check it out and see who you got + if you haven't signed up yet, feel free to jump in!
Mass Meet and Greet is still open to joiners/new people!
[member=48]goldenluxury[/member] recieves the copper skull charm + token title!
WEEKLY TASKS BY ROSEMARY
CHOICE AWARDS
LANTERN WISHES
MONTHLY DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGE
Thank you all for the feedback in the survey, I'll try to improve everything as much as possible! <3
❝ THE TYPHOON — CAPTAIN — IMMORTAL  — JAGUAR — FATHER — FIANCE ❞

Re: THICK AS THIEVES — MEETING 7.23.18 - CAESAR CIPHER. - 07-23-2018

IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD !
CAESAR CIPHER. MALE. THE TYPHOON. OFFICER.
Although Caesar usually had a grumpy look on his face as he came over to the meetings, today was a day he looked almost happy to be here. But no, he was mostly just amused by Pincher's malfunctioning powers. The Officer definitely preferred having no powers over malfunctioning ones, but maybe that was just him. Then again, Pincher didn't exactly have control over his powers, did he?

The meeting wasn't particularly too interesting, just the normal announcement of joiners and one promotion. However, what did catch Caesar's attention was the mention of Snowbound and how they were no loner allies. A grin formed on the demon's maw and a spark of excitement rushed through him. Oh, Pincher just made the announcement of a lifetime. With Snowbound no longer being allies, he could fuck Atbash up. If Caesar had telepathy, he'd probably thank the Captain for dropping them, completely unaware it had been his sister who technically dropped The Typhoon first. "Noted." Was the only thing Caesar said, with a nod of his head to confirm he heard everything.
#psychosocial.

Re: THICK AS THIEVES — MEETING 7.23.18 - bubblegum - 07-23-2018

[align=center]
[Image: tiny_pixel_goldie.png]
goldenluxury "goldie" roux — female — the typhoon — tags
goldie knew the meeting would be today, so the sick girl was sure to rest before it. she was tired of being late to the them or missing them altogether. she settled away from caesar, coughing slightly as she turned her attention to her papa. his powers malfunctioning was certainly different. is he alright? perhaps he needed some rest.

nonetheless, she'd have to save that for later, as the meeting went on either way, and he probably didn't want to be told to nap by his daughter in front of everybody. the first set of the meeting wasn't really news to her, but she listened anyway. she was getting better about greeting the newcomers ever since her injury. she'd say hello to them all as soon as she's done being sick. however, at the sound of her name, her ears would lower. she was being demoted?

he needs her to step back? a small frown formed across her features. she must be such an awful child to cause her family so much worry. she was supposed to be making them happy. she looked downward, clearly disappointed. she quietly listened to the rest of the meeting, only looking away from the ground when she, again, heard her name. a title? the disappointment upon her face lifted slightly and she got up cautiously, moving towards her papa to grab the charm once he was finished.

Re: THICK AS THIEVES — MEETING 7.23.18 - rochelle - 07-23-2018

[align=center][div style="borderwidth=0px; text-align: justify; width: 520px; padding-bottom: 17px; overflow: stretch; font-family: verdana;"]The wolf had not at first seen the Captain heading towards the meeting area. Instead, it was the sound of the horn that called Fischer to where Pincher stood. Or ... or was that not Pincher? Obviously it couldn’t be ... that was a duck. And sure enough, the meeting began, and it was clear that the Captain was a duck ... no, now he was a porcupine. Rochelle tilted her head upwards, looking at the leader. No matter how funny she found the body swap to be, her expression didn’t show a bit of it, just a warm, idle look in her eyes, trying rather to focus on the content of the meeting.

Her claws scraped the earth gently underneath when she heard her name, following the welcome to the many new crewmates that’d joined the Typhoon. Striker. The umber furred wolf closed her eyes momentarily before stepping forward to drink the green kava tea. It was sweet to her now, feeling much lighter on her toes as she murmured gently, ”Thank you, Captain.” Before returning to where she’d been sitting previously. And as the meeting continued, the freshly made Striker couldn’t help but feel a solemn sadness, despite Pincher’s humorous body switches, for Goldie. The poor kid, all she wanted to do was work, but maybe she’d start to understand better about taking care of herself. Keeping quiet for the rest of the meeting, Fischer would close her eyes, absorbing the feeling of content. She had more of a responsibility for her group, and she needed to make sure she fulfilled that duty.

Re: THICK AS THIEVES — MEETING 7.23.18 - goodsprings - 07-23-2018

CAPTAINPAW
✯ — YOUNG LOVERS AND THEY ARE NOT SLEEPING
space
his first meeting!

captainpaw had been anticipating one since he first heard of them. where pincher would stand tall, address his crew with what was expected of them all. things they could do better in and given praise to those who deserved it. the maine coon mix was absolutely loving every moment of it! hearing his name called had him bubbling in excitement, his body buzzing and tail tip twitching. he looked as though ready to start bouncing off the walls.

"congratulations miss fischer!" he cheered with a wide smile, then stood as the meeting was declared over. seeing the captain switch into four different bodies over a span of five minutes was very... odd, but it certainly did look cool.

the meeting seemed to be all in good spirits, though. it made cap proud that they were doing so well. perhaps by the time the next meeting arose they would have done something greater!

space
✯ — male. the typhoon. easy. REF. BIO. — ✯
#psychosocial.

Re: THICK AS THIEVES — MEETING 7.23.18 - ANDRAS - 07-23-2018

coming up besides captainpaw was rinto, hearing his name early-on. he was noticed? he couldn't help but smile a little bit, glad that he felt like he was a part of this clan now. he felt bad for goldie- she was a sweetheart, but seemed to be terribly sick. maybe he'd bring her some more cookies later to make her feel better? rinto relaxed his shoulders, hearing about the call for attacks on snowbound. he didn't really know about other clans all that well, but did have a weird urge to fight. think about it. all the blood. it'll be great, you can bathe in the stuff, rinto thought, and remembered the knife in his backpack. he began to imagine the possibilities, driving himself mad with the ideas, until he relaxed, thinking he might look weird.

Re: THICK AS THIEVES — MEETING 7.23.18 - VANDAL R. - 07-23-2018

Vandal hears the horn blaring (god, could that sound be any more obnoxious?) just as she's about to start on her first tankard of rum for the day. She sighs and, for a moment, considers downing the whole thing in one go and making her merry way to wherever the fuck she needs to be. She thinks better of it, though, because she's not stupid enough to present herself in a meeting smelling like rum. So, instead, she pushes the entire thing to another person in line and makes a run for it.

She skids to a stop just in time to see - a duck - a goddamn duck on the throne. Must've been a misfire. Vandal's ready to turn and leave and get her damn tankard back but the duck speaks and it's her brother's voice and suddenly... damn. She wanders over to find a place behind Rinto and lets out a soft sigh, listening in on Pinchy's announcements as he shifts from one form to another. The porcupine is particularly cute, and Vandal makes a note to paint the whole scene later. Just a porcupine sitting on a throne. No big deal. She nods her head when she's acknowledged but says nothing more until the end of the meeting, shoulders shaking in laughter.

;; muse? never heard of her

Re: THICK AS THIEVES — MEETING 7.23.18 - Luciferr - 07-24-2018

[align=center]
You will always be a monster, there is no turning back from it.
But what type of monster you become is entirely up to you -

snowbound was open for attack, only a single promotion for the week and an event - hm, lantern wishes?

No the religion issue concerned him - that could be dangerous, he'd seen it happen before after all, had once had to quell a riot about the main religion they'd had once, suffice to say he hoped nothing like a civil war or such unrest would crop up,

But then he was no Lord of good fortune, he'd always been seen more as one of Ill omen if anything.

[sub]TYPHOON - CREWMATE - TAGS - EXTREME - REF - FACE REF[W]isker[/sub]

Re: THICK AS THIEVES — MEETING 7.23.18 - Verdigris - 07-24-2018

[font=trebuchet ms]Another week, another meeting. So far, nothing had gone horribly wrong since he’d made the deal, minus Snowbound wimping out of being their ally- and even then, that was turning out far worse for Snowbound than for the Typhoon. This week had been okay, all things considered.

However, as Paper entered the meeting room, and witnessed firsthand Pincher turning into a duck, he reflected that maybe this week was more than just okay. Stifling a snicker, he sat next to Gold and listened in on the rest of the announcements, and gave a nod to Fischer when her name was called. When Gold was temporarily demoted, he muttered to her, ”Don’t worry about it. Your dad’s just being a dad, y’know?” Her clear disappointment was difficult to watch, but she had to rest sometime, otherwise she’d burn out and drop dead sooner or later- especially with how sick she was.

Giving Snowbound a what-for and dropping their religion... he’d almost forgotten they had a religion. Hearing Gold be given a title, he offered her a grin, but said nothing else as she went to take the charm. Weekly tasks, of course, and raiding the Ascendants, finally.

With that, once Pincher had finished, Paper took his leave. There was work to do.