Beasts of Beyond
Papaoutai -- open; halo tryout 1/2 - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Papaoutai -- open; halo tryout 1/2 (/showthread.php?tid=3550)

Papaoutai -- open; halo tryout 1/2 - trojan g. - 07-19-2018

do you believe you could change me? the way i changed you.

It had taken Roman a while to decide on whether or not he wanted to try out to be a halo or not. For one, he was older than most of the members in the clan, so it was odd, in his own mind, training under someone, for another, he already knew most of what there was to know about medicine, so there wouldn't need to be much training. His extensive knowledge thanks to tragic accidents that he was prone to when he was younger, having to learn about fevers from being sick so much, as well as what to do for chest pains from almost drowning, as well as how to deal with cuts and scrapes, and his least favorite - amputations, and what to do when they went wrong. It wasn't as if Aster had done anything wrong when he had been rescued from the bear trap, it was that they didn't see that his leg couldn't be saved, and when they tried to, it made things worse, so, eventually, the leg had to go.

It was fine, and Roman held no ill-will towards his former mentor, but it had all led to where he was now, all led to how much he knew and how he knew that when he had heard the four herbs that they were meant to look for - comfrey root, chamomile, juniper, and burdock root - he knew exactly what they looked like right away. If he hadn't decided to join in the training and searching so late, he would have asked for someone else's help getting around to actually look for the herbs, help someone else that knew less, but he could try to help someone out later, try to make it so that they could learn how to use herbs properly.

Padding through the territory, the male would head over towards the Starpool, in search of the burdock first. Scanning the area for a moment, careful not to get too close to the water, the male would catch sight of the purple plant, heading over towards one before carefully digging it up, using his claws to carefully collect some of the roots before burying it once more so that more could grow in the oncoming seasons.

Heading back towards the way he came, the male would veer off towards the left, heading off towards where he knew larger grasses grew, a place he could likely get the comfrey and the chamomile would be near the area. If he was lucky he wouldn't have to go too far for the juniper. Luck was paying off, and he found the rest of the herbs with some searching, and, heading back towards the observatory Roman pad over towards the Cleric's den, placing the herbs down carefully in their bundle by the door, tied up in a cloth before walking off to figure out what he could do next. 

Re: Papaoutai -- open; halo tryout 1/2 - imperia - 07-19-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 51%; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: georgia;"]/ i love that song hnng

Imperia is not so much gunning for the halo position as she is interested in expanding her medical knowledge. She would be over the moon were she to be chosen, but it is not the end of the world if she is not. In the end, all that matters is that she learns a enough in order to become somewhat useful around the clan. She fears conflict which removes her as a defender of the territory; and she avoids killing animals even for hunting if she can avoid it which makes her a poor huntress. But she is smart and she is kind which makes healing a suitable occupation. Or maybe just a hobby, if things do not go her way.

The lovely young she-wolf is exiting the cleric's den just as Roman arrives, a bundle of herbs and bandages overflowing from her leather satchel. To anyone unfamiliar with the creature, she might look as if she were stealing them; but in reality, she is only restocking supplies so that she can patch up Agent Carolina. The beautiful leopardess is resistant to aid, but Peri is stubborn when it comes to making sure her friends and colleagues remain healthy. "Oh, bonjour," greets the dainty creature with a friendly smile, silver eyes flickering down to observe the gathered herbs. Wow, it seems like he knows his stuff, huh? "Are you participating in the tryouts, too?" she asks with genuine interest. Peri is always eager to connect with others, especially when they might share similar interests. She does not know much yet, but she is constantly searching for new sources of information. Friendship is an added benefit.

Re: Papaoutai -- open; halo tryout 1/2 - trojan g. - 07-20-2018

do you believe you could change me? the way i changed you.

Roman would look over towards the other, his face lighting up slightly as she spoke, head nodding once. Although everyone in the clan was fairly friendly, he still wasn't used to being spoken to openly, though it was a nice change in pace if he was being completely honest. When the words Imperia spoke came from her maw the male would listen to them, head nodding for a moment before answering. "Yes, I've known about some herbs for a while, and decided to try out. Figured I'd give it a go." The older male would speak, tail waving behind him in happiness for a moment before thinking once more. "You said 'too', I assume you're participating as well?"

Re: Papaoutai -- open; halo tryout 1/2 - imperia - 07-21-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 51%; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: georgia;"]Yes, the friendliness is definitely something one must adjust to. Not to say that every person is as chipper and warmhearted as Imperia or Margaery, but there is a definite lack of people who are indifferent to a newcomer's presence. There are varying levels of interest and interaction, but very few are overtly rude when it comes to strangers at the border. The young she-wolf flourishes in this environment, even if it is a bit lonely without really good friends. As long as people do not mind her handing around and make conversation, Peri is satisfied. Back in her natal pack, she could hardly leave the den without someone ridiculing her for simply behaving as her true self. It was lonely then, too, but she can speak to others here without worrying about saying the wrong thing.

Imperia listens with genuine interest, silver eyes shining with curiosity as Roman speaks. "Wow," she gushes. "You must know a lot about it. Healing, I mean." Clearly, the girl is impressed. Thus far, practicing herbs and learning the art of healing has been little more than a hobby. It interests her, yes, but she is not obsessed with becoming the best. She merely wants to learn. The girl is always on the look out for people to teach more about how the world works. "Yes, I am. I don't expect to be chosen or anything, I just want to try and be more helpful if I can. At the very least, I'd like to learn more." She shrugs. Perhaps it would make more sense to feel confident in her success, but Peri is not that sort of person.