Beasts of Beyond
would this be allowed? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: would this be allowed? (/showthread.php?tid=3525)

would this be allowed? - cyantist - 07-19-2018

[align=center][div style="text-align:justify;width:55%;font-size:10pt;font-family:verdana"]I have a character in the animal game which i'd like to make a tinkerer so I'm asking would it be possible for them to make non-combat little machines? They wouldn't be able to talk and they'd have basic functions, but they'd be fun projects that he does to distract himself/keep himself busy. They wouldn't be used offensively but i'm aware there's a limit on technology.

Re: would this be allowed? - vellichor - 07-19-2018

I’m not staff but I don’t see why that’d be a problem, especially if it isn’t being used offensively. I actually think that sounds really cool haha. Even with the limits in technology, battery operated things are allowed and there’s lots of examples of small motors that can be used that are battery operated (like in kid’s toys) or that are charged by a battery operated device.

Re: would this be allowed? - tikki - 07-19-2018

(07-19-2018, 09:07 AM)apricity link Wrote: I’m not staff but I don’t see why that’d be a problem, especially if it isn’t being used offensively. I actually think that sounds really cool haha. Even with the limits in technology, battery operated things are allowed and there’s lots of examples of small motors that can be used that are battery operated (like in kid’s toys) or that are charged by a battery operated device.

quoting this and agreeing. Once again, not staff, but I was thinking vex robotics and some of those little lego robot kits when you asked, and that kind of stuff seems fine, and they're battery operated

Re: would this be allowed? - nefarius - 07-19-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 470px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; color:; padding: 20px"]Agreeing with the above. I think it's allowed, but I'm gonna [member=1]Orion[/member] just to be safe.

Re: would this be allowed? - rakue - 07-19-2018

this would be fine, just try to keep his supplies realistic! for example if he had conjuration it'd make sense he'd be able to summon the gadgets he needs, or if he lived in tanglewood he'd be able to find certain tools since it's an abandoned town. but either way as long as they remain small and aren't being used offensively you're good!!

(07-19-2018, 12:27 PM)carkus link Wrote: [align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 470px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; color:; padding: 20px"]Agreeing with the above. I think it's allowed, but I'm gonna [member=1]Orion[/member] just to be safe.
try not to ping orion directly unless it's a site coding issue/bug, since those are the things that only he can help on. for questions like this one we have plenty of other staff members that can answer!

Re: would this be allowed? - Orion - 07-19-2018

what sus said! <3
also i dont really mind bc sometimes i need a break ngl

Re: would this be allowed? - cyantist - 07-20-2018

[align=center][div style="text-align:justify;width:55%;font-size:10pt;font-family:verdana"]thank you for the responses !
nice to know I can do it