Beasts of Beyond
uh placement help - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: uh placement help (/showthread.php?tid=3445)

uh placement help - demeter - 07-18-2018

so im in the process of thinking up a new char and i need to figure out what clan to put him in? his name is almost certainly gonna be moonmade, and he's charismatic, snarky and childish with a big interest in medicine. but he's one of those types that'll debate whether Sharknado was a cinematic masterpiece or not during open heart surgery u know. he draws dicks on her medicine notes.

my one preference is that there's some characters that he'll have a fun dynamic / some banter tm with. other than that i'm open to pretty much anything
thank u!!

Re: uh placement help - vellichor - 07-18-2018

aa he sounds awesome!! Well, Typhoon and Ascendants are definitely the fastest clans on site right now while Snowbound and Tanglewood are slower, so I'm not sure which pace you'd prefer but I'd def take that into consideration. I can't speak a lot about the Tanglewood characters because I'm not there right now but [member=18]tricky.[/member] could probably talk to you about specific plots and characters and things! I can say from an outsider's perspective, it seems like there's a lot of neat characters. They're also a warbound clan so I don't know if that's something you're thinking about too.

Snowbound is a neutral group and I was there until really recently. It's slower but I genuinely love all the characters there and the group of people there! They're super nice and welcoming. However, I can't really speak about current characters because I left about two-ish weeks ago now but I know that [member=589]Mysteriously Maple[/member] can talk more about it than I can! I also believe they'll have medical positions open because they currently only have one medic apprentice, to my understanding.

Ascendants is a peaceful group like Snowbound, although it's much, much faster. I recently joined and the community is very nice but it can be a little hard to get going in it just because there are so many people, although there are lots of interesting characters that I think Moonmade would get along with/be able to banter with from what I've seen. In fact, I really think he'd specifically be able to banter quite a bit with Madi's character, Bast, who's currently the leader there. 

Typhoon is a warbound group and I absolutely adore all the characters and I definitely think there are a few that Moonmade could really get to banter with because there are a lot of characters open to that sort of thing haha. Kind of like Ascendants though, it is much bigger and sometimes (at least for me) it can get a little overwhelming and hard to get into, especially because there've been a lot of new people lately. It's genuinely a really wonderful community, though, and I'd def recommend it (or ascendants) if you're used to faster paced groups.

I've enjoyed all the boarded groups I've been in but it really depends on what you're looking for!There are also a variety of smaller groups that aren't currently boarded but unfortunately I haven't participated in any of those so I don't know much about them currently. I do know that [member=197]Una.[/member] has one and may be able to talk about them more than I can!

Re: uh placement help - Una. - 07-18-2018

I would recommend Snowbound or The Typhoon, as both are great groups with a lot of neat characters in both and everyone is very welcoming and nice to new people in the group OOC. The Typhoon is a fast-paced group and Snowbound is rather slow-paced, like Apricity said, but both groups have people working hard in them to raise the activity even more. If you're not interested in either of those, I recommend Moonlight Vale, an unofficial group (which isn't my group btw, it was made by [member=62]arcy[/member] and [member=332]guts[/member] & I'm trying to help them raise activity). If you have any questions about the group, feel free to msg any of us three and I'm positive we can answer any questions/concerns/etc about the Vale.

Re: uh placement help - tricky - 07-18-2018

woah okay i was tagged
uhm tangles characters are all very unique in their own regard, ranging from a giant spider to an emotionless dragon to a fallen angel, meaning a whole ton of varying personalities to interact with. but somehow they all end up as a tight knit swamp family -- reading what you've said about moonmade (i already like him omg) he would be a fresh new character in tangle, and my boy, beck, would probably argue how jaws is a better shark movie and how sharknado is garbage. i can think of many other characters that would also interact with moonmade well, but i'll let them speak for themselves.

Re: uh placement help - demeter - 07-18-2018

wow ok thank u all!!!! u guys really gave me in depth recommendations im so blessed
im already in the typhoon w one character, so im looking for a different one with moonmade. tangle and the ascendants both sound awesome, i think i'll stalk the boards for a while and see which i think best suits him. thank u guys again!! if i see u in either of the clans i chose for him i'll hit u up ; )

Re: uh placement help - tikki - 07-18-2018

Just in case you need another opinion, I've been in the Ascendants for a bit and I love them

but no matter where you choose, I'm down for plots and such if you want once your character is settled

Re: uh placement help - MysteriouslyMaple - 07-19-2018

I was in The Ascendants for a little bit, and I believe they're also having medical tryouts last I checked. They're a faster-paced group, but despite that I did feel welcomed there! I left recently just due to the activity, but I absolutely loved my time there.

Snowbound is a slower-paced group like Apricity said, and there is only one character there with medical knowledge so it'd be great to have another face around if you wanted to join us! There are a ton of diverse characters, not only in personality, but also species! A lot of 'prey'-type animals (birds, mice) have joined recently so that's pretty cool!