Beasts of Beyond
bringing a character over from ff? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: bringing a character over from ff? (/showthread.php?tid=3402)

bringing a character over from ff? - megiji - 07-17-2018

okay so
im bringing this character over from ff and i was basically wondering if theres things that he wouldnt be allowed to remember? i dont mind starting over with him to be honest but he has had some pretty nice development so far :- 0 so i was just wondering. ive never brought a character across sites before!

also if anyone has any advice on this in general, id love to hear it!
[align=center][glow=black,2,300][/glow]

Re: bringing a character over from ff? - MirrorEdge - 07-17-2018

I've personally restarted mine, but I've seen a couple of characters who remember everything, I believe, or had amnesia, or were reincarnated, so I don't think there's any actual rules on it, though I may be wrong.

Re: bringing a character over from ff? - nefarius - 07-17-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 550px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; color:; padding: 20px"]There aren't any rules barring their ability to remember stuff on FeralFront! Just remember that Beasts of Beyond takes place on a different world, so to speak, so they can't have just happened to stumble upon BoB after having a long walk. Hope this helps :^)

Re: bringing a character over from ff? - cobblepot - 07-17-2018

i've brought over a couple characters from ff who have all/most of their memories, and all i've really done is not mention/have them forget the names of clans/characters (unless i have permission from the character's rper to name them), since i'm pretty sure the only rule regarding other sites is that u can't name any groups or anything ?

i've also brought a couple and just changed their history a bit ? like with barb, instead of having her grow up in and lead bloodclan, i had her grow up in a city and be a crime boss instead, and i used characters from her past that formed her current personality and kinda just,, placed them in her other setting with permission from their roleplayers :^)

Re: bringing a character over from ff? - megiji - 07-17-2018

ah, okay!!! thank u all so much!!

also yells @ cobble cause this is feral hello!!!!!

Re: bringing a character over from ff? - Imortapose - 07-17-2018

This has basically been answered already, but it was confirmed in the BoB discord by Orion that not remembering their FF past isn't a rule, it's strongly encouraged. The reason staff doesn't want any names mentioned is pretty much just for 'copyright' problems, y'know? Summary: it's not a rule but it's strongly encouraged that your character doesn't remember any past names of FF groups/characters.

[TW: Slight mentions of torture near the end of this paragraph]
For me, I did similar to Cobs - Caera was a leader of The Cartel and went through a lot of difficult things that changed her entire character. I wouldn't just be able to forget all that and go back to her original character, because that's just cheap after developing her for so long, so I gave her a slight case of amnesia (if that's the right word for it, I'm not sure). Caera can faintly remember the basic details of what happened to her (father abandoning her, being captured and tortured, ending up in charge of a group she felt didn't actually like her) but can't remember the small details (names, faces, territory details, etc.). I figured this would be a cool development for her too - she\s always been hung up on her past, so suddenly ending up in a new world after having died on FF with no memories of her past is going to be a challenge for her and will force her to change in order to adapt to her new life.
Of course, as others stated, you can completely start your character over or even have your character remember their past if you absoloutely can't find a way to play your character without that information. It's all up to you - if you're uncertain about things, you can always message one of the staff directly (they're all very friendly, I promise) just make absolute sure, post a thread like this one, or you can even message me/a site friend!

Good luck with figuring out how to place your character here. <3

Re: bringing a character over from ff? - cobblepot - 07-18-2018

i thOUGHt so but i wasnt sure !! henlo babe & welcome 2 bob, it's good to see u again. happy to help!!!

Re: bringing a character over from ff? - Orion - 07-19-2018

(07-17-2018, 11:23 PM)Vixem link Wrote:
This has basically been answered already, but it was confirmed in the BoB discord by Orion that not remembering their FF past isn't a rule, it's strongly encouraged. The reason staff doesn't want any names mentioned is pretty much just for 'copyright' problems, y'know? Summary: it's not a rule but it's strongly encouraged that your character doesn't remember any past names of FF groups/characters.

this!