Beasts of Beyond
Summer fun (open, cold drinks) - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Summer fun (open, cold drinks) (/showthread.php?tid=3347)

Pages: 1 2

Summer fun (open, cold drinks) - MirrorEdge - 07-16-2018

[align=center]
Something 'normal'. She could do that. Thea was plenty capable of doing that, and that was proved as the leopard made her way out of the observatory, after raiding the fridge, armed with a large cooler, which was currently being tugged to rest in the shade of the large building, to hopefully prevent the drinks from melting too fast, and she settled down with an ice-cold bottle of water, the young Fireball sticking to the shade mostly, and seeming to enjoy the peace and quiet as she hummed softly.

Whether others joined her, she didn't care, deep down, she hoped they would, they always made such nice company, and were probably great at fighting. Maybe they'd tell her some techniques she wasn't aware of.

For now, she simply tugged at the cord around her neck, which, compared to some Ascendents' pendants, was quite bare, holding only a couple of beads. Usually, she didn't mind that she wasn't wearing pretty items, but when she looked at it, all she felt was a bit of disappointment, and impatience. This was a sign of her accomplishments here, and so far, she didn't seem to have many.

Re: Summer fun (open, cold drinks) - BASTILLEPAW - 07-16-2018

BASTILLEPRISONER AURELIUS — [color=#21201c]TAGS
Bastille yawned as he padded out of the Observatory, making a note not to pull too hard on the dressing on his side. As he stepped outside, flowers bloomed up immediately in his pawsteps, but he ignored them as best as possible. A few days after the damned things had arisen, he still couldn't get them to shut off. His newest strategy was to just pretend they weren't there, even as they got in his way and invaded the ground around him.

He was about to patrol, but he stopped when he noted Thea, one of the newer kiddos, resting in the shade. Bast cocked his head to the side and eyed her for a moment before greeting idly, "You know, I'm sure you can stop staring at your necklace. It's not going to disappear." A hint of a smirk shifted upwards at the tease as he added, "Whatcha doing out here?"
© MADI

Re: Summer fun (open, cold drinks) - MirrorEdge - 07-16-2018

[align=center]
"It's not that." She said quietly, still a bit lost in thought. "Not enough accomplishments." If she didn't prove her strength, Mom wouldn't accept her. It took a few moments for her to perk up again, and try and drag the cooler forward, trying to get it close enough to Bastille, before chirping, "You want a drink?"

It was a bit strange, that this tiny feline was leader. Did he win through battle? She had seen a couple of his powers, when Playerone was a bit out of control, but wasn't sure how he stayed in power, especially with flowers blooming around his feet. Didn't that give him a disadvantage? She figured she might as well ask. "Why the flowers around your feet?" The young leopard tilted her head, whiskers twitching.

Re: Summer fun (open, cold drinks) - madster - 07-16-2018

merihem wasn't a big fan of cold drinks. he didn't really drink alcohol all that much and only drank water when he had to. meri best enjoyed piping hot tea, finding a rush from burning his tongue. he came up besides bast, stretching. he realized he couldn't find hot tea in a cooler and so kept quiet.

"yeah, it's hot as balls out here," the alabaster tom mused, pink eyes trained on the two. he knew who bast was- their leader who he found hot, and then there was a new girl he had never met. "i don't think we've ever met, dah-ling," he said, looking at thea. "my name's merihem but you can just call me meri- baby, what's your name?" meri had no problem using pet names for total strangers.

Re: Summer fun (open, cold drinks) - BASTILLEPAW - 07-16-2018

BASTILLEPRISONER AURELIUS — [color=#21201c]TAGS
Bastille arched a brow at her statement, and smirked slightly. "Yeah? You know, you barely just got here. What did you expect?" he drawled, amused by the notion of needing to somehow do the most in approximately 3 days. After a beat, he added, "I think you're doing fine, kiddo. Why else would you be a Guardian?" Bast might not care at all for rankings himself (he still refused to give his own title to joiners), but he did fine with recognizing others for their efforts. Thea was a good little tike, thus far. "Don't worry so much about measuring achievements."

He glanced over his shoulder as Meri joined them, greeting the demon with a crooked grin. "Eloquent," he commented idly, before yawning slightly. Gods, he was fucking tired, but his attention swung back to Thea at her question. He glanced down at the flowers and scowled slightly. "Cause, I can't get them to go away. I think they're just here to annoy me."
© MADI

Re: Summer fun (open, cold drinks) - MirrorEdge - 07-17-2018

[align=center]
"I'll just have to get stronger then!" She chirped, and turned her attention to the stranger, who, immediately, she considered to probably not be strong. It'd be difficult to earn her respect. "I'm Thea! You want something?" Her tail flicked to gesture towards the cooler, completely unaware Meri wasn't a fan of cold drinks, and said nothing about the flower prints. To her, it seemed a bit useless, something that couldn't be used offensively, or defensively.

Re: Summer fun (open, cold drinks) - guts - 07-17-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 51%; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: georgia;"]Even in this heat, he had no choice but to patrol around the territory, still aimlessly looking for...people. He wasn't sure who exactly, the Freelancer freaks hadn't said, but nevertheless he had been told to keep an eye out. It seemed to be about all he did anymore, walk around looking for people he might recognize. The idea there might be more of these guys unnerved him, and he could only hope there would be others like him to balance it out. It would be better than just having him and Caboose, as unhelpful as he was.

Church lifted his head as he passed by the Observatory, noticing a small set-up in front of the building and deciding he could use a small break. As he trotted over, he practically sighed in relief at the sight of the cooler of drinks. Thank god for this kid who's name he didn't know. "Hey, lend me a drink," he says as he comes to stand in front of Thea, peering into the cooler. "What do you have, anyways?"

"SPEECH"

[align=center]
"Uh, there's waters, a couple sodas, and I think there's lemonade. Might be orange juice." She tilted her head, rummaging through it, before offering the cooler to Church. "Yeah, there's an orange juice at the bottom!" A bit of ice was stuck to her paw, and she was quick to shake it off as it melted, and then grabbed a soda for herself, carefully opening it so it didn't overflow.

Re: Summer fun (open, cold drinks) - Shininglight - 07-17-2018

[div style="font-family: constantia; font-size: 13px; text-align: justified; width: 70%; margin: auto;"]
The hot summer sun beat down on Shining's wings and back, as it did the same to everyone else. The striped tomcat didn't appear all that bothered by it, oddly. Everyone else searched for shade, or stayed in the cooled indoors down below. But Shining had long grown numb to the discomforts of nature. Hot and humid, or icy and freezing. A rocky path under his paws. Rain or snow attacking his body. He had experienced it all in his lifetime. Nothing fazed him. Sometimes he failed to notice the dangerous, unsafe conditions of nature- more so recently than before. A number of explanations could be used for his lack of awareness, and most of them would be true.

Nevertheless, Shining's body instinctively found its way to some shade. Several other creatures were already gathered, but the feline didn't pay much attention to them. Except for one in particular- a noticeable figure that prompted a memory from his arrival to this group. Shining stared at the female leopard- the one named Thea- as she grabbed an aluminum container and popped it open. He said nor did nothing other than keep his gaze locked on her.

[align=center]
Of course, Thea immediately took notice of the stare, it was a bit hard not to, when it felt like Shining was trying to bore a hole in her head with it. Not that it fazed her much, she tilted her head, grinning. "Hey, mister, wanna fight? Or you want a drink?" With that, she flicked her tail towards the cooler.

Hopefully he wanted to fight. He didn't seem strong when you first looked at him, but the scars from battles won prevented her from immediately labeling him as weak, waiting to form an opinion on him first. She took a few sips, while waiting for an answer to either question.