Beasts of Beyond
YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN MY NORTH STAR | PRIVATE - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN MY NORTH STAR | PRIVATE (/showthread.php?tid=3251)

YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN MY NORTH STAR | PRIVATE - Margaery - 07-15-2018

MARGAERY FOLIE-MIKAELSON
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
MAKE ME QUEEN OR
I'LL MAKE YOU BLEED
[b]"So, tell me about that ring."

Margaery's voice, though warm, was laced with something deeper, something darker. It was as if some ancient anticipation now clung to it, a gleam of worry dancing within her gray blue eyes. Of course she feared the worst- why wouldn't she? Her father was the royal asshole of the century and she wouldn't put it past him to send a spy to come and watch her. But then again... she really couldn't assume, as paranoid as she was. She'd just have to try her best to discover the origins of the ring in less hostile ways and more friendly, open ways. Which explained the question... and the tour, if she was being honest.

"This one was my mother's, I took if from her a few weeks ago," Margaery admitted, though not shamelessly. Caroline was just as bad as Nik and she felt no remorse about her actions. "Anyways, where would you like to visit first, Beverly love? We can either start by getting you situated in the Observatory or the Bunker or we could finish with that. The choice is yours."

[member=1497]Beverly Atkins.[/member]
© MADI

Re: YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN MY NORTH STAR | PRIVATE - Beverly Resurgam. - 07-15-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 450px; line-height: 100%; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 12px;"]★ — Tell me about the ring.

The question - not even a question, moreso a demand - rang in her ears. She could feel the answer just on the tip of her tongue, but the words were gone when she opened her mouth. What was there to tell her? Bev, in all honesty, had no real idea what significance the ring held. She remembered being given the ring at a very young age, but even then, it was eerily familiar. And now, to see the ring that Margaery wore, which heavily resembled her own... It gave her an almost uneasy feeling.

"Someone gave it to me when I was young," she started, her tone slightly nervous, despite telling the truth. "I don't really... remember who. But it was important to her, and for whatever reason, she wanted me to have it. Gave me some speech about honor and about family." The young girl wanted to ask who her mother was and why she felt the need to take something presumably important from her, but it felt like an invasion of privacy. Like overstepping a boundary.

When the conversation circled back to the tour, Beverly felt like she could breathe again. "We can start with the Observatory, I guess. I miss having a space of my own to stay in."

Re: YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN MY NORTH STAR | PRIVATE - Margaery - 07-15-2018

MARGAERY FOLIE-MIKAELSON
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
MAKE ME QUEEN OR
I'LL MAKE YOU BLEED
So someone had simply given it to her nicely paired with a speech concerning honor and family? How ironic! Margaery wanted to laugh, knowing there was no honor in the family that ring had come from. She held her tongue though, gaze steely as she studied Beverly. [b]"Well you see, love," The chocolate point finally responded, each word slow and deliberate as she contemplated how to best deliver her next statement, "That ring is a family treasure of mine. It either belongs to my father - though I know you don't have his - or one of my many uncles. Which is strange, but that's okay. I'd prefer you to have it anyways." Already, this girl seemed far better than her own troublesome family and as strange as it felt to admit it: she believed that the ring was in good hands.

"Alright then, to the Observatory we go. I spend a lot of time there- mainly with my wife and our children. If you prefer a room with windows though, we do have a bunker! It's quite useful, if I do say so myself. Follow me," Margaery urged easily, beginning to wander in the general direction of both the Observatory and the Bunker. She had rooms in both because, after one thousand years of life, she certainly possessed a lot belongings that one room simply could not contain. Whoops.
© MADI

Re: YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN MY NORTH STAR | PRIVATE - Beverly Resurgam. - 07-16-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 450px; line-height: 100%; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 12px;"]★ — Had Beverly known what she was supposed to about the family which the ring hailed from, she would've agreed fully. The Mikaelson family was and always would be riddled with hate and deceit. Perhaps that was why Emilia had fit so well into the family.

As the other spoke, an uneasy feeling settled over her and she shifted awkwardly, foggy memories returning of the woman who gave her the ring. "Yeah, it is strange..." she trailed off. At the comment about Marg's preference of her owning the ring over anyone else, the younger girl smiled. "Oh, thanks. Even if I don't know why I have it, I feel... an attachment to it. A few months back, I was being hosted by a group of loners, and when I left, I forgot the ring. I noticed immediately that I didn't have it with me, and I felt kinda lost." Now, Bev refused to even take it off while she slept.

Following suit, she pondered over which building she preferred to stay in. She didn't have a lot of belongings - not anymore, anyway. All of Emilia's things had been destroyed, save for her late husband's ring. "Who's your wife?" the short girl inquired, trying to make small talk, even if she wasn't that great at it. Besides, Beverly loved love, loved hearing people talk about it, longed to be in love.

Re: YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN MY NORTH STAR | PRIVATE - Margaery - 07-16-2018

MARGAERY FOLIE-MIKAELSON
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
MAKE ME QUEEN OR
I'LL MAKE YOU BLEED
Admittedly, Margaery was a bit surprised as Beverly revealed her attachment to the ring. To outsiders, it was nothing more than an almost gaudy piece of jewelry, holding little to no value both fiscally or sentimentally. It was the Mikaelsons that valued the daylight rings, wearing them, well, all the time. She hid her shock though, merely maintaining that smile as she desperately attempted to unravel this oh-so peculiar mystery. [b]"Well, it certainly looks pretty on you," Margaery finally decided, shrugging her shoulders, "Not many can pull it off." A laugh followed her words this time, her tense composure slipping.

She relaxed even further as Beverly asked about her wife, a seemingly gentler air surrounding her now. "Her name is Suiteheart and she's the deputy here. She's absolutely amazing and I've known her for a..." She paused, "Very long time. I'm sure you'll meet her soon enough! In a way, she's here with us now- we're bonded and can hear each other's thoughts and occasionally see through each other's eyes. It's a neat ability, honestly. Oh, it seems like we're at the Observatory!"
© MADI