Beasts of Beyond
GREEN BLIGHT [...] VANDAL ROUX - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Biographies (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: GREEN BLIGHT [...] VANDAL ROUX (/showthread.php?tid=3221)

Pages: 1 2

GREEN BLIGHT [...] VANDAL ROUX - VANDAL R. - 07-15-2018

GENERAL INFORMATION
maxine vandal roux | "vandal"
☾ 16 months old | resurrected july 16, 2018
☾ unknown zodiacs, unknown birthday
☾ the typhoon | privateer | loyal to her brother, pinch
☾ cis-female | homosexual homoromantic
pinterest moodboard | spotify playlist

BRIEF PERSONALITY
☾ gryffindor | horned serpent | candor, dauntless
- traits; opinionated, strong-willed, protective, rough, rogue-ish, impish, mischievous, blunt, no-filtered, sassy, can be a bit of a jerk if she wants to be, brave, cunning, ill-tempered, truthful, honest, snappy, quick to anger, volatile, defensive, mischievous, a troublemaker in disguise, highkey flirty
☾ warrior of the stormy seas | worships rán
☾ smells of sea-salt and mangoes | also smokes

PHYSICAL INFORMATION
☾ melanistic, mutated maned wolf | references here
☾ martial eagle front-legs, martial eagle wings (four)
☾ neon-green eyes, gills, mouth, tongue, and pawpads
☾ short-furred except for longer mane and cheek-fur
☾ permanent slit-shaped eyes | nictitating membrane
☾ shield knot tattoo on her chest | unknown origin
main fc: clara paget as anne bonny from black sails
- full description; vandal is a curious-looking thing indeed. while wearing the body of a melanistic maned wolf, her front legs have been mutated into that of a martial eagle's, armed with thick, wicked anisodactyl talons that are often decorated with a pair of titanium gauntlets. gills can be found on either side of her neck, just behind the jaw. from her back, two pairs of wide, martial eagle wings spread out and unfurl to a near 7-foot wingspan, certainly more than enough to carry her weight. her eyes, mouth, tongue, gills, and hind paw-pads glow a vivid neon-green, and she has a similarly-shaded tattoo in the shape of a shield knot on her chest.

INTERACTION
☾ medium physical difficulty, hard mental difficulty
☾ wields titanium talon gauntlets and a scimitar
☾ tag [member=1498]VANDAL R.[/member] and [member=1263]lexasperated[/member] when attacking
☾ affectionate or non-violent actions can be powerplayed

Re: GREEN BLIGHT [...] VANDAL ROUX - VANDAL R. - 07-18-2018

beautiful aesthetics courtesy of cheeters:
[Image: LF6jWcM.jpg]

Re: GREEN BLIGHT [...] VANDAL ROUX - VANDAL R. - 07-22-2018

HOGWARTS STUFF:

Vandal's Hogwarts House is Gryffindor!

I'm not too surprised by this, given that I've always seen Vandal as a mix of Gryffindor-bravery and Hufflepuff-loyalty. Others might say her bravery comes from the fact that her sheer stupidity is enough for her to do anything crazy, but when it all boils down to it, Vandal is willing to look over her own fear to put the things that she loves at the top of her priority list. She's already done so much before she even came back to ensure the protection of the ones she loves, and she's all too willing to do it over and over again if it means their continued safety.

Vandal's favorite location in the common room is, undoubtedly, near the fire place. If the couches are all full, she has no issues sitting on the floor, scratching the back of her neck as she tries to decipher what in the world her own handwriting is supposed to look like.

Vandal's Wand is made of Dogwood, 13" with a Phoenix Feather core and a Supple flexibility.

Dogwood wands are quirky and mischievous; they have playful natures and insist upon partners who can provide them with scope for excitement and fun. It would be quite wrong, however, to deduce from this that dogwood wands are not capable of serious magic when called upon to do so; they have been known to perform outstanding spells under difficult conditions, and when paired with a suitably clever and ingenious witch or wizard, can produce dazzling enchantments. An interesting foible of many dogwood wands is that they refuse to perform non-verbal spells and they are often rather noisy.

Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike. Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

Vandal's Patronus is a Mountain Hare!

I was actually really pleasantly surprised by this! Vandal, having such a big personality, receives a tiny lil Mountain Hare - it's so ironic and I love it, and I personally think Vandal would find the thought so funny that she'll laugh about it too.

Vandal's Ilvermorny House is Horned Serpent!

Now this one has me really on the ropes. I never thought Vandal would ever be in Horned Serpent given its affinity for scholars, so I'll have to really look into it and see why this is the House that chose her. Hell, I thought she'd have been put in Thunderbird or maybe even Wampus.

Re: GREEN BLIGHT [...] VANDAL ROUX - VANDAL R. - 07-30-2018

MANED WOLF BEHAVIORS:

attracted; sniffs the places where they've been, face/neck rubbing
playful; tail listed and still
aggression; raised hair, flattened ears, tense posture, constantly pacing, teeth bared, pawing at the ground + lowered head, flattened ears, tail tucked between legs

straddle marking; maned wolves have a special gland on their lower abdomen that releases their scent, so they attempt to straddle whatever they want to mark

nocturnal, mainly active during dawn and dusk
naps throughout the day
pounces like a fox, taps paws on the ground to flush prey out
does not work well with other maned wolves of the same sex

movements resemble more of a deer's due to long legs
tallest canid species to exist in modern times, taller than even a gray wolf
omnivorous (sugarcane, tubers, wolf apple)

vocalizations
growl; antagonistic behaviors
high-pitched whine; greeting
deep-throated bark (roar bark); after dusk, rare to hear - almost like a deeper raptor screech based on the videos

Re: GREEN BLIGHT [...] VANDAL ROUX - VANDAL R. - 07-30-2018

INVENTORY

a doodle made by goldie; it's framed and hanging on her bedroom wall
Spoiler:
a necklace given by goldie; she wears it everywhere since receiving it
Spoiler:
a blue-gray sweater given by jacob; she wears it whenever it's cold out, mainly during twilight

Re: GREEN BLIGHT [...] VANDAL ROUX - VANDAL R. - 07-31-2018

[align=center][table]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
WAIT FOR ME HEAVEN
(i'm here 'til i die)
[/td][/tr][/table]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et," dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.
VANDAL ROUX — THE TROUBLEMAKER — TYPHOON STRIKER — [color=#c4aac4]TAGS
© MADI

[align=center][table]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
WAIT FOR ME HEAVEN
(i'm here 'til i die)
[/td][/tr][/table]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et," dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.
VANDAL ROUX — THE TROUBLEMAKER — TYPHOON STRIKER — [color=#c6b6b8]TAGS
© MADI

[align=center][table]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
CAN THE KILLER IN ME
(tame the fire in you)
[/td][/tr][/table]

VANDAL ROUX — THE TROUBLEMAKER — TYPHOON STRIKER — [color=#c6b6b8]TAGS
© MADI

[align=center][table]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
WAIT FOR ME HEAVEN
(i'm here 'til i die)
[/td][/tr][/table]

VANDAL ROUX — THE TROUBLEMAKER — TYPHOON STRIKER — [color=#acb2a2]TAGS
© MADI

[align=center][table]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
WAIT FOR ME HEAVEN
(i'm here 'til i die)
[/td][/tr][/table]

© MADI

[align=center][table]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
WAIT FOR ME HEAVEN
(i'm here 'til i die)
[/td][/tr][/table]

© MADI

IMAGE DUMP
gifs:
static:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Re: GREEN BLIGHT [...] VANDAL ROUX - VANDAL R. - 08-02-2018

[table]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
CAN THE KILLER IN ME
(tame the fire in you)
[/td][/tr][/table]
I. HAPPINESS

The leather journal, unbound, sits on the desk with both covers spread wide apart. There are words, written in beautiful script, gold on browning parchment and glinting in the low lantern light. It's night time. You aren't sure why you're here, but the pages draw you in anyway - they almost shift and dance across the page with each cursive loop and intricate taper, handwriting far too disciplined for someone you know as reckless as Vandal... and yet there it stands before your eyes, a testament to secrets she withholds.

It reads:

❝ She was beautiful.

I laid eyes on her during introduction. Through the ranks of new souls meeting old, I saw her bathed in a glimmering sheen of oils and water and crisp lace forming loops at the back of her head, white bows so intricate as they weave in and out of her mane. Her eyes were unlike any flower I'd ever seen, so bright and yellow and filled with warmth that lit up even the darkest, coldest depths of Jotunheimr. I was young, so was she - barely ten moons old - but we knew something was there when our eyes first touched. She gasped, as had I, and in that collective intake breath we knew a part of ourselves reached out and took hold, intertwining into destinies we didn't know had already been laid out for us in the stars.

Aegroixe. My beautiful Aegroixe.

Beautiful in battle as she had been between sheets. We grew up side by side, two halves of a whole, and friendship soon grew to awkward affection, then tentative steps towards a relationship that would be both our cresting rise and our overwhelming downfall. It had been a rush, a rollercoaster ride of happiness and rivalry and love and nights spent either whispering in the darkness or panting in unashamed need and unabashed want - days spent picking flowers off of the Giantess' rippling lawn or caught in the heat of mock-battle with talon-gauntlets sparking against talon-gauntlets.

Aegroixe.

Aegroixe was everything to me. Mornings were spent staring silently into each other's eyes, lost in wandering gazes and secret smiles, evenings wasted away in butterfly kisses and playful nibbles, touching, feeling, reliving, falling, loving over and over again; it was a cycle I never wanted to deviate from, never thought I'd be forced to. Aegroixe, my dear, beloved Aegroixe saw me and nourished me and cherished me. In between my frequent lashings at disobedience, she healed me and nurtured me and wrapped herself around me to keep my trembling body still as I choked back sob after sob of pain and anguish and grief over my consequences - and my love for her had consequences too.

I will never forget that day.

I had woken up without her by my side; only the Mistress stared back at me with cold, cold eyes, telling me to get wear my gear and head to the Temple where I am to report to the Goddess herself, who had been personally overseeing my progress. I thought - I thought, perhaps, it would be a good day for me despite it starting without her. I thought it would lead to many good things. I sang when I bathed, sang when I dressed, sang when I clasped the golden gauntlets around my tarsus. I sang, I sang all the way to the Temple until I saw her on the other side of the Arena, shaking in cold, white metal armor.

"Prove yourself to me, Maxine Roux. Prove to me your worth to my cause."

I had refused - I had begged, belly to the ground, pleading for her mercy for I had once believed that she was a merciful god, a just god, a kind god. I had tears in my eyes, desperate and searing across my face as she grasped my jaw in her sharp grip and pulled me close, threw me back into the midst of the arena where I knew... I knew, picking myself up, that things would never be the same again.

"Kill her... kill her or you will have gone against your pact to me, and I will collect the life of your brother."

My life shattered before my eyes, for how is one supposed to choose between one heart and another? Brother and lover. Family and friend. No amount of begging, of pleading could save me from the decision I had to make - and so she did it for me. Aegroixe, my dear, my sweet, my brave little Aegroixe. I had proposed to her only the night before, and she wore the diamond anklet around her talon as she brandished her sword and told me to kill her in battle.

Aegroixe, why?

Why?

She was the first to attack, knowing that I would never make the first step - She was the first to land a blow across my chest in successive slashes, carving patterns into my skin until I bled the neon ichor of my kind. On and on, her blade bit into me, deeper and deeper until my vision was darkening at the fringes... until I heard her voice, whispered between the whistle of steel into flesh, timed with each strike so that I and only I may hear.

"My little vandal." Don't leave me.

"Your brother has a family now." Don't leave me!

"You have nieces, nephews - a big family, just like you always wished for." You're my family!

"I know - I know you wanted it with me - but here we are, and a choice must be made. I know you. I know your heart. I know who you choose and I accept, I accept my end." I can't do this without you, Aggie, please!

"You will find another. I know this. Don't be afraid. Don't be scared. I trust you. I trust you. Do you trust me?" Please.

"Go home, my little vandal. I love you. Go home to your family." Please don't let go.

I spread my wings and soared high, bringing her to the sky for one last moment of peace in the endless velvet night - I kissed her for the last time, holding her talon to her chest so that the anklet was pressed against her beating heart. Her mouth was warm and tingling next to mine, as it had the first time, as I knew it will the last time. Her tears tasted like the ocean, like home. Mine tasted the same too.

In that second, in that moment, we became complete...

and then we fell, plummeted back to the realm of the goddess where my blades finally sank into the thick of her neck. Her blood, crimson still, splashed against my wounds, my talons, my blades, my eyes, mixing with my tears until they tasted like rust on my tongue.

Aegroixe. My dear Aegroixe.

The love of my life.

She smiled as the light faded from her eyes, body twitching, stilling, growing cold under my grasp. I thought I felt her spirit then, filling me with the happiness and joy of our combined memories, seeping into the very core of my being and intertwining with me for one last time - she pulled, and pulled, and pulled so hard I felt like she would take my soul with me.

That's when I woke up in the bottom of the ocean. ❞

At the bottom corner of the page, there's a sketch of an anklet, wrought in golden leaves and set with diamonds and corals, struck and splattered with something you do not doubt is tear-stains. Below the sketch, there is one last entry:

❝ I'll be happy for you. ❞

[align=center]•

; written to the song killer + the sound by phoebe bridgers, feat. abby and noah gundersen; it is recommended to listen to the song in low volume while reading.
VANDAL ROUX — THE TROUBLEMAKER — TYPHOON STRIKER — [color=#ad9998]TAGS
© MADI

Re: GREEN BLIGHT [...] VANDAL ROUX - VANDAL R. - 08-03-2018