Beasts of Beyond
take me away from the strangest place. joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: take me away from the strangest place. joining (/showthread.php?tid=3140)

take me away from the strangest place. joining - Jenni - 07-14-2018

[div style="text-align: justify; width: 45%; font-family: arial; font-size: 11pt; letter-spacing: -1px;"][color=#D3917B]Well. There it was. The strange little dot that took forever, and a century to walk to. Jen really wasn't sure in the long run if this was a smart idea or not. Even if she had originially been dying to see where these tracks led, she sure didn't expect such a menacing vibe. Yeah, being the canine she was, and with the amount of curiosity she had. It wasn't much of a surprise just how interested she became of the lone island just across the bay. In retrospect, she'd thought it wouldn't be all that far, but those tracks took a solid hour and a half to walk. There was also no way in hell she'd run it, not unless she wanted to slip into the abyss called the ocean. No thank you. However, the daunting gate above, the cackling of seagulls, and the warning skull with 'TYPHOON' on it didn't seem so tempting either. I should probably just go back, go eat a burger left on the beach, or take a nap by the cova cova shack. It's not too late to just turn around now, even with a these scents - I doubt anyone will notice me leaving.  [align=left]

Re: take me away from the strangest place. joining - SOLVEIG - 07-14-2018

//Welcome to the Typhoon! C: JENNI SEEMS SO CUTE
//also, permission to have Solveig mind read Jenni a bit with telepathy?

Except one did. It was becoming a bit of a habit for Solveig to lurk around the railroad tracks that led into the island. After all, it was their only bridge in and out of the Typhoon, and such a thing had to be protected. Of course, Solveig wasn't dumb enough to be immediately out in the open. Instead, the pale snowshoe lay quietly amongst the shade of some nearby tropical trees, her head on her paws, and her eyes closed as if she were sleeping. Her chest rose and fell quietly with the wake of her own breathing, but the sound of idle footsteps nearby made an ear flicker up. Then, an eye opened slowly as she peered out across the small span of area between her and the bridge. Well, looky here, someone idling at the bridge. It was amusing, but their newcomer certainly was silent, wasn't she?

With a slow inhale in, Solveig drew herself back up to her paws. She was in no rush, certainly, masking whatever movements she could to say out of the line of sight as her paws began to drift, near silently stepping across the sand as she came in from Jenni's left side, her mind reaching out to speak through her telepathy before she could be seen. "Welcome to the Typhoon. May I help you?"
[align=center]Tags
[color=#BCA7BC][b]

Re: take me away from the strangest place. joining - bubblegum - 07-14-2018

[align=center]
[Image: tiny_pixel_goldie.png]
goldenluxury "goldie" roux — female — the typhoon — tags
goldie was walking nearby as well, having similar reasons as solveig to be here. she wanted to help keep her home safe and happy as much as she possibly could, and part of that meant walking around the territory to watch out for strangers. unlike solveig, though, she was unafraid to walk out in the open. most strangers that visited did not have any ill intents, so she hadn't gotten into any cautious habit of being around them. she was quite welcoming to them immediately, and so far it hasn't turned out bad, so she felt no need to change that.

she first spotted solveig, approaching the female slowly before turning to see what she was looking at. a stranger. the injured girl changed courses and instead struggled towards the canine, a curious expression on her tired features. "hey, what brings you to the typhoon?" she greeted, her voice casual. she gave a small smile in an effort to seem friendly, her legs shaking as she sat down.

Re: take me away from the strangest place. joining - Jenni - 07-14-2018

[div style="text-align: justify; width: 45%; font-family: arial; font-size: 11pt; letter-spacing: -1px;"][color=#D3917B]// thank you! & permission granted c:

Jen seriously was about to be on her way, her once swaying tail was now quivering with the urge to bolt. Unfortunately, it seemed she had been caught red pawed. A sudden voice, which practically sounded like it wa in her ear, questioned the blue female. 'Welcome to the Typhoon. May I help you?' All Jenni could utter was a surprised "Uhm.." Then the familiar grating of sand as someone walked over it made her lips draw back in a nervous frown. Even if the words seemed friendly, and the approaching intruder was certainly not intimidating - her fretful instincts had never failed her to this day, even if it did get her into pickles like these sometimes. This place had an eerie vibe to it, and she wasn't so certain about introducing herself to it. Her mind changed, when another approached. So far she'd probably proven herself dead rude for not replying to the first strangers question. Cautiously she answered them, soft ceruleans trained on the two with uncertainty. Speaking to both of them with a barely steady voice. "Sorry, I really didn't know one of the groups lived out here. I was mostly just curious to see what was out on this island." I didn't expect to smell an entire mass of individuals, I really thought this place would be desolate! Wait.... They didn't move their mouth earlier. A little shock of surprise riddled up the pitts back, making the tiny hairs on her spine stand. Jenni gave Solveig the most dumbfounded look she'd ever mustered. "N-Not to be rude, but how did you just talk to me without actually moving your mouth?" It hadn't been jibberish either, it was full, coherent, sentences.  [align=left]

Re: take me away from the strangest place. joining - SOLVEIG - 07-14-2018

Solveig shifted her gaze alone as someone began to approach at her side, but upon seeing that it was only little miss Goldie, the snowshoe was quick to turn slightly and stretch her paws forward as she lowered herself in a brief bow to the girl. After all, Pincher's daughter. She was quick to rise again however, even as she gathered her paws beneath herself to sit delicately on the sand, the soft smile that always seemed to linger on her face only rising at the words that flowed through Jenni's head and her stuttered words. Sitting patiently as the girl slowly made it through her sentence, she dipped her head softly in acknowledgment. "I do apologize this place is not as desolate as you might have thought," Solveig began idly, stretching her telepathy a little further to include Goldie in on the conversation, her words idle and calm despite the fact she had linked herself into Jenni's mind. "And you are correct, miss..." she paused a moment, the words lingering off as she allowed Jenni to fill the blank before she continued on, "I speak through the minds of others. My own mind is strong enough to... link to others, if you would. Whispering into their heads. It is what I am most comfortable with, if that is alright with you, ma'am," the voice continued sweetly, softly as there was no hint of mallice in those gentle words.

Of course, Solveig would much appreciate if Jenni agreed to allow her to continue to use her telepathy, but she'd be somewhat willing (at least on the outside) to be considerate on the matter. "All the individuals you discern here on the island are the Pirates of the Typhoon," she continued on in explanation, dipping her head towards Goldie briefly. "Captain Pincher leads us- this is his daughter. I am one of the members here. If you are curious, perhaps we can answer some of the questions you have about the island?"

[align=center]Tags
[color=#BCA7BC][b]