Beasts of Beyond
SAT BY THE WATER, CLOSE TO THE EMBERS ★ o, cooking - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: SAT BY THE WATER, CLOSE TO THE EMBERS ★ o, cooking (/showthread.php?tid=3004)

Pages: 1 2

SAT BY THE WATER, CLOSE TO THE EMBERS ★ o, cooking - ★ HAZEL - 07-12-2018

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[align=center]hazel elise caelum . nine months . the ascendants . golden girl . tags

ooc not a human au

Recently, Hazel had discovered a small treasure that she’d forgotten. The circumstances in which she found it were...depressing, as she had been cleaning out a drawer to shove all of her broken art materials in. She couldn’t bring herself to get rid of them, even if she’d ripped her charcoal sketches — save for one — into bits and pieces.

Regardless, the cookbook Hazel stumbled across was a gift from Margaery. The worn pages were filled with old recipes from Caroline. It was a little distressing, knowing that Margy had given her a book full of things she couldn’t eat. Nevertheless, Hazel had taken the book to Bastille a couple weeks ago, and he’d helped her translate the recipes into Latin, which she’d penned in on sticky notes.

Her last time in the kitchen was a bit of a fiasco; she’d made a mess just trying to bake cookies. Flour and sugar were everywhere and the dishes in the sink were a mile high. This time, however, was easier. She’d recruited Arion’s help, knowing that the oven would be tricky to work with and the fridge door heavier than she could handle. Earlier, she had tied strings around most of the kitchen knobs and handles and attached objects on the other end to make opening things easier, so Arion’s assistance wasn’t needed for everything. He’d demanded carrots the entire time, but Hazel was willing to work with his price.

At the end of the day, she’d managed to produce a nice batch of lemon bars. She’d been eager to try the recipe the moment they’d translated it, even if Titanium had been insisting that it would end up horribly. As it mattered, they’d turned out quite well, and mii was throwing feline taste rules out the window, anyway.

“Hey, everyone! I made something — and yes, these turned out much better than the cookies.” The girl called out. Her exhaustion might be returning, but she had felt the nagging urge to do something productive before she went out of her mind. The result? Lemon bars.
[sup]c) miithers[/sup]

Re: SAT BY THE WATER, CLOSE TO THE EMBERS ★ o, cooking - Suiteheart - 07-12-2018

SUITE
HEART
The cookie incident had been an interesting one. Hazel had tried to make cookies (chocolate chip and sugar, if she remembered correctly), and it was a good attempt. While the taste was there, each sweet treat was slightly burnt - not that Suiteheart could really complain; she was just pleased to be getting something nice! She admired Haze's trial run. After all, hadn't it been the first time she had ever made cookies? She wasn't sure, but she was still proud of her golden girl.

After a long day of early patrols and meeting newcomers, she was weary. She knew she needed a bit of rest, but she couldn't sit still long enough to accomplish the task of sleeping. Suite had been go-go-going since her return. She had been practically buzzing when she stepped foot back home, but now, she was beginning to fizzle out. The white feline would probably crash soon, but that would be okay. She could deal with problem whenever it arrived.

She did, however, momentarily forget about her sleepiness when she scented lemon. Lemon was one of her favorite fruit flavors. She liked the slight sour notes it lent to desserts and other foods - and she especially liked lemonade. She had been wandering towards the smell when she heard Hazel call out, and a smile wrapped its way around her lips.

"I need one," the newly-made vampire pleaded, not quite knowing that her digestive system wouldn't be able to handle it. Not that she would care if she knew. "These smell so good, Haze!"

[b]suiteheart folie-mikaelson . ecliptic admiral . the ascendants . tags
© [color=black]MADI

Re: SAT BY THE WATER, CLOSE TO THE EMBERS ★ o, cooking - trojan g. - 07-13-2018

do you believe you could change me? the way i changed you.

The scent of baked goods had always made Roman's mouth water, and this was no exception. He hadn't had any in a very long time, so when he smelled lemon and heard the call of someone mentioning food that was "better than last time" he had to go check it out. Although he was surprised to see that it was Hazel - he had already seen Bastille who wasn't actually Bastille and he could only assume it was the same with Hazel - he still pad forward, a friendly smile on his face as he did so, head dipping slightly as he did so. "Hope you don't mind if I try one." He would speak, eyes lighting up slightly.

Re: SAT BY THE WATER, CLOSE TO THE EMBERS ★ o, cooking - Luciferr - 07-13-2018

[align=center]
And the sky was littered
with the corpses of stars,

it had been awhile since Anzarel had had anything sweet or considered a treat - what with the end days of the war providing little for comfort and more for fast nutrition with little reward - so he was curious of the smell of baking goods as much as anyone else might be.

Ah, two he did not know - though he recognised Suiteheart, newly vampiric as she was - The giant feline merely inclined his head to the baker herself "ah my lady, these smell enticing, I would hope that I could trouble you for one?" a pause before he added with a slight smile "ah, my name is Anzarel" realising she likely wouldn't know him.

[sub]ASCENDANTS - OBSERVER - TAGS - EXTREME - HELLION REF (9FT)[W]isker[/sub]

Re: SAT BY THE WATER, CLOSE TO THE EMBERS ★ o, cooking - Margaery - 07-13-2018

MARGAERY FOLIE-MIKAELSON
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
MAKE ME QUEEN OR
I'LL MAKE YOU BLEED
As Margaery wandered towards the trio, the only thing she could think about was how she could no longer live vicariously through her wife eating normal food. Vampirism was a cruel mistress and restricted her diet to feline blood and alcohol, leaving her no room to even contemplate eating a lemon bar. And oh did those lemon bars look delicious. She wondered, briefly, if Hazel had pulled the recipe out of one of Caroline's old cookbooks. It'd make sense, her mother did have an affinity towards making pastries, that was for sure. Still, it pained her greatly that she couldn't help herself to one and then proceed to compliment Haze on a job well done.

Hearing Suite's words, her expression fell. [b]"Mea vita," She began softly, "You can't." It crushed Margaery to have to be telling her wife that, but ingesting even a tiny bite could prove to be Suite's end and she simply could not have that. Fixating her attention back upon Hazel, she tried out another smile, though this one was noticeably sadder.

"They smell lovely, Haze."
© MADI

Re: SAT BY THE WATER, CLOSE TO THE EMBERS ★ o, cooking - ★ HAZEL - 07-13-2018

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[align=center]hazel elise caelum . nine months . the ascendants . golden girl . tags

Hazel made a quiet sound of distress as Suiteheart came bounding up, looking much like Hazel felt these days. She’d forgotten that Suite was now a newly turned vampire — in other words, someone incapable of eating regular food. It was ridiculous, how that rule worked, and she’d already witnessed it wreck Margaery. She wasn’t ready to see Suite ashen-faced and glassy-eyed, bloodthirsty and scared of hurting everyone. It would be the whole polar bear fiasco all over again.

“Thank you, Suite.” Hazel purred, watching her sadly. “But you can’t have one. You can’t eat this kind of food anymore, remember?” She reminded her friend. She was shifting out of reach of the white feline when Roman approached, distracting her from Suite. She’d remembered his name best out of perhaps all the joiners she’d met, having liked his the best. Idly, she wondered if he’d speak Latin, too. “Of course not.” Hazel smiled, extending the plate to him. “I certainly can’t eat them all on my own.”

Then Arion was there, hooves clopping eagerly against the earth as Hazel set the plate of lemon bars on the ground. He shoved his head at them, eager to steal a treat. Hazel yelped and lunged, placing herself between his mouth and the dessert. “Arion, no!” She whined, taking a swipe at his muzzle. “Every time.” She complained. “How many times are we going to play this game? Just because you helped make it doesn’t mean you get one.” And wow, that sounded less harsh in her brain. “Figures,” Titanium drawled, “you only have the balls to stand up to your pony.” Hazel sighed at that, shooing Arion away with an experienced paw.

Luckily, Anzarel saved her from a depressing spiral into self-deprecation. Hazel looked up, admittedly unable to recognize the giant feline. He was enormous, though — with an ancient look about him. She flushed when he addressed her as “my lady,” happy with the respect she found in his voice. It felt a lot like praise, she found. “You’re welcome to them, sir. I made them to share.” She responded, waiting for a name to call him by even if she felt like “sir” might be more appropriate than any name. When presented with it, she dipped her head. “Pleasure to meet you, Anzarel. I’m Hazel.”

Hazel crumpled a little more when Margy appeared next to Suite, reiterating the hands-off policy on food. “Sorry,” The girl apologized a little miserably. She’d make something with feline blood if she wasn’t so...squeamish about it. “I hope I made them the way your mother did,” She said quietly, knowing Caroline was a very sensitive topic with Margy. “I, uh — it’s a recipe from her cookbook. That you gave me.” Wow, this was going smoothly. “A while a go.”
[sup]c) miithers[/sup]

Re: SAT BY THE WATER, CLOSE TO THE EMBERS ★ o, cooking - BASTILLEPAW - 07-13-2018

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
SING, GODDESS, OF THE RAGE OF ACHILLES
Bastille could feel the happy hum and contentment filtering through the bond, but he had managed to keep his distance, for now. As accustomed he was getting to following the tug of the bond, letting that golden lasso drag him to the radiant girl, he was making a conscious effort to catch himself sometimes. He feel it pulling on him and to hold back, to give her space, to pretend that she hadn't sunk her claws into him. He wasn't sure what he would do if she ever found out, but following her around like a damn puppy probably wasn't helping his case.

Eventually, however, he found himself venturing towards the source of that subtle pull. He found Hazel at the end of the rope, of course, and his gaze passed over her once before he turned his attention to the others. "Hey," he drawled, idly, before adding, "Let me know that they aren't poisonous." A hint of a smirk, as he tossed a glance towards Hazel once more, clearly playing.
[b]BASTILLEPRISONER AURELIUS — ASTRAL SERAPH — THE ASCENDANTS — TAGS

Re: SAT BY THE WATER, CLOSE TO THE EMBERS ★ o, cooking - Suiteheart - 07-14-2018

SUITE
HEART
The white feline waved a grand hello to Roman and Anzarel as they entered, her attention momentarily stolen away from the lemon bars. She was reaching for one when Margaery arrived, warning her against the sweet treat. A tight frown grabbed hold of her lips, but her wife's words did nothing to stop her. Suiteheart immediately snatched a lemon bar and then proceeded to take a large bite out of it.

Impulse control? Sorry, Suiteheart Folie-Mikaelson didn't know anything about that.

"Sorry, babe. I had to," the vampiress explained as she took another bite of the treat. It tasted just as good as it smelled. She grinned widly. Maybe it was just Margy that couldn't handle normal foods. Oh, wishful thinking... "Haze! These taste so fucking good!" If Suite was a sucker for one thing, it was sweets. Margaery had made sure of that when they first began dating.

"Roman, Anz, Bast," she said, after finishing off the lemon bar, "you guys are gonna love 'em." So far, so good. Maybe it was all in Margaery's head...

[b]suiteheart folie-mikaelson . ecliptic admiral . the ascendants . tags
© [color=black]MADI

Re: SAT BY THE WATER, CLOSE TO THE EMBERS ★ o, cooking - ★ HAZEL - 07-16-2018

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Hazel glanced up at Bastille as he approached, readying herself for something dragging and energy draining from his side of the bond. But...surprisingly? Nothing. Just a muted return of contentment and bemusement. It actually eased Hazel’s nerves, seeing that stupid smirk. It reminded her that everything could be alright, that they could pretend things were fine. And sure — she could act. She could play that part.

She stuck her tongue out at him, knowing exactly what he was referring to. “Excuse you,” Hazel chided. “These are much better than the cookies.” Suddenly there was a stirring at the base of her skull, and — oh, here it came. “Tell him we saved all the poison ones for him ‘cause he’s so special, Haze.” Tin yawned, leering even in her sleepy state. Hazel ignored her.

She flushed bright pink as Suite complimented her baking, pleased to hear that someone enjoyed it. “Thank you, Suite.” She purred.
[sup]c) miithers[/sup]

Re: SAT BY THE WATER, CLOSE TO THE EMBERS ★ o, cooking - Luciferr - 07-20-2018

[align=center]
Moondust in your lungs, Stars in your eyes,
You are a child of the cosmos, a ruler of the skies

Hazel? a lovely name! the ancient deity smiled and took a lemon bar - Suite confirming his thughts on that they would be good - and smiled at the now identified Hazel "My thanks" before taking a bite.

delicious indeed! and a pleased hum left the ascendants maw and he inclined his head "Indeed a fine chef you are - these are a delight"

[sub]ASCENDANTS - OBSERVER - TAGS - EXTREME - HELLION REF (9FT)[W]isker[/sub]