Beasts of Beyond
Clanwide Discussion - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+----- Forum: Uncharted OOC (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+----- Thread: Clanwide Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=2742)

Clanwide Discussion - MysteriouslyMaple - 07-06-2018

Hey guys! So continuing off of Velli's discussion thread here, I'm taking suggestions/ideas for Snowbound!

I have a group chat started on our discord, however you're not required to join to put your input! What we thought of so far is:
- Getting rid of the religion entirely, though we're not going to tie an event to it since Snowbound didn't actively practice it/Atbash doesn't really believe in it so it wouldn't make sense for the ancestors to talk to her.
    - Since the titles go along with the ancestors, I'll be changing the names of them, but I plan on still keeping the pendants that go along with them since they're kinda cute! They just won't be tied into any ancestor/religion. I'll also probably shorten the list a bit, or try to combine them. This was mostly going to be an IC discussion between the s/HPs, but feel free to post your ideas if you have any!
- We're might go along with a Sweden-inspired territory/culture! I'm gonna try and do research to help make Snowbound as accurate as possible, but feel free to post ideas if you've got any! From the tiny bit of research I did last night, Sweden seems to admire nature a lot, just like Snowbound had originally planned to be.
    - Adding on to that, I was thinking of a small tradition/mini "belief", though not exactly a religion, where Snowbounders often visit the lake at night and stargaze and talk about things to relax. Maybe there can be a set of superstitions that Snowbounders start to believe, like there being aliens (since Atbash isn't from this universe), or the superstition of wendigos
    - Ranks will probably change to fit more into Sweden's culture, although I wasn't thinking of the ideas Velli had since those names might be a bit complicated/too hard to understand. Here's what I have so far:
    > Chief = Hailcaller
    > Snowseeker = (stays the same)
    > Frosthealer = (stays the same)
    > Tenderfoot = Merges with Flurryhost and Lionheart to become Polar/Flurryheart
    > Arcticplayer = (stays the same)
    > Flurryhost = Merges with Tenderfoot and Lionheart to become Polar/Flurryheart
    > Snowstriker = Icestriker
    > Lionheart = Merges with Tenderfoot and Flurryhost to become Polar/Flurryheart
    > Polar/Flurryheart = A new sHP that combines Tenderfoots, Lionhearts, and Flurryhosts. This will be a stepping stone rank, and if your character is promoted, they can choose to become a Frosthealer/Arcticplayer/Icestriker. The reason I have it listed as Polar/Flurry is because I like the idea of both names, however I was wondering if we should have it as Polar- or Flurry-, and I'll go with everyone else thinks is better!
    > Warrior(s) = Eaglehunters
    > Padfoots = (stays the same)
    > Thunderhearts = (stays the same)
    > Elkhearts = (stays the same)
- Maybe a tradition surrounding the winter solstice, basically a giant festival or something??
- If we're going along with the Sweden theme, Swedes are very patriotic, so I was thinking of many having something at the end of the month to celebrate joiners and Snowbound in general and/or a 4th of July-type celebration on the day Snowbound was founded

Re: Clanwide Discussion - arcy - 07-06-2018

[align=center][div style="0px; width:400px; height:auto; text-align: justify; font-size: 8pt; line-height:13px;"]tracking bc ive already spammed the discord w ideas lol

Re: Clanwide Discussion - MysteriouslyMaple - 07-06-2018

So we discussed a bit more on discord, and here's what we've come up for ranks!

> Chief = Hailcaller
> Snowseeker = (stays the same)
> Frosthealer = (stays the same)
> Tenderfoot = Merges with Flurryhost and Lionheart to become Polar/Flurryheart
> Arcticplayer = (stays the same)
> Flurryhost = Merges with Tenderfoot and Lionheart to become Polar/Flurryheart
> Snowstriker = Icestriker
> Lionheart = Merges with Tenderfoot and Flurryhost to become Polar/Flurryheart
> Polar/Flurryheart = A new sHP that combines Tenderfoots, Lionhearts, and Flurryhosts. This will be a stepping stone rank, and if your character is promoted, they can choose to become a Frosthealer/Arcticplayer/Icestriker. The reason I have it listed as Polar/Flurry is because I like the idea of both names, however I was wondering if we should have it as Polar- or Flurry-, and I'll go with everyone else thinks is better!
> Warrior(s) = Eaglehunters
> Padfoots = (stays the same)
> Thunderhearts = (stays the same)
> Elkhearts = (stays the same)

Also, the reason we decided on changing Snowstriker to Icestriker is so the rank won't get confused with Snowseeker. We decided on changing Warriors and Chief to have a suffix and a prefix is so it has continuity with the other ranks.

Re: Clanwide Discussion - MysteriouslyMaple - 07-07-2018

Update!
Although Snowbound won't be believing in a specific religion, we came up with some superstitions that the group can believe in if they want to (though it's not mandatory), inspired by these native american legends!

> Wendigo - A man-eating monster, believed to have formed from evil spirits, such as people consumed by greed (also called Widjigo if we want to go with that route!)
> Bi-bon - A spirit believed to control and influence winter
> Misigniebig - A big horned serpent that lives in lakes, believed to eat humans

I was thinking that maybe Snowbound goes to the lake as a group to relax and shared scary stories, prompting these superstitions that the group can believe in for fun! After that, this can be turned into a tradition that happens towards the end of the night, where they and allies get together by the lake and converse with one another, kind of like a mini-gathering!

Credit to [member=62]arcy[/member] /izuku for this idea!!

Re: Clanwide Discussion - galexiux - 07-08-2018

trace. i joined the discord so i can discuss as ideas come up