Beasts of Beyond
TRUE COLOURS | p, Argus - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Neutral Grounds (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Forum: Private Rendezvous (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: TRUE COLOURS | p, Argus (/showthread.php?tid=2639)

TRUE COLOURS | p, Argus - Luciferr - 07-03-2018

[align=center]
You will always be a monster, there is no turning back from it.
But what type of monster you become is entirely up to you -

it was the same evening just after he'd joined, the sun long since set now and Lucifer had returned to the rich he so sat upon - and had landed upon when he had come back - waiting quietly and patiently with the long earned solemn dignity and quiet sadness one of his many years seemed to hold.

She'd not come out when he'd rejoined - he didn't rebuke her for it, but he'd sent a wordless greeting, affection for his daughter - and she was, in-law or no.

He'd meant what he'd said despite all the blood between, and perceived grievances and hurts,

He would always be there for his family - yes, that meant her.

He sighed quietly, claws clicking as they rested against the stone and he watched the waves - slight disquiet in that they seemed further back than normal - an ill omen.

A soft sound caught his ears and he shifted, red eye - always staring, never blinking, eerie, a mark of a thing he could never call father he hated - glancing back.

"evening"

[member=218]ARGUS[/member] short starter, apologies :0

[sub]TYPHOON - RANK - TAGS - EXTREME - DRAGON REF - HELLION REF (7FT)[W]isker[/sub]

Re: TRUE COLOURS | p, Argus - ARGUS - 07-04-2018

[align=center]

DOES THE BLANK STARE-
SCARE YOU MORE THAN THE FROWN?
[div style="background-color:#BG COLOR;width:90%; overflow: stretch;text-align: justify; font-size: 8pt;color: #E0EEEE;"] Argus was different than the people she used to be- she needed to be or there would be no distinction- without it she would have no will to stand upon and resist the pull of Zactov's murmurs- of Obscuro's rage. She was not the broken little pup trying to find her family, she was not Obscuro- attempting to build one out of spite- or Zactov trying to push it all away. Argus was Observant, she knew what she needed- what she wanted. And Family was one of them. Connection to others was needed. Not only to remind her of who she was but to remind her why.

Why Whisper, Obscuro and Zactov all failed. Why she couldn't- why exactly- Why?

Last time Lucifer had surfaced within the typhoon- Argus had ultimately been forgiven. For the first time Argus could look at it and see. See the way she was created to- apathetically. And realize there was nothing she could do to have changed it- there was nothing she could do now but attempt to ease Obscuro's guilt within themselves and Lucifer's own memory of it all the same. They could attempt to fix a family bond- probably the only one left that Argus had.

Of course there was fenrisulfur within the tanglewood- But Whisper was there too and they seemed happy enough left alone. But it was still saddening to realize how few there were now where once there were many- a legion of ghost left to occupy the living- haunting both their memories alike.

"Welcome back home, Luce." It still felt wrong to call him something other than his name- and she was unsure if she could ever stand to call the Grimm father in the way he was attempting to be to her. They were too alike- too similar for her to see him as anything but an equal now.  She thought it better this way- even if they had a long way to go to patch up the hurt. Lost to their own demons.- Better than a comparison to the cocky wolf that had first been gifted that title when she was little. There was no comparison between the two.

One was just a distant stain of a memory. The other was looming- threatehing- protective and someone she learned to respect While the other only taught her reasons why she should never leave.

with time, she wondered if those lines would blur

Because in the end her voice still had a stiffness that Argus could not equate for- an emotion that Argus could not explain. - In the end she had opened herself in a way that she never had any living person in a long while- and he still left. Proved himself to do the same thing that they all did. It was selfish of her to hold onto- petty to do so. But he left and she thought he had left for good again- left only to surface when she had more sins to commit to- more hurt and-

it hurt.

"How was your trip?"
/no worries! c:
[W]isker

Re: TRUE COLOURS | p, Argus - Luciferr - 07-11-2018

[align=center]
You will always be a monster, there is no turning back from it.
But what type of monster you become is entirely up to you -

if there was one thing he regretted when he'd up and left, it was leaving without warning - and most especially leaving Argus behind, who he was sure would have understood if he had only taken the time to explain - and mistakenly he had not.

in truth, Lucifer had done something he had nt done in so long a time - panic.

panic because his second son was back and he did not know how - he'd been panicking and fretful, aiming to find the war ascendant as quickly as possible.

after all,

the last time Lucifer had seen fenrisulfr before his own rebirth here - it had been the sight of his son resigned as he smashed the ground from underneath he and the hordes he'd been occupying, all in the name to give them time to end the sources of all their tragedies.

for as long as he lived he did not think He would forget that sight - nor the sheer panic even as he fruitlessly had attempted to close the distance,

Fenris, his second son, his little dark sun was already gone by the time he'd reached that last sight - gone to the gaping void below,

dead,

and he had never forgiven himself that he had not taken his place at that time - amidst the anguished shrieks of himself and his other children.

Lucifer blinked away the memories, heaving a shaky breath as he looked back to Argus from where he'd been staring off into the distance and simply sighed tiredly.

"I found my son, I'd say that was result enough considering I had thought I would never see him again" there was silence for a moment before he continued "I had thought, that mayhaps others would appear if I lingered long enough in other clans" his smile was slightly bittersweet as he explained "but no, only my son it seems"

he shifted, great wings shuffling "But one is better than none - and I am sorry Argus, for not explaining myself before I vanished" he did not begrudge her title of address, he was long used to the use of his name more than family titles in these ages.

he snorted idly "I may have panicked about the sudden reappearance of family i thought dead" he mused, eyes shuttered "-and I had to be sure" sure that it was Fenris that had returned also - and not something else parading the corpse of his son around.

he shook his head, shifting his attention away from such troubles and back to his daughter in law "But tell me, how have you fared here? I see you've climbed the ranks, ever diligent as you are" something of a pride to that last statement, he was always proud of his children, in-laws and slightly estranged or not.

/pre Anzarel comin here |D
[sub]TYPHOON - RANK - TAGS - EXTREME - DRAGON REF - FACE REF[W]isker[/sub]