Beasts of Beyond
EAT THAT UP IT'S GOOD FOR YOU / o, singing - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: EAT THAT UP IT'S GOOD FOR YOU / o, singing (/showthread.php?tid=2536)

EAT THAT UP IT'S GOOD FOR YOU / o, singing - bubblegum - 06-29-2018

[align=center]
[Image: tiny_pixel_goldie.png]
goldenluxury "goldie" roux — female — the typhoon — tags
//she is singing eat that up, it's good for you by two door cinema club - all of the dialogue in this is just her singing the lyrics if you just wanna skim through lol

the girl's weekly task had been to sing a song for everyone. that seemed like a very pleasant thing to do. give everyone a nice little show. she was honestly surprised caesar gave it to her. she had a lot of ideas over what she could sing in her head, trying to aim for a happy song, and ultimately decided on this one. she felt pretty nervous, unsure of how to go about starting it. she had just taken some medicine, so at least her head pains were not currently bothering her, though her eyes were tired as she couldn't really hide that. she hoped her crewmates would like it.

"well you would look a little better, don't you know if you just wore less make-uuup." she began quickly and a bit faintly, slowing as she got to the end and holding the notes where they were supposed to be held. she had practiced before, but she could already tell she needed to be a bit louder. she waited, breathing softly before going to the next line. "but it's hard to realize when you're sky high fighting off the spaceshiiips." that was better. she gave a small smile, closing her eyes.

"and so you're drinking in your room, to make it all go-it didn't end too soon, you've got the next one. you're holding on too long, you've gotta let go-your other love is gone and you knooow." she picked up speed a little here, since that's how the song went, slowing slightly towards the end. she took in another small breath before continuing. "it's too late. it's too late, you've got another one coming and it's gonna be the same. it's too late. it's too late, you've got another one coming and it's gonna be the same." she tried to replicate the song pretty well, and she was actually quite gifted at singing. she had practiced beforehand, which helped, and her voice was strong and able to hit notes as she needed.

"i tried to find a quiet place that we could go to help you maake de-ci-sions," she took in another quiet breath, this one a bit bigger than the last she the next portion went on a bit longer. "but i didn't find it easy to tell them apart with double visio-o-on. and so you're drinking in your room, to make it all go-it didn't end too soon, you've got the next one. you're holding on too long, you've gotta let go-your other love is gone and you knooow."

"it's too late. it's too late, you've got another one coming and it's gonna be the same. it's too late. it's too late, you've got another one coming and it's gonna be the same. it's too late. it's too late, you've got another one coming and it's gonna be the same. it's too late. it's too late, you've got another one coming and it's gonna be the-" she let herself breathe again, as there was a longer pause between this section and the very last one. her voice had grown quite confident and comfortable by now, and she let herself relax into the lyrics. she hoped the others were liking it. she breathed in quite a bit before beginning the last part, knowing it was faster and a bit louder.

"it's not the same, it's not the same, it's not the same you're gonna tell me that i'm right-you know you're gonna come back down, find yourself where you are agaaaain...you didn't know, you didn't know, you didn't know so don't pretend you saw it now-it's not something you'd want to happen. now you know who you are agaaaain!" she paused, breathing in once more for the last few lyrics, as they were a bit quieter and slower. "it's not the same, it's not the same, it's not the same. you're gonna tell me that i'm right. you know you're gonna come back down. find yourself where you are again..."

and with that, she had sung the song. she opened her eyes and looked around, a little shaky, hoping her crewmates liked it.

Re: EAT THAT UP IT'S GOOD FOR YOU / o, singing - coldblue - 06-30-2018

[align=center]
As soon as Goldenluxury completes her song, the "crowd" bursts into applause. And by the "crowd," it's mostly just Coldblue obnoxiously clapping like some stuck-up noble at the derby. He wears a lazy smile, however; the expression lifting more on the right side, making it appear a little lopsided. "You're not half-bad, Sister," he drawls. Blue voice is lazed, as if he only just rolled out of bed. But those brilliant baby blues gleam with pride—he might be playing it cool, but the young savannah loves his sibling more than he is willing to admit. Goldie is the main, and perhaps the only, reason that Coldblue stays in the Typhoon. He is growing tired of this place and the people, but he cannot bring himself to leave his sister. "I wonder which parent you inherited the singing voice from?" muses the child, wondering if Pincher can even carry a tune. That would be surprising.