Beasts of Beyond
back from the dead — o, checking the walls - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: back from the dead — o, checking the walls (/showthread.php?tid=2471)

back from the dead — o, checking the walls - guts - 06-27-2018

His task had been to check on the walls around the village, so that morning he had set out to do just that. Or, afternoon, since he had slept all morning. Anyways, what mattered now was that he was going to do it. When he reaches one of the walls, it's obvious that it's in need of repairs. First though, he'd check out the rest of the walls. Then he could start on fixing them.

Of course, they were in the same state, crumbling and covered in moss. Aizawa wasn't sure where to start, so he starts with collecting some stones to replace the old, then starts looking for something to keep them together.

//low muse rip, have this crappy post

"SPEECH"
⚝⚝⚝
tags

Re: back from the dead — o, checking the walls - ATBASH CIPHER. - 06-27-2018

ATBASH CIPHER
how could you just walk away and leave me here?
Atbash had heard Jacob give Aizawa his task before she left and she decided that it was probably best if she helped him. Especially considering his health lately. Even if she was a tad bit shaky with what happened with her, she was getting better and therefore should be getting out of her den more, even if she was a bit worried about Caesar popping out at her. She knew she had her groupmates at her side now, and they wouldn't dare let him do anything.

"Heya, Aizawa." Atbash greeted as she came over to the tunnels, a small smile plastered on her face. "Need some help?" She offered, tilting her head at him.
bio | female | arcticplayer [hp] of snowbound
© madi

Re: back from the dead — o, checking the walls - jacob w.c. - 06-30-2018

THE BLUE AND GREEN BELOW IS A MASTERPIECE — While Jacob was happy to leave behind the infected tunnels and come to their new home, he had to admit there were some things that weren't quite finished. When the humans moved in, they started repairing a lot of the old cabins but they hadn't got all the way through before Snowbound and Typhoon had invaded and chased them out. Of course, after all the damage they'd done, they certainly had a right to come in and use their land as they saw fit but there was a part of him that almost wished he'd have waited just a couple more weeks for some of their projects to be complete. There was also a part of him that told himself if he'd been in Typhoon when Pincher's wounds had reopened, he would've been able to save him. If he had found him bleeding out, Jacob would never have lost him for a whole week. Still, he knew it was useless to dwell on it all seeing he couldn't change any of it and it was better to focus on the repairs moving forward. 

That was part of the reason he'd asked Aizawa to check the walls. He genuinely believed that, if properly taken care of, they could be a nice asset to Snowbound's new home. Of course, nothing would be as protected as the old tunnels but with the move they'd had to give up things to gain other things. For example, there was no infected prey here that would try to eat them. However, it certainly couldn't be as protected from potential invaders as easily. There were only two entrances that could be guarded in the past but now they had a whole range of land that could be walked in on. The walls would help narrow that space a little as long as they were tall enough. While there were creatures like dragons running about, they weren't the majority and it'd make Jacob feel better if not just anything could get over their walls. It would make this new setup a little easier to manage after being in the tunnels for so long. With all of this on his mind, he approached Atbash and Aizawa with a light smile. He knew he wouldn't be able to do any heavy lifting because of the state of his legs but perhaps he could help with other things. "What do ya' think we could use ta' keep all the stones together? If we ain't sure, I could try lookin' in some ah' my books. I feel like I remember seein' somethin' like tha' once," the canine asked, looking over the fallen rocks and dilapidated wall. — BUT YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL LIKE I'VE NEVER SEEN

"SPEECH"