Beasts of Beyond
foreign shows || meeting - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Human Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: foreign shows || meeting (/showthread.php?tid=2240)

foreign shows || meeting - Orion - 06-20-2018

[align=center][div style="max-width: 600px; text-align: justify;"]THE FEAR OF FALLING APART
Coming back from the battle, bruised and torn up, the sovereign did not even bother to run to the meeting hall. Instead, he stood at the front of the crowd. He was covered in cuts and splashes of blood from head to toe, but to him that was not the most important thing. Today was a day to remember. They defended their city, but not for long. With gritted teeth and a narrowed gaze, he stared out towards his people. What did they expect Frederick to say? Hell, there was no time to prepare a speech or sound the royal alarms. If it wasn't a time for leadership, they wouldn't be looking upon him for guidance or pleading for the heads of the Blackfallen.

His forehead's veins bulged outwards as he began to speak in a choked and gritted down voice.  "We defended our city today," Frederick declared through huffs. Nails dug into his palm in frustration while his other hand rested on his sword's grip. "It's the end of a battle, but not the war." 'If only it was.' "With Bianca's loss, we have no one in our positions. Hence, I am leaving positions up for grabs. If you wish to take a shot, speak up. Any help is greatly considered." In his opinion, this was a bold move, but a rather very desperate that could greatly screw him over. Elias, though not much of a fighter, would be welcome for any position he chooses as he's proved his loyalty over and over again. Even so, there was a chance someone could use this to their advantage... or more specifically, to Blackfall's advantage.

If they were to gain more positions, their chances of having organization and planned attacks would be greater than ever. They needed that firm grounding. Right now, they did not have any. Frederick was their sole leader and he could not control them forever. "We will strike next, Griffingate. That is my promise." With that in mind, he continued.

Positions came with new acquaintances and with new acquaintances came new alliances. "Our alliance with the North End is a welcome one." Seeing that no one had yet to show to greet Morrigan, he had figured that the deal was sealed. Even with that said, he probably wasn't going to deny her offer even if his peasants spoke up. Any group by their side was rather useful as of right now. "If we are to head in to battle with a low count of people, I will be calling upon them to fill the gap if need be." Though, that mattered if they accepted or not. If not, then Frederick was considering damn scorched earth at this point.

"Speak away folks," came his final words. Frederick wanted their opinions and if they wanted to step up, then they may.

Re: foreign shows || meeting - Character Graveyard. - 06-25-2018

[align=center][div style="text-align: justify; width: 45%; font-family: arial; font-size: 11pt; letter-spacing: -1px;"]A meeting. How delightful. A large crowd of people gathered in one area, the most easiest and possible victim for an attack. Abella had made her way over, a frown on her lips as she heard Frederick speak. Blackfall had attacked and she hadn't been there to feel the satisfaction of attacking the ones who had taken everything from her? Disappointing. And it seemed that they had lost their only other High Position, someone she couldn't recall meeting. The woman would clear her throat and she spoke. "Pardon me for the interruption, your Highness. I am interested in taking a shot for this position you have mentioned. I was in the war with Blackfall, they took everything from me. I would like nothing more then to see them collapse from fighting us."

Re: foreign shows || meeting - Orion - 06-25-2018

[align=center][div style="max-width: 600px; text-align: justify;"]THE FEAR OF FALLING APART
His eyes shifted in Abella's direction. She was a new face, but a very welcome one. In fact, based upon first impression, she seemed polite and reasonable. Abella spoke like she knew her intention and could hold her ground, yet she seemed to have that twang of intelligence to her where she knew to think beforehand. Frederick was impressed that she was willing to take the shot as soon as he finished speaking and reasonably be the first. How delightful, really. Everyone else seemed to hesitate. Instead, she shot for it.

As she finished, Frederick visibly loosened. A smirk pulled across his face. "You say you were in war?" he implied curiously. "And that they took everything?" His words were not questioning, but instead repeating her. Frederick needed to hear her words again to confirm what she was saying. Nevertheless, he continued with his observations. The sovereign's eyes begun to look her up and down, hoping to see if she tensed up anywhere visibly. Was she revenge-seeking or fearful? Was she strong or weak? Bold or sly? Lord, he must know. Still, her actions weren't justifying that just yet. "Abella, I would like you to have that opportunity to take back what you once owned." Though, there was one fault. "How can I trust you to not lose everything once again?" Perhaps she was a changed woman. He would never know.

Re: foreign shows || meeting - Character Graveyard. - 06-25-2018

[align=center][div style="text-align: justify; width: 45%; font-family: arial; font-size: 11pt; letter-spacing: -1px;"]A stubborn, yet fierce look had began to form in her eyes as the King focused his attention on her. He wanted to see a woman with strength and power? She would show him one. She would lift her chin up high and stand straight, keeping her sharp eyes focused on Frederick and she would began to speak. "I am not the woman I once was a few years ago. I was entrusted with the task of capturing and torturing the Blackfallen we captured in the war as well as leading fellow soldiers into battle against the enemy." She would pause, before she continued. "I did not lose possessions in the war, they took my family. Something that I will not ever regain. Don't be fooled by my words, I am not a woman who cries easily."

She paused once more before she finished. "On behalf, I swear I will not lose anything if I am chosen as the General."

Re: foreign shows || meeting - Orion - 06-25-2018

So, she did not lose something that she owned, but instead something she grew close to. Their actions were not hers. Hence, she did not lose them, they lost their own lives due to their blunt stupidity and unworthy actions. At least he thought so. Frederick, despite his rather harsh opinions, found content meaning in those words. Abella was someone who held a much needed grudge against the Blackfallen, which fueled her dismay with the war. The sovereign sadly related to her experience. If he said that didn’t persuade him, then he would be lying.

A beat wasn’t missed. ”It takes someone to fall before they rise up,” he pointed out. ”I will give you that chance to rise up as General by my side if you stick to your promise.” Admittedly, Frederick doubted her promise would hold, but he was open to exceptions. Fall before rise...

//to note: new ranks are coming Smile
//mobile, apologies