Beasts of Beyond
How to cause more interest within the human game? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: How to cause more interest within the human game? (/showthread.php?tid=2211)

How to cause more interest within the human game? - Orion - 06-19-2018

As of right now, the human game is lacking. It is not the site's main focus, but I'd wish to get it active for the members that are already involved. With that in mind, what would you guys suggest?

Re: How to cause more interest within the human game? - Luciferr - 06-21-2018

Maybe more clear on that you're allowed powers/mutations? Bc I know I was super excited when someone told me that was okay (though if it's actually not then whoops ah well?)

Though I only didn't join the human RP due to some real life stuff that came up in the end sadly, but I was super interested when I found that out but going in I assumed it was like only being normal humans I guess?

But otherwise hm, I'm not really sure bc personally I love in a human RP any kinda sci-fi setting but BoB's human RP is firmly in the realm of modern/fantasy so I'm not sure what I can help with there unless you full on Lord of the ringsed it and brought in fantasy elements or some kinda third NPC party that encroaches tons on the two groups that causes constant plots/aggravates stuff to cause a constant tension idk.

I'm just rambling I guess - sorry :c

Re: How to cause more interest within the human game? - guts - 06-21-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 550px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; color: black; padding: 20px"]tracking for now!!

but yeah, i definitely agree with luci. i feel like a futuristic thing wld have been rlly neat, but yknow. maybe a fantasy twist might help a little bit?? idk im bad at this kind of thing lol

Re: How to cause more interest within the human game? - axiom - 06-22-2018

[align=center]
for the human rp i don't really understand the "context" of the world if that makes sense - like how the magic system works and history of governments, that kind of thing. i have less issues with that in the animal rp bc, well, they're animals so they're not really sophisticated enough that old history matters. but for humans, old history is the reason why the society is the way it is.

it also seems harder to rp human societies bc human societies are typically much larger than a typical rp population - which, with animals, makes sense because the largest groups aren't going to have more than 20 members usually, even in naturally inclined wild pack animals. so it's hard to rp a cog in the wheel when the wheel is imaginary and not given rules, if that makes sense.

i ramble sorry rip

Re: How to cause more interest within the human game? - Una. - 06-25-2018

Track! Maybe HP/SHP tryouts for all of the groups?

Re: How to cause more interest within the human game? - caelth - 07-04-2018

tracking

Re: How to cause more interest within the human game? - Orion - 07-05-2018

(06-21-2018, 07:26 PM)Luciferr link Wrote: Maybe more clear on that you're allowed powers/mutations? Bc I know I was super excited when someone told me that was okay (though if it's actually not then whoops ah well?)

Gotcha gotcha! I think we should definitely clear that up. All of our games do have abilities and mutations, so we should definitely look into the lore a bit more to emphasize and point that out.

(06-21-2018, 07:26 PM)Luciferr link Wrote: Though I only didn't join the human RP due to some real life stuff that came up in the end sadly, but I was super interested when I found that out but going in I assumed it was like only being normal humans I guess?

Ah sorry about that. Ultimately, normal humans weren't picked, as it would be a reoccurring drama from highschool and/or real life topics that may hit close. Even so, you can still get these aspects within the game, but it's just not as prominently showed as the fantasy aspect.

(06-21-2018, 07:26 PM)Luciferr link Wrote: But otherwise hm, I'm not really sure bc personally I love in a human RP any kinda sci-fi setting but BoB's human RP is firmly in the realm of modern/fantasy so I'm not sure what I can help with there unless you full on Lord of the ringsed it and brought in fantasy elements or some kinda third NPC party that encroaches tons on the two groups that causes constant plots/aggravates stuff to cause a constant tension idk.
Sci-Fi = lots of limiting on what character can and cannot do, along with the objects around them. Ultimately, merging with the animal RP was what seemed like our best choice. Still, we need to establish things better and get more plots/lore involved. A lot of it is trying to make things more clear and I know I haven't done the best with that, but luckily the in-depth guides are coming + maybe some new powers.

(06-21-2018, 11:20 PM)guts link Wrote: [align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 550px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; color: black; padding: 20px"]tracking for now!!

but yeah, i definitely agree with luci. i feel like a futuristic thing wld have been rlly neat, but yknow. maybe a fantasy twist might help a little bit?? idk im bad at this kind of thing lol

What kind of fantasy twist in specific? :0

(06-25-2018, 06:28 PM)Una. link Wrote: Track! Maybe HP/SHP tryouts for all of the groups?
Gotcha!

Re: How to cause more interest within the human game? - nefarius - 07-12-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 550px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; color:; padding: 20px"]Agreeing with everything listed so far - when the human rp was still being plotted out I really wanted to do a sort of LoTR approach, and when we went in a different direction w/ it I ultimately lost interest. There's also the matter of the history, which doesn't allow too much in terms of character development other than the conflict with Blackfall. The short time that I played Prometheus all I was able to go off of was the fact that there was a dislike for powers and the desire to contact the outside world. Which isn't a lot, hence why I lost muse so quickly.

Additionally, the placement of the roleplay on the site is pushed far to the bottom and doesn't allow roleplayers to see it as easily? Despite the human rp not being a priority like the furry main game, I feel like since the game is smaller it should be placed above the furry man game to bring more attention to it.