Beasts of Beyond
TELL ME LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL | OPEN, DISCOVERY - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: TELL ME LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL | OPEN, DISCOVERY (/showthread.php?tid=2210)

TELL ME LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL | OPEN, DISCOVERY - Nayru - 06-19-2018

[color=#6b7e99]✦ ✦ ✦
It was in the far reaches of the library that Nayru found a section that could only be described as sinister. As she browsed the titles of the ancient looking leather bound books, she couldn't help but feel as if some sort of dark energy had engulfed her, sending chills down her spine and stealing the breath from her lungs. Surprisingly, she was not afraid. A bit perturbed, yes, but not afraid. She was a goddess after all- there was not much that a couple of creepy books could do to her, that was for sure. In fact, she was mainly intrigued, her mind whirling as she attempted to figure out how they emitted an aura as malicious as they did.

She was about to remove one from the shelf - its spine encrusted with gemstones - when her attention was seemingly stolen by what she could only call a bright light in a sea of shadow. Nayru felt drawn to the book like a moth to a flame and quickly removed it from the shelf. On cue, her nerves suddenly kicked back in and prompted the tiny sawbone to take her find and return to the main area of the library where Chad had been waiting patiently for her. He hissed when he saw her trot back into view, ignoring the heavy book she had precariously balanced on her back. She booped his snout affectionately before placing her find on a table with a heavy thud, watching as a thin layer of dust rose to meet her.

[b][color=#6b7e99]"How peculiar," She breathed, carefully flipping to a random page. The spine cracked and caused her to wince but after some inspection, she quickly discovered that it was a side effect of age. That was good at least, she didn't want to be considered a book murderer. [color=#6b7e99]"What is all this?" Recipes, it seemed, but the more she read, the more she realized that this book was a grimoire of sorts.

Magic.

Maybe she could do magic.

Endeared by the idea, the Sawbone continued to flip through the heavily filled pages, her eyes wide. She still didn't understand why it called to her the way that it did, but that was okay. She was far too busy trying to decipher the meaning of the various spells to give much of a thought to anything else. [color=#6b7e99]"I have to do more research," She mumbled to herself, [color=#6b7e99]"I have to try this out."

Re: TELL ME LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL | OPEN, DISCOVERY - COSMIIX - 06-20-2018

AMUNET GHANA ✧ REGENT — TANGLEWOOD — TAGS
Victory had been looking for Wisdom and once she had discovered where the other was, she was quite intrigued especially with the book that she had seemed to have taken off of the shelf. The Goddess would approach slowly with both her curved ears angled forward and she would greet her daughter with a light murmur "Hello Nayru. Have you found an interesting novel?" Amunet enjoyed herself a good book as well though her taste was quite cheesy and odd though that didn't seem to matter at the moment since she seemed a lot more interested in what Nayru had found and what she was muttering about trying out. Amunet recalled how she once had been so interested in the mutants that lived in Tanglewood but those researches had settled down after the loss of her companion, Vladimir, since he was the one who ever listened to her rant about the mutated creatures. She still found said mutants here and there but she didn't make a big fuss out of it like she had before back in the day. Her whiskers twitched as she took sight of some of the writing and illustrations yet it didn't take her too long to figure out what it was. Magic.
© madi

Re: TELL ME LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL | OPEN, DISCOVERY - Luciferr - 06-21-2018

[align=center]
But Heed this lesson well,
When the weak court death, They find it -

Fenris while he did visit the library to occasionally pick up a book never really got to stay to appreciate it - if only because the regent worried about possibly setting the flammable paper on fire by his mere presence alone and would rather avoid that outcome - today he'd been drawn there by the same familiar aura's he'd come to know so well.

Padding in behind Victiry, war would spot both her and Wisdom padding closer and inclining his head in silent backing up of Amunet's own statement after all just what had Nayru found?

/short I'm sorry ;-;

[sub]TANGLEWOOD - REGENT - TAGS - REF (9FT) - EXTREME[W]isker[/sub]