Beasts of Beyond
NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN | MEETING 6.18 - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN | MEETING 6.18 (/showthread.php?tid=2185)

NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN | MEETING 6.18 - BASTILLEPAW - 06-19-2018

AND I'M JUST A DEAD MAN WALKING TONIGHT
Fuck. Bastille, generally speaking, maintained a pretty steady track of time. It was just... pretty fucking constant and regular for him, and if he could do nothing else, he could stick to a schedule. Usually. Somehow he'd fucking missed the fact that yesterday was Sunday, however, and fuck -- this was barely his what, third meeting or something? Fucking hell. Fucking hell. The tom arrived looking relatively rumpled, having rolled straight out of bed that morning upon realizing he'd missed meeting day, and his fur was still slightly tussled as he took his place with a sworn, "Fuck, I'm late, sorry, meeting time."

He scowled slightly as he settled, running through the plans he'd had for announcements yesterday. Damn. How had he managed to plan on Saturday and still forget on Sunday? Fuck. He shook himself slightly, trying to focus less on inevitable failure and doom and more on the present as he continued, "Uh, right, so. Newcomers. Welcome to Delta, Washington, Mavrin, Serket, Iva, and Eve. Anyone who needs to get their pendants this week can do that in the [color=#a25367]June ceremonies. If you need help getting your shard or figuring out how to get your pendant, grab (tag) a high position to help you."

A pause. "It's been a bit slow, so I'm not gonna do any promotions this week. Overall we're being social and shit, but we need to focus on less private clutter. Ya'know, pop in some opens if you're gonna be contributing a bunch of privates and all that jazz. No warnings, either. I know I just introduced the title system, but I've decided to adjust it a bit after discussing concepts with the ranked positions. So, most of the Zodiac Titles will remain the same, and correlate to various personality traits and factors that we notice. More details about those can be found in the [color=#a25367]title guide. Cosmic Generals and up will be able to assign the Zodiac Titles to anyone. Aside from the Zodiac Titles, there will also be five Odyssey Titles, which will be named after various constellations. To earn an Odyssey Title you will need to complete tasks correlated to the stars within those constellations. So... you're basically building a constellation to earn the title. Those still need some fine tuning, so hit the [color=#a25367]feedback center (particularly to see what the odyssey titles are) to add suggestions and ideas for those titles.

"Right... So. Since we don't have any promotions this week, and titles are new, I figured we might as well roll out a fuck load of them now. Aries to Roy and Margy; Pisces to Rin; Taurus to Luna; Aquarius to Luna, Suiteheart, and Margy; Capricorn to Suiteheart; Libra to Pele, Sylva, and Hazel; Gemini to Rad; Leo to Cooper."
A pause. "Suiteheart can assign any I missed." Which was likely, frankly. There was always next week, but hell, this was what she was here for.

"Anyway. Politics. Tanglefuck is still our ally, and I get that some of you would prefer that we discuss why, so we're gonna do that this meeting. Before we get into... that, [color=#a25367]weekly tasks are up. Look out for the Summer Solstice event with said Tanglefucks on the 21st." Bastille paused, and then said, slowly, "Look, I'm sorry I didn't actually explain why we-- I did this. I get it. I was annoyed when Starry didn't talk to me either, and I realize I did the same thing to you, so... whatever. Sorry. Obviously we've had our issues with Beck in the past, because he's an asshole, but I do think that we need someone. Pincher is shady as fuck, and he scoped out our territory before Typhoon dropped us. They have Snowbound. If for whatever reason Pinch decides to turn on us, it's 2 on 1, and with shitty relations with Beck... well. We're not exactly ready for war, much as I'd like our pacifist asses to train more, and we might need that swamp." He scowled slightly. "Besides, the rest of them are actually friendly. So. In my opinion, it makes the most strategic sense, but I guess the point of this is to be a discussion and shit. Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Concerns?"
[align=center]BASTILLEPRISONER — ASTRAL SERAPH — [color=#f6f6f6]TAGS

Re: NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN | MEETING 6.18 - Character Graveyard. - 06-19-2018

LOST IN SKIES OF POWDERED GOLD ✧ Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Bastille had been a day late with the meeting, but Luna wouldn't blame him- even if he was angry at her. He had been stressed lately, with the alliance with Tanglewood starting and Beck attacking him.

The Corporal had taken a seat alone and she had looked up at Bast as he spoke. A welcoming to the new members, no promotions, but shout-outs, titles, a little note on Tanglewood. And a note on The Typhoon. How shady. They took a look around their territory before dropping them down to neutral?

"If I may speak, I have a suggestion." Luna said. "We could pay Snowbound a visit and see if we could possibly become allies with them, so we'll have an upper hand if The Typhoon decides to attack us?"
© madi

Re: NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN | MEETING 6.18 - Suiteheart - 06-19-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 530px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; padding: 20px"]Suiteheart padded forward, a yawn escaping her maw as she settled down. She had been caught in the middle of a nap, but luckily, she wasn't late to the meeting. Baby blue eyes cast themselves upon Bastilleprisoner as he spoke. There was more than a few things to cover in today's assembly, so she shifted her weight until she found the most comfortable way to sit and listen.

The first thing on the agenda was to roll out the welcome wagon. They had a decent pool of newcomers this week, and to that, she smiled and meowed a quick, "Welcome to the family." That's what this whole thing was - a family. It was wild and tense at times, but at the end of the day, everyone did love one another. Surely the new kids would discover that.

Next up was titles, and she sat in silence as Bastille rolled through the idea. She made sure to pay special attention to the titles awarded. Despite his worries of missing someone, Bast managed to hit every nail on the head so to speak. She simply shook her head. "Got 'em all, kiddo." Capricorn and Aquarius. Nice.

Politics was the final topic, and she found herself more interested in this than anything else. The event sounded good and fun, and she, admittedly, welcomed it. And though she still loathed the alliance they had began with Tanglewood, she understood the reasoning behind it. The Typhoon and Snowbound were extremely close on account of the leaders having some sort of fling. And seeing as the Ascendants weren't on good terms with the Typhoon, it was natural that they had to gravitate towards the swamp fuckers. She did appreciate Bastille's apology. It was nice to hear something like that considering he did not often do that sort of thing.

"Our choices are slim, and beggars can't be choosers," Suiteheart said after Bastille had finished. It was true after all. Snowbound might have been a lead to get at, but with rising tensions with the Typhoon, it was highly unlikely. "And yeah, aside from Beck, most Tanglers are pretty nice. I trust you and Starry on this one."

Her baby blues shifted to Lunafreya as she spoke, and an eyebrow arched in question. An alliance with Snowbound? If only. "I think that's easier said than done, Lu. Snowbound and the Typhoon have been allied for a while. In fact, as far as I know, they're all living together - or were at least because of God know's what," the white feline began, rolling her eyes as if the truth of the matter was ridiculous. "But anyway, I'm worried we wouldn't be able to count on Snowbound. Don't get me wrong, I love that Jacob kid, but I have a feeling he's gonna side with Pincher no matter what."

She shook her head, not really liking these odds. Maybe it was worth a try, but if their request fell on deaf ears, they needed a back up plan. "I like the idea of training. It wouldn't kill us to know how to fight. A group-wide training session would be great. Might as well have two teams and pit ourselves against one another in a mock battle for practice purposes. It'd be fun, and I'm sure everyone would learn something. I'd be happy to pull together one team if someone else'd want to make another.

"And I think having a simple medical training could benefit everyone too. If something happens, Rad and Rin might not be able to fix everyone at once. It'd be a good idea for us to know how to treat little things to save our healers some trouble."
Suiteheart knew a good deal herself, and if anything happened, she'd be the first to jump to help the healers. At the same time, however, how many other members of the Ascendants knew basic healing knowledge? Not many.

Re: NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN | MEETING 6.18 - radeken - 06-19-2018

Gemini. Huh. Alright, well, feathers in caps, after all. Radeken tuned much of the meeting out because everything prior to that was the usual good job team, welcome newcomers spiel and she just didn’t have it in her to look enthusiastic because she was a bitch in that regard.

By the time conversation had come to politics, she finally decided that she ought to mind what was being said. The alliance with Tanglewood...well, truth be told, Radeken wasn’t very upset about it. This would be an opportunity to learn more and she wanted nothing more than to take advantage of it. So, she had no complaints or concerns about the swamp-dwellers.

[color=black]I’m sure we can organize that soon.” Radeken replied to Suiteheart’s suggestion, groaning inwardly at the idea of trying to wrestle some sort of life-saving knowledge into her colleagues, but so far as she knew, most knew at least the basics (or had enough common sense to catch on quick), and she could probably just make Rin be the patient one and Radeken herself could bring supplies, or something.

Re: NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN | MEETING 6.18 - Pele N. F. I. - 06-19-2018

[align=center]
Pele sat down by Suite when the meeting was called, listening carefully. A title, that was fun. She was more interested in the preparations for trainings and such. "Maybe we should host trainings with Tangle as well, so we know how we both fight and how to strategize accordingly if the day ever comes that we would need to fight alongside one another."
[align=center]"SPEECH""THOUGHTS"

Re: NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN | MEETING 6.18 - ★ HAZEL - 06-19-2018

[align=center]
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
★  WHEN MY HEART IS MADE FROM GOLD AND FORGIVENESS SEEMS TOO BOLD
Hazel followed after Pele, blinking at Bastille’s slight apology for being late. In all honesty, she had kind of failed to notice that the meetings were weekly in the first place. Now that she knew, it kind of gave her something to look forward to.

She nodded at the onslaught of information, taking it in whilst tucking her paws underneath her and settling down. She could get behind the titles, partially because there was a small spark of glowing pride there, knowing that it had been her and Pele’s painting that inspired the zodiac theme. Other than that, the Odyssey titles just sounded cool. It lit up a special sort of light in her, knowing mythology was going to be tied into the ranks. As for the actual assignments of the titles, Hazel smiled to herself: Libra? Funny, that was her actual sign. Fitting.

Her good mood faltered a bit at the topic of the Tanglewood alliance, seeing as his confirmation of it had been a bit...dramatic. And stressful. She sighed, tail tip twitching as he explained it. Yeah, most of Tanglewood was pretty nice; she’d only met Nayru and Beck so far, and liked Nayru far better than she did Beck. Beck...creeped her out. Made her uncomfortable. Nevertheless, she was far less skilled in strategy than Bastille, Suite, and practically everyone else in the clan, so she would leave it up to them, as long as Suite didn’t let Bastille do anything stupid.

At Suite’s suggestion of a medic arrangement, Hazel’s focus sharpened. Hey, that - she could help with. “If Rad or Rin wants help organizing or setting up the medic training, I’d be happy to help.” She spoke up, tail curling. She needed to be good for something, at least. Besides, there was a spark of excitement igniting in the back of her mind at helping out with the medic training; something that didn’t feel quite right, quite her, but she wasn’t too bothered by it.
★ — hazel — "speech" — eight months — the ascendants — tags — ★
[sup]c) miithers[/sup]

Re: NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN | MEETING 6.18 - GORDON CIPHER. - 06-19-2018

It seemed that she had missed a lot recently. Gordon made her way over at Bastille's call, taking her normal seat at the edge of the crowd. Bastille announced the normal things, such as the recent newcomers and titles, but she did get interested when he started to mention politics. So they were officially allies with Tanglewood - or Tanglefucks as Bastille likes to call them - now? Well, that was a good thing, right? Gordon didn't have much to say regarding the situation with whomever this Pincher person was, but she took note of what everybody was saying.
i'll need you to reassure me i didn't waste a verse ━

Re: NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN | MEETING 6.18 - Roy Mustang - 06-24-2018

[Image: Jz5nvpm.png]
Roy usually didn't show up this late to meetings. Roy always believed he showed up in past meetings at a good time, as generally- Roy always had something to object or make comments on. But today, somehow the meeting slipped his mind until the very last minute. The melanistic bobcat came limping in, arriving after Gordon, sitting himself at the edge of the crowd. Roy didn't bother to look for someone to sit with, he quickly placed his attention onto Bastilleprisoner and listened to what the leader had to say. Roy was lucky, he came just in time and heard everything Bastille said- he didn't miss any of it. The Flame Alchemist was quite lucky, and a bit surprised when he heard his name mentioned. He wasn't promoted, as Bastille mentioned there were no promotions or demotions this week, but instead he was rewarded a title. Aries. Ah, Roy remembered from last meeting- that title was for skilled combatants, assigned based on characteristics and personality traits. Roy was a fighter in both, he was a soldier- the title fits him, if he says so himself. Roy stayed silent, ears pricking up as his listened to his clanmates speak up after Bastilleprisoner, deciding not to make any comments of his own this time. He's a little too late to be barging in with his own comments; maybe next meeting.