Beasts of Beyond
A STOIC MIND AND A BLEEDING HEART | VISITOR, OPEN - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: A STOIC MIND AND A BLEEDING HEART | VISITOR, OPEN (/showthread.php?tid=2058)

A STOIC MIND AND A BLEEDING HEART | VISITOR, OPEN - Nayru - 06-14-2018

[color=#6b7e99]✦ ✦ ✦
Nayru was nervous. 

From what she had heard of the Ascendants, she knew that she really didn't have anything to worry about. They were peaceful and kind and would never hurt a child such as herself, she was well aware of that. But despite their overall gentle disposition, she still felt as if this was a massively terrible idea. What if they didn't like her? Or worse, what if they didn't like Chad? She had brought her alligator companion with her, too afraid to leave by herself and too unsure to ask Fenris or Amunet to come with her. She was almost an adult and more importantly, she was the Sawbone of her clan. If she couldn't muster up enough courage to abandon her territory for even a little bit while she interacted with a new ally, than she had a serious issue.  That being said. she really wasn't permitted to go anywhere without her reptile friend following close behind. If she didn't know any better, she would have thought him to be a puppy trapped in an alligator's body.

[b][color=#6b7e99]"Um.. Hi.. Hello?" Nayru would call out, cerulean gaze brimmed with worry. It felt strange, being out of the swamp and all. Here, there were rolling fields and flowers and an Observatory- no muddy waters and foreboding muck that could swallow a girl her size whole. Admittedly, their territory was a beautiful place, one that, had circumstances been different, she could have seen herself thriving within. She straightened her posture then, forcing herself to tilt her chin up and pull her shoulders back. She was a princess, born and raised, and no matter how scared and nervous she felt on the outside, she had to show them that she was unfazed. Unbothered.

[color=#6b7e99]"My name is Nayru and my companion goes by the name of Chadwick," she paused, permitting the tiny gator at her paws to hiss merrily, [color=#6b7e99]"And we come from Tanglewood. I just wanted to.. uh.. talk to your medics if that was okay?"

Re: A STOIC MIND AND A BLEEDING HEART | VISITOR, OPEN - BASTILLEPAW - 06-15-2018

AND I'M JUST A DEAD MAN WALKING TONIGHT
A familiar aura on his border drew him in, and while he knew she was Tanglewood, he didn't really mind. She wasn't Beck, and he'd come to accept that the rest of them were alright -- hell, he didn't even have it in him to hate Beck, not when he didn't feel... well, anything, towards anyone. Whatever. The point was, she had been nice the past time he met her, and they were allies now so what did it matter in the first place?

As he approached, he noted that though she may play at brave, her aura betrayed her nerves. He arched a brow at her before greeting, sounding almost bored, "Hi again, I guess. That's fine. You're their, uh, Sawbone, yeah?" That was what she'd called it before, wasn't it? Some sort of healer, he was assuming, based on her request. "Rin'll probably be around, but we might have to hunt down Rad. What'd'ya need?"
[align=center]BASTILLEPRISONER — ASTRAL SERAPH — TAGS

Re: A STOIC MIND AND A BLEEDING HEART | VISITOR, OPEN - radeken - 06-15-2018

"[color=black]Nah." She trotted forward as if she had been waiting specifically for a time like this, radiating a shit-eating aura that grew in intensity when she added, "[color=black]Aren't I always where I need to be?" Looking so damn pleased with herself as she scrutinized Nayru before her eyes dropped to Chadwick. I'd like to cut one of those open. Nayru obviously wouldn't offer that one, though. Well, maybe for a price. Hopefully for a price. She smiled as sweetly as someone like her could manage. "[color=black]We'll have to wait for Rin, of course, but what did you want to talk about?"

Re: A STOIC MIND AND A BLEEDING HEART | VISITOR, OPEN - Character Graveyard. - 06-15-2018

LOST IN SKIES OF POWDERED GOLD ✧ Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
A visitor from Tanglewood, it seemed. Luna had approached and she decided to take a seat next to Bastille, despite the anger she felt towards him as of now. She would then offer a mock welcoming smile to Nayru, hoping the female didn't notice that her smile was fake.

Then her eyes had moved to Chadwick. Thankfully, Leviathan wasn't with her, so the baby Utahraptor wouldn't try to attack the small alligator. "Lunafreya, but Luna is fine."
© madi

Re: A STOIC MIND AND A BLEEDING HEART | VISITOR, OPEN - Nayru - 06-15-2018

[color=#6b7e99]✦ ✦ ✦
Her attention was first drawn to Bastilleprisoner who, thankfully, was a familiar face. She appeared rather pleased to see him home in one piece, having worried about him given the deadly nature of the Tanglewood swamp. He seemed a bit... apathetic, but it wasn't anything that bothered Nayru. No, she preferred casual indifference over something like, say, rage or hostility. [b][color=#6b7e99]"Hi," She greeted quietly, nudging Chad as he began to hiss louder now- remembering Bastille from his prior visit. For an alligator, her companion was surprisingly intelligent and continued to shock her with new developments in his behavior time after time. [color=#6b7e99]"I just wanted to... um... ask for some help actually. I also wanted to see if you all had some herbs that we don't and vice versa, things are a bit funky in the swamp," She confessed, glancing down at Chadwick as if he was the funkiest thing to emerge from the muck.

As Radeken arrived, Nayru would frown. She wasn't saying that she was intimidated by the other female but there was something that made the timid Sawbone retreat into herself a bit, pale paws shuffling against the ground. When she looked towards Chad, Nayru was met with the strong desire to usher him from sight, feeling unsettled and uncomfortable and most importantly, awkward. There wasn't anything wrong with Rad... she had just lied: the canine was indeed rather intimidating. [color=#6b7e99]"Like I said, I wanted to uh... talk herbs... and maybe get some help."

At least Wren didn't seem too perturbed by her arrival, actually managing to coax a faint smile out of her with his simple greeting. [color=#6b7e99]"Nayru, if you didn't catch it," The tiny scientist responded. Her blue eyes would flicker to the snake, widening with intrigue as she wondered if he, too, worked to train and hone its abilities. [color=#6b7e99]"It's so cool that you have a reptile too!" She chimed brightly, suddenly behaving much more relaxed than literally a few moments ago. [color=#6b7e99]"And hello, Luna," Se finally greeted, her words aimed in the direction of the last to arrive.

At least everyone seemed as nice as she had heard.

She still wished Fenris or Amunet were with her though.

Re: A STOIC MIND AND A BLEEDING HEART | VISITOR, OPEN - Warringkingdoms - 06-15-2018

[font=trebuchet ms]The scent of Tanglewood caused her fur to bristle, even though she knew they probably weren't there to cause harm.

As she arrived on the scene and saw that the visitors were a child and her pet alligator, however, Rin softened slightly. Technically, kids could be used as cover for an ambush, but that was no reason to be aggressive towards the kid in question- and this one seemed to be the medic of the group, only here to learn about medicine. It wouldn’t make sense for a group to risk their medic trying to launch an ambush, even setting the tentative alliance with Tanglewood aside.

As for talking herbs, she and Rad would hopefully be able to provide what Nayru was looking for. ”Sorry I’m late,” Rin chimed in as she arrived, carrying her bag of herbs with her as per usual. ”But I’m Rin. It’s nice to meet you.” With a subtle nod of acknowledgement towards the alligator, she then focused her full attention on Nayru. ”What did you need help with?” They could compare herbs once she knew what the issue they were trying to solve was.

/ishpost