Beasts of Beyond
Smell Those Trees! || p, Bast - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Smell Those Trees! || p, Bast (/showthread.php?tid=2004)

Smell Those Trees! || p, Bast - kinglykingstone - 06-12-2018

It's a good idea to leave your troubles— Dale Cooper was someone who tried not to dislike too many things. He disliked the normal things such as pain, anger,and bigotry. But, one uncommon thing the canine disliked was sleeping underground and being hidden from the sun's warm rays. After several long hours of pacing his bland and boring room, Cooper decided that he couldn't stand the dark for any longer.

So, Cooper began to hunt. He searched storage closet after storage closet, gathering light sources like a squirrel gathers nuts. In one closet he found old Christmas lights that he was sure would twinkle reg and green, though he had a feeling that(based on the mess of a ball they were in) putting them up would be a hassle. He grabbed the ball of lights in his mouth and continued his search for light. His next find was a ball shaped lamp, the size of his head, that would hang from the ceiling. It was a soft yellow and could stand in for the sun! Oh this was splendid. His last find was a dusty box of white fairy lights, seemingly unopened.

With his treasures in tow, the Vizsla-Collie mix returned to his room. Without help, he began to hang his finds. The yellow lamp had been difficult to get to stay but now it was there, adding a warm glow to the room. Next came the fairy lights, hanging from random edges of the ceiling and spanning widely across the room. "Diane, I've nearly finished lighting my room, now all that's left is to untangle the Christmas lights. I hope i come out of it alive and, if not, I suppose I'll see you soon." and with that semi-dark comment, he set to work on untangling the bundle. —at home when operating a vehicle.

"SPEECH"

Re: Smell Those Trees! || p, Bast - BASTILLEPAW - 06-14-2018

AND I'M JUST A DEAD MAN WALKING TONIGHT
Bastille wasn't much of a greeter. He tended to show up on the border and get that initial take of a newcomer, sure, but he didn't always introduce himself or make much of a conversation until after someone had settled in and they just... happened upon one another. He didn't really... check in, per se. He gave people their space and would eventually get to know them better later. It was rare that he had a one-on-one encounter with someone, but this was sort of an accident.

Cooper's reminder of Starry had hurt, in an unexpected way, but he'd tried to push it away as quickly as possible. Now, he couldn't avoid the pull of the newcomer's voice from down the hall, and he headed idly in that direction without really thinking about it. There was light spilling out of the open doorway, and as he came to a stop in the flare of it, he studied Cooper briefly. And then studied his room, in a bored fashion, and squinted slightly. "What're you doing?" he asked, the first thing that came to mind, before he seemed to remember his manners and added, vague, "Uh, hi. Again."
[align=center]BASTILLEPRISONER — ASTRAL SERAPH — TAGS

Re: Smell Those Trees! || p, Bast - kinglykingstone - 06-15-2018

It's a good idea to leave your troubles— Cooper and the ball of lights were at odds, to the point of pushing him into frustration. With a growl, the white and red canine pushed away the ball. He'd come back to it later or put it back where he found it. He probably had enough light, anyways. It wasn't much, made up of fairy lights and a paper lamp, but it was better than nothing.

Cooper was pulled from his musings by a voice, one he'd only heard briefly so far. "Oh, Bastille, hello." hummed the canine as he turned to face the Seraph. He felt embarrassment and despair rising in his chest as he looked at the feline, wondering what he could be doing here. "I felt my room was to..." underground, cramped, small, tight, bland, enclosed, windowless "dark. muttered the canine, looking back at his decorations. Perhaps this had been a silly endeavor. Perhaps he was just decreasing his odds of fitting in with his changes. "I was trying to add some light" added the canine, looking back towards the silver feline.—at home when operating a vehicle.

"SPEECH"

Re: Smell Those Trees! || p, Bast - BASTILLEPAW - 06-26-2018

AND I'M JUST A DEAD MAN WALKING TONIGHT
Bastille blinked at him, briefly at a loss as his gaze shifted up towards the array of lights once more. "Too dark?" he echoed, before frowning slightly as ice blue eyes were back on Cooper, considering. "You're doing all of this because it's too dark? Why didn't you just ask for windows?" He was, frankly, baffled. They had rooms in the bunker for a reason, after all, and he saw no point in doing all of this when one could just... open the curtains in a perfectly good room with perfectly good windows.

He glanced back towards the mess of lights, and shook his head. "Come on. We should get you moved over to the bunker -- we have plenty of rooms left over there, and I can just add a floor if needed. Seriously, Coop, these lights are probably a fire hazard," he huffed, frowning at the Observer once more as he despaired over why he hadn't just said something.
[align=center]BASTILLEPRISONER — ASTRAL SERAPH — TAGS