Beasts of Beyond
OPEN I just got here, so I gotta show some face. - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Descendants of the Departed (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: OPEN I just got here, so I gotta show some face. (/showthread.php?tid=18226)

I just got here, so I gotta show some face. - Chernabog - 07-23-2024

Chernabog breathed in the warm air of the volcanic hot springs, stretching her great form as beads of reddish water fell from her scales. The viper, confined to a rickety wooden cage, kept prodding the wooden bars with a spiked nose. Red water beaded on it's reddish-orange scales, it's body poised to strike as Chernabog picked up the cage and started for one of the hot springs.

She set the cage down next to one, before lowering herself into the waters. First, she lowered her front talons in, warm water soaking her scales and making her purr contently. Then, she brought her hind talons in, and lowered her great body into the warm water. She rubbed her forearms with her talons, loosening old scales.

"I'm assuming you vipers enjoy a bit of humidity? You shed, just like me," She rumbled, yellow eyes moving to the viper. It stared at her, presumably out of self-righteous anger or arrogance.

"We are nothing like you, inferior beast! You unholy creature, with your handed-limbs and hand-made contraptions! Release me! You dare to utilize inferior contraptions to ensnare my perfect, limbless self!" The viper hissed with venom in it's voice. It made Chernabog laugh, a good, hearty laugh.

"You're adorable," She crooned, ear flicking. She still couldn't tell if it was a male or female. Not that it mattered, anyway.

RE: I just got here, so I gotta show some face. - kole. - 07-23-2024

Kole just so happened to be walking by the hot springs in that moment, the splash of Chernabog's great body lowering into the water making his ears twitch wildly atop his head as he swivelled around, listening to the sound of that all familiar voice, and the... Other, irritatingly familiar voice.

Kole did not much like the vipers. Still, he meandered over anyway, because engaging in idle conversation and pissing off Chernabog's pet sounded like a good time to him.

"Talking to your scaly friend again, Chernabog?" Kole mused as he came to a stop beside the hot spring. He almost debated climbing in—some extra warmth was never a bad thing when dealing with a cold-blooded vampire. In the literal and metaphorical sense, that is. "I wonder if it ever tires of its own voice..." he murmured, casting the caged legless fiend a scathing look.

RE: I just got here, so I gotta show some face. - little miss - 08-02-2024

the little cub scuttled over to the commotion, curled ears flicking back as she focused her dark gaze onto the cage. while it was similar (in little miss' mind) to her basket, the scaled creature didn't take so kindly to their enclosure. she didn't quite understand why, but she also didn't want to ask. she also just didn't have the attention-span. in almost an instant the cub was sidetracked by the heat of the springs and the mottled feline would take a few steps back, as if those measly inches would instantly drop the temperature and the little girl wouldn't feel as if her skin were melting.