Beasts of Beyond
OPEN Always within, to lurk in the skin - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Descendants of the Departed (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: OPEN Always within, to lurk in the skin (/showthread.php?tid=18210)

Always within, to lurk in the skin - KAUGER - 07-04-2024

The stepping stones were hot on the Xenosmilus' paw pads, and still she was resolute in hopping them. The dead weight (literally) of the befallen lion on her back was starting to get on her nerves. But with determination in her burning orange eyes, Kauger continued. It'd been a few days since she left her father and siblings to go on her own, a few days since her mother's passing. The pain was still there, but more of a dull ache then a hindering wound.

"Bah-" Her snarl echoed as she fumbled her way onto the black sands, nose wrinkling as the black grains got in between her toes, and she snorted. Who decided to make their claim on a volcanic island, anyway?

She shouldered the dead lion from her back, dragging them by the scruff to lay before her as she stood with her hind feet in the water. If this all went south, she could at least have a chance of getting a head start incase this group lived up to their.. violent nature, as it was whispered as on the mainland. She was strong, but sure as hell not stupid.

RE: Always within, to lurk in the skin - ??? - 07-08-2024

After their adventures elsewhere, the shapeshifter returned back to their base form and continued their mindless wandering. They only stopped to refuel or to acknowledge any outliers in the Descendants of the Departed. To their interest, another had appeared. 

As they meandered across the black beach, their gaze locked onto a figure in the distance. Maybe two. They could not tell yet. They would have to go closer to see better and then assess the situation from there. Primed to investigate, they changed their route and walked over towards the silhouettes.

They had no concern about the potential dangers before them as they wandered up. Their casual nature was almost strange, unphased by the dead lion being dragged by their scruff and placed in front of Kauger's being. They were dead. What more was to look at? There was no threat that could come from the dead, only the living. This living being was something they could not place yet. They would have to find out for themselves.

The blank faced serval merely looked at the xenosmilus after acknowledging the body before them. No questions were going to be asked, nor would any emotion show on their face. They would wait to be addressed first.

RE: Always within, to lurk in the skin - VALE - 07-08-2024

graphic gore ★ genderfluid ★ three-eyed raven
“HEWWO!” The three-eyed raven circled from above, body-surfing the wind rolling off the ocean. “Not easy to drag a corpse over those stepping stones, eh? A plus for effort! What’re you here for? Merchanting? Visiting a long-lost relative? Wanting your shot at glory in the fight pits? Bahaha!”

Vale dove and, with a noisy few wingbeats to slow xyr descent, attempted to land on ???’s skull.

Without looking at ???, xe bobbed xyr head at the xenosmilus. “Also, like, what’s your name?” Xe tilted xyr head and fluffed out xyr feathers. “I’m Vale! And this right here—” Vale attempted to gently tap ???’s head with a feetsie. “—is my perch, so don’t mind if the perch doesn’t talk, right, ‘cause trees don’t talk!”
CAUTERIZED AND ATROPHIED ★ THIS IS MY UNBECOMING ★ NOW I WAIT FOR THE

RE: Always within, to lurk in the skin - KAUGER - 07-08-2024

Kauger straightened her stance as ??? approached, as if expecting a greeting or some semblance of importance from the white-toned serval. Her eyes narrowed, staring at their blank expression, expecting words and getting a whole lot of fucking nothing.

"Uh- Hello?" She rumbled, tilting her head slightly. Her attention snapped to the raven that soared overhead, oh thank fuck, something that can speak! "Hello."

"Yes, it was... some much needed exercise, I suppose," Kauger hummed, rolling her powerful shoulders. Fiery eyes watched Vale with subtle interest, "I was actually hoping to join the ranks. Just got done with family things, and.."

Bah, she was rambling. "Never mind that -- My name's Kauger," Her gaze moving down toward ??? once again, "Perch, eh? Bit short to be a tree -- more like a sapling than anything else."

RE: Always within, to lurk in the skin - VALE - 07-21-2024

graphic gore ★ genderpunk ★ three eyed raven
“Ah, then you’re in luck!” Vale bobbed xyr head up and down with an analytical eye locked on Kauger. “Inquisitor Malus, at your service! Well, my name’s Vale. We’re an informal bunch herehahahaha!” Vale didn’t so much as finish talking as slide into a cackle.

“With a present like that, I say you’re in! Delightful! You are a model new recruit! If only everyone could be so, ah, good at first impressions!”

Vale tilted xyr head. “Hm, eh, maybe you’re right. Also, uhhhhhhhhhhhhh I guess we need a pack mule? To take the meat home, hahaha, and of course I suppose that means I’m showing you ‘round our lovely island home!”

Vale’s right feetsie tapped ???’s head. “Aye, you down for lugging around the meatsies like a pack mule?” Then Vale looked back at Kauger with a shrug-like motion of xyr wings. Vale honestly had no idea if ??? would shapeshift into anything useful for that instruction, but, either way, ??? or Kauger carrying it didn’t make a lick of difference to the three eyed raven! So long as xe wasn’t tasked to carry that dead weight!
CAUTERIZED AND ATROPHIED ★ THIS IS MY UNBECOMING ★ NOW I WAIT FOR THE