Beasts of Beyond
OPEN a soul to rearrange, the shadow resonates - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Descendants of the Departed (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: OPEN a soul to rearrange, the shadow resonates (/showthread.php?tid=18206)

a soul to rearrange, the shadow resonates - VALE - 07-01-2024

graphic gore ★ genderfluid ★ three-eyed raven
“AHHHHH! THIS IS A DISASTER!” Vale screamed.

Birds cried and took flight in droves. Quite a few? Corvids and vultures. Clearly, the birds had gathered for a purpose. Food?

“THIS IS NOT APPROPRIATELY GIFT-SIZED! FUCK!” Vale screamed. “AND I’M NOT EVEN FINISHED! KANE WILL HATE IT! NO, WHEN IT’S DONE, I WON’T EVEN BE ABLE TO MOVE THE DAMNED THING TO SHOW HIM!”

Thankfully for the Descendants, Vale’s disaster wasn’t even half as bad as an eruption or an earthquake. Not even as half bad as eating nothing but coconut crabs everyday for weeks.

The raven’s wings beat against the air as xe wailed. “AHHHH!”

A dainty paintbrush dropped from xyr beak and clattered between xyr feetsies. Xe stood upon… red… brown… white exoskeletons? This was no mere pile of shelled and discarded coconut crabs. The little black bird was dwarfed by the… statue? Four meters wide. Two meters tall at the shoulder. It had four stout, stubby legs. No tail. A massive block of a head with a meter long horn. The horn had been painstakingly glued together from various coconut crab legs of diminishing diameter to create a sword-like point.

This was a lovingly crafted—had Vale been working since dawn? yes, actually!—life-sized rhino statue.

While there wasn’t paint anywhere, a near-empty bucket of glue sat next to the rhino’s right rear foot. The whole area smelled like coconut. Vale had probably used most of xyr personal glue supply to keep the crab-rhino standing. Unlike “vegan” glue (made from synthetic chemical compounds with a horrific smell), Vale’s homemade glue fit the cannibalism lifestyle. Nothing goes to waste! Besides, hooves and horns couldn’t be eaten, so why not melt it down and turn those inedible remains into a useful material? Even if it ended up being used for a purely aesthetics enhancement to the Big Island.

And it was—at least to Vale—a lovely enhancement. Vale had been asking the cannibals to drop off their coconut crab exoskeletons in a pile right outside the cave system, right where the path through the forest to Main Beach began. The rhino would make a lovely landmark to show the way for individuals who had difficulty finding the path!

However, that was not what Vale had intended to make, and the raven was still beating xyr wings and huffing to xemself.

Xe jumped and took flight. As xe circled above, xe appraised xyr creation with a new perspective. But irritation still soured xyr voice.

“Okay, mayyyyyybe destroying this would be counterproductive and unnecessary. It does look cool! I kinda like it! Glad I didn’t make it BEFORE the eruption, haha!”

As Vale circled, the three-eyed raven cackled to xemself. Yeah. Now that xe wasn’t standing on the thing and appraising its tiniest flaws from close up, this statue looked okay! Maybe even a wee bit epic!

“YEAH OKAY IF SOMEONE DESTROYS IT I’M GONNA BE SO MAD!” Vale sighed dramatically. “THIS IS NOT A DISASTER! I REPEAT! NOT DISASTER! THIS IS AN ASTER! WOOT WOOT!”

// This thread satisfies prompt #1 of the CDC, so if you respond with your character for 500 words spread across 1-4 posts (1 post of 500 words, 2 posts of 250 words, ect), you can cross that square off for the CDC yourself! (:

Word Count: 522 / 500
CAUTERIZED AND ATROPHIED ★ THIS IS MY UNBECOMING ★ NOW I WAIT FOR THE