Beasts of Beyond
PRIVATE investigations, questions, what is the difference - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Descendants of the Departed (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: PRIVATE investigations, questions, what is the difference (/showthread.php?tid=18204)

investigations, questions, what is the difference - VALE - 06-26-2024

graphic gore ★ genderfluid ★ winged black mamba
The three-eyed raven circled over a rocky bit of coastline on Viper Island. Like the Big Island, Viper Island had obsidian; the beach below was black sand. While the rocky coast didn’t look like obsidian, there were plenty of other black volcanic stones. Vale just didn’t know the name of ‘em, since they tended to be less about stabby stabby. Vale thought the boulders looked like ‘lava rocks’ with the porous texture—and some mossy growths—that looked similar enough to the less swimmer-friendly stretches on the Big Island’s coast.

Vale circled. Silently. Unwilling to announce xyr presence. And not quite ready to touch xyr feetsies on the mossy coastal boulder, even without any snakes in sight.

Vale had not stepped paw nor feetsie on Viper Island. Serpents—especially tree climbing venomous serpents—tended to enjoy devouring birds. And Vale usually liked flying around as a bird! Hence, Vale hadn’t much interest in the island dominated by legless bird-eating idiots. Even if Viper Island was, all things considered, a massive piece of territory with its, well, actual mountainous (perhaps it had its own volcano?!) terrain and thriving rainforest.

Shame about the vipers. But now that Cherna had brought home a sentient viper from this weird lil slice off the Big Island? Vale wanted to investigate. Because, see, Vale was curious as hell and didn’t really mind dying. Xe’d already lost xyr birth body! What was another trip down psychedelic hell?

Vale circled down in a spiral. Then landed on a rock, bobbing xyr head to xemself as xe thought over this little trip. Maybe bringing ??? wasn’t the best idea for the whole, well, possibility of dying, but the weirdo seemed down with the plan? Not like the weirdo said anything. But, dammit, Vale believed the weirdo was sentient even if it wasn’t currently speaking. And how did you get a weirdo to become more sentient? Vale supposed force-feeding cool experiences into the weirdo’s brain wasn’t a bad solution to the “increase sentience” problem.

“Aye, feather friend,” Vale whispered. “Me? I’m double-checking. This is your last chance to turn back if you’re not down with risking your neck!”

Then, without really waiting for ???, since Vale assumed the birdbrain might need a bit to think on that… xe shook out xyr wings. Feathers shed from xyr torso and tail. The existing black wings remained, but the spine crackled and crunched. Elongation.

The black beak dropped from xyr face. Bounced off the boulder. And disappeared into the ocean.

The third eye in the center of xyr forehead popped out. Xe ate it with a cackle as xyr skull reformed to close that empty eye socket. “You staying? You gotta become a legless scalebelly friend!”

“Bahaha! Let’s see how them snake supremacy assholes like me now!” Vale cackled, but still whisper-volume spoke. Scales grew over Vale’s sludgy flesh until xe appeared like a normal black mamba… except for the beautiful black wings, and two red eyes.

With xyr left wing, xe gestured to the tropical rainforest a few meters away. “I’m good to go if you are, eh? Let’s investigate!”
CAUTERIZED AND ATROPHIED ★ THIS IS MY UNBECOMING ★ NOW I WAIT FOR THE