Beasts of Beyond
i'll swim down, would you? :: aesior - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: i'll swim down, would you? :: aesior (/showthread.php?tid=18059)

i'll swim down, would you? :: aesior - Zjarr - 08-14-2023

x
[div style="margin-bottom: 4px; height: auto; font-family: baskerville; font-size: 26px; letter-spacing: 3px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; color: black;"]OH LORD, DON'T LET ME
BE MISUNDERSTOOD
ACTIONS | "SPEAKING" | THINKING | TELEPATHY
// taking place before aesior is MIA

Zjarr had finished licking his wounds after the Typhoon's unexpected raid. He didn't exit the fight without his fair share of injuries, though he determined that none of them were serious enough to render him out of commission for too long. His muscles screamed as he moved, and he felt lethargic from tapping into much of his magical energy. His body wanted to slump down in its place and rest for ages, but his mind was wide awake.

The demon came home to an overwhelming number of questions, starting with the elephant in the room — why would the Typhoon do this in the first place? What had happened between the two clans while he was on the island? He needed time to get caught back up to speed on the mainland affairs. In the meantime, though, he could offer some better news for Aesior.

After a visit to a medic, Zjarr had spent the night in his old cottage in the Tanglewood town. Dust collected on the shelves from lack of use and cleaning, and the trinkets he had set out months ago still remained in their place, perfectly sound. Bottles of liquor sat where they always were, with a glass sitting out next to them. He drank that night, though he was too tired to push his limits as he often did. He only needed enough to get his mind off the pain that shot through his body when he moved, just enough to aid his slumber. Once in a while, he caught himself casting a glance in the room where his children once slept. Their makeshift beds were there still, empty and unmade. No one had been in the room in months. They grew up. They don't gotta stay if they don't wanna.

The resources he brought back from the island were delivered to his cottage, sitting down in the center of the house in a stack. It wasn't everything they harvested from the island; the haul merely served as a taste of what the new land could offer, but it would do for now.

When the sun made its way through the windows of the cottage, Zjarr stirred himself awake and pushed through the door, maneuvering himself to where he remembered Aesior making his residence in. He held his breath for a beat as he stood at the entrance. Would he even be here? He hadn't paid much attention to the Luminary during the battle and wasn't certain about his physical state afterwards. Regardless, it was worth a shot. If he wasn't here, he'd just go out looking for the feline. "Aes. Let's chat, if yer up for it."

bio — attack in [b]#f24b00[/b]
#psy.

Re: i'll swim down, would you? :: aesior - aesior - 08-15-2023

?'? ??? ????? ?? ??? ????? ?? ???? !
[table][tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
[div style="max-width: 800px; font-family: times new roman; color: #181000; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 2px; padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; max-height: 700px; overflow: auto"]
It had been a great many months since he'd last seen the husky, since he'd charged him with a task strange as it was in it's origin. Once they had won the island back from The Typhoon, he had tasked Zjarr with the duty of settling the wild land and setting up a farm upon it's grounds. It had just been ill-fated luck that led his groupmate back into Tanglewood's lands just as Sherbet led a surprise raid on Tanglewood - and on his birthday to boot.

After the raid had concluded, the Luminary had quite a bit on his mind, and of the lot of those things, there were few that he would or could burden his cohorts with. Not many would have heard the pirate captain's words when the duo had been locked in battle, and fewer yet would have heard his demands, and a confirmation of the tom cat's fears. Of the missing numbers, was one that he knew on a personal basis, a deeply personal basis, a man he could have considered his lover if he actually ever managed to stop him to talk and just confess.

A choked breath left the tom as he stood inside of his home, rage and pain building inside of his small form like an inferno, an inferno he could not hope to tame any time soon. He could already feel the damned presence of Thedes turning his attention back to him, back to the situation, the fallen God whispering in his ears, in his mind.

"You're so ... vibrant, right now, Child."
Enough, Traitor. Leave me be.
"Why would I do that? There is a growing fire inside of you, unlike what I've seen before in my many years. It's intriguing."
I know. I can feel it, Unnamed. Your words will not make it grow. You cannot sway me anymore.
"Are you so sure about that, Son of Abandonment? I know you better than you know yourself after all. Better than your dead husband and your children, better than the false God you now call Death in my place. You and I are on an intimate level of knowledge now, Sunflower."
Don't. Don't call me by that nickname. You don't have the fucking right, Golden Traitor. You can rot away my body and my mind but you can never rot away my memories of my family. Twist things as you may, I will not fall prey.
"Give it time, Little Grim. Give it time, and you will see all that I know .... It seems we have a visitor."

Sighing heavily as he finished the conversation with the other soul inhabiting his body, the mute gray tabby would turn around and pause, sniffing the air as he picked up on Zjarr's scent. He hadn't smelt that odor in quite some time. Limping over to the door of his painfully empty home, Aesior would reach up and open the door, adjusting the semi-transparent veil that covered his scarred throat from view, grateful for the shadows to cover the badly scarred portion of his face from view.

Looking up at the red toned husky, he took in the blacksmith for a moment before moving aside with a jerk of his head indoors. Right. They'd first met ages ago when he had been in this body, before Thedes had alerted him to his presence. Before the life he'd known here had gone to hell. Taking a breath that rattled in his lungs, the tom stood aside to let Zjarr in, a rough cough erupting from his throat as he turned away from letting him in, in search of his kettle. Pressing a paw to the cool metal, he drew forth from the well of power in his aching body and let his fire elemental so recently discovered emerge and warm the kettle to a boiling whistle within seconds, the scent of fresh tea filling the room.

Pulling two mugs from the pile of his washed dishes, the tom would turn towards Zjarr with a flick of his tail and gesture to the kettle, attempting to reach his mind and project the image of a mug of steaming tea to the other. He hoped one of the non-verbal questions would reach the husky, before gesturing his head to the piles of pillows and couch in the middle of his living room near the hearth, inviting him wordlessly to sit down. He had yet to figure out the husky's reason to visit his abode, mind too swamped with what he had to do in the aftermath of the raid; of the headcount, of the negotiations, of informing his hps of the decision he had to make, of what would be coming in the close future. He had too much to worry about, to begin to piece together the reasons for his return, or what it would mean for the swamplanders.

(The conversation between Thedes and Aesior is just in his head, just had muse for him lol)

[align=right][Image: 54341293_YnE1eyQJXw3O9Bw.gif]
pixel © mintberry
[/td][/tr][/table]
luminary of tanglewood | grim | penned by teef
code © teef

Re: i'll swim down, would you? :: aesior - Zjarr - 08-15-2023

x
[div style="margin-bottom: 4px; height: auto; font-family: baskerville; font-size: 26px; letter-spacing: 3px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; color: black;"]OH LORD, DON'T LET ME
BE MISUNDERSTOOD
ACTIONS | "SPEAKING" | THINKING | TELEPATHY
To his relief, the door eventually opened, revealing the feline he had sought out. Zjarr's vision locked onto the veil that obscured Aesior's throat for a fleeting moment before moving up to meet the other's own green-gray eyes. He was battered, bruised, torn up, but he was alive. That was about as good as it could get in this place with all elements considered.

The larger male dipped his head in regards to the feline as he made his way into the room, shutting the door behind him as he did. For a second, the fact that the Luminary was mute had all but slipped from his mind, and he was puzzled by the lack of verbal communication from the other. So much has happened, and yet you say nothing? An intrusive image of a warm mug of tea appeared in his head as he watched the leader maneuver to his tea kettle and produce two clean mugs. He flicked an ear at this; he didn't particularly enjoy when such magic was used on him, but he supposed there were some exceptions he could make. It was something he could accept given that it was likely Aesior's best form of communication at the time.

"Uh, sure, sure, yeah. That'd be nice," Zjarr said. Taking note of Aesior's gestures towards the living room, he made his way over and sat himself on a larger pillow that would lay on the ground. He wasn't sure if Aesior was a couch or pillow kind of guy, but he preferred to err on the side of caution.

Given the obstacle they had faced via the Typhoon raid, perhaps it was more suitable to begin the conversation with some better news. "I'll start with the island," he said. "Things're goin' very well over there. We still have some Tanglers runnin' things. I only brought a few back to transport some goods, which're in my house for now." Zjarr released the deep breath he had been holding. "We ended up buildin' a barn, a silo, 'n' a few pens on the island. Nothin' huge given that there ain't too much manpower, but enough to establish a small farm and base'a operations for workin' the land. Some folks raised a few lil' cabins for themselves, but that was on their own time with their own resources. We managed to get some wheat grown, as well as oats 'n' barley. There were a few fruit trees on the island, but we ain't start doin' anythin' with 'em yet. On the other hand, though, we got a few wild boars under our thumb. They ain't monsters or nothin', pretty small guys with all things considered, but they're a good size for easy domestication. That's where the pens came in. Could be a nice supply for our carnivorous folk." A.K.A. most of us...all of us. The boars they had tamed were not at all impressive in size, nor were there many of them, but they were small enough for the group to attempt to domesticate them with fewer issues. Besides, some selective breeding down the line, and their next generation could end up quite fat for the Tanglers.

"We ain't run into many problems with things. Maybe some shitty weather, but we manage. I'd count it as a success in my book, I dunno 'bout you," the canine concluded, sitting up a bit taller as he spoke. His eyes were fixated on Aesior, wondering what he thought about their — his — progress with the island expedition. Surely the establishment of a new food supply in such tumultuous times would be worthy of some notice.

Zjarr waited a moment, allowing for all of the information he communicated to sink in for the Luminary. There were a multitude of details to process. When he felt enough time had passed, he would move on to the next, more glaring, subject. "Well, I've said my share'a things. Yer turn now. Y'know what the hell...that was?" He gestured towards the door in the direction of where their battle once was. Considering his exasperated tone, it was quite obvious what the topic at hand happened to be.

bio — attack in [b]#f24b00[/b]
#psy.