Beasts of Beyond
One day when we're older || rejoining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: One day when we're older || rejoining (/showthread.php?tid=18051)

One day when we're older || rejoining - Keokie Flokie - 07-14-2023

When Keokie was young, he was such a simple child. He wanted someone to play with him. He desired the attention, one could say, but at the same time he grew tired of it too and wanted his own time to play his own imaginary games.

The biggest thing that would occur is his father seeming to leave a lot, go campaign and start war with places. All the child wanted to do was bring him home, the days growing boring and missing his father.

He didn't know he would get lost. His own scent would be blown away and covered by a terrifying storm. He'd hide under the roots of a tree as it creaked and groaned above him. The lightning that cracked across the sky, and the thunder that rumbled made his heart slam against his chest.

He had thought once the storm cleared, that he was going the right direction. But the direction was unclear. Days turned to nights. His belly hurt and rumbled. A rogue that came across Keokie was more than willing to help him learn to gather food. But she did not know where to help the boy get home. So his belly would no longer rumble, and he could now have the basic information to hunt for himself and navigate where he's been better.

But it wasn't necessarily enough. For once she left, the cookies and cream cat would feel the bitter treatment of loneliness. Why would he leave his home? Even if he was looking for Sherbet.

--------

His memories were distant. To remember his clan and their names were nearly impossible at this point. Why he left was long gone.

"Who's there?"

The voice was unfamiliar, and his ears perks before amber eyes cast a questioning stare to the stranger. "Just me," he responded, cocking an eyebrow. "I am Keokie."

"Keokie..." she mumbled something he could not hear. "Who are ya talking with?"

He was, and quite enjoying the hypotheticals in his head, but he wouldn't mind the presence of another. He was settled in his makeshift den, two slabs of rocks with a small fire, and some moss bedding layered to make his bed. It wasn't anything stable, but it would work. "Uh, Myself?" His tone was confused.

The stranger shrugged her shoulders. She had a broad frame, what appeared to be a long mane, braided and entwined and twisted with feathers and beads. She was golden furred, with black stripes, and several golden piercings on her ears.

Her entire vibe reminded him of pirate. "Where do ya fare from?" She asked, helping herself to settle on her haunches and invade his time. It was fine, thought the fact she didn't ask made it a little uncouth.

"You probably haven't heard of it," he responded, and the tiger tilted her head. He had a realization, that her eyes were faded, and staring off in the distance but not him. No, she was blind and it started to make sense to the male.

"Hit me," she said, and the comment made him jolt. "With the possibility I may know." She laughed, a heart laugh as her paw held her chest realizing why he didn't respond quick enough.

"The typhoon," he said rather quietly. Although he may not remember names, he grasped on to the location, having been searching for it.

Her reaction startled him. "Been there, seen that!" The joke she made to herself must've made her laugh, and a small chuckle came from him as a large paw hit his back. "See it's so funny because I can't see." Just confirming his own realizations.

"Wait- You know where it is??" He asked, shooting to his paws.

"Of course I do! I'm from the Pitts!"

Keokie would be more than excited. And soon enough she would lead him. It was several days, and although the tiger was blind, she had many stories to tell, and kept the days from feeling long. She could even hunt, which surprised him but also didn't.

And quicker than he could've imagined, He would be on the border. And he would hug her in glee at the fact a blind women could navigate the world, and he couldn't. But she was a life saver, and he owed her. Though she cast it aside and laughed, he still felt inclined to pay her back one day.

But now at the border of the Typhoon, he would wait. Though he wanted to run, who knows if they even remembered him. If Sherbet was even alive, who was still there and alive. So he would wait as not to get attacked by being unrecognized.

Re: One day when we're older || rejoining - vinicius - 08-12-2023

" AND I WOKE UP TO THE SUNRISE! I WOKE UP TO YOUR GOODBYES! "

The child's scent was not one that the siren recognized, but he swore he'd seen the child around. Maybe not the child but the parent perhaps? Tipping his head as the wolf approached the border, his nose to the ground, tracking for a colorful bird he'd seen hopping around in a few different places. Quiet as his paws now were, he was intent in his tracking, unaware of another in the vicinity until the deaf creature lifted his head and happened to gaze across the expanse and lay eyes on Keokie. Stilling in his trek, the wolf-like animal sniffed in the cat's direction with a curious growl issuing from him as he slowly lifted a paw to step forward. Just what was this creature? Laying his ears down he fixed the cat with a quizzical expression on his maw, ears lifting as he stepped past the hindering growth on the ground, his hunt forgotten.

This kitten did in some part resemble Sherbet, his Captain as it was. Were there more icecream cats out there? It was a possibility after all, there had been smaller ones around the camp. Huffing a soft breath, he issued a playful sound in the other's direction and dropped into a playful bowlo, tail wagging. He couldn't talk but maybe body language would be enough.
[align=center][Image: 64798221_OjocCRdDaVBs0np.gif]