Beasts of Beyond
IT'S ONLY MY ECHO 乂 baking + drinks - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Coalition of the Condemned (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: IT'S ONLY MY ECHO 乂 baking + drinks (/showthread.php?tid=18010)

IT'S ONLY MY ECHO 乂 baking + drinks - merlin - 04-28-2023

[table][tr][td]
[/td]
[td]CUTTING THAT BRANCH OFF THE CHERRY TREE
[color=#A87F8A]"Oh, where did I put it!?"

Her voice echoed around the cave she had set up shop within. The crackle and pop of fresh firewood filled the air, the scent of broken eggs following after. In her rush, the calico molly had accidentally dropped an egg from her small basket, exasperation on her face. She felt so frustrated, so useless in so many ways she couldn't count them all on her paws.

So much had happened, so many people had left her life, she had lost so many people she cherished. What had she gained for it? The feelings were bubbling up inside in a volatile tangle, not unlike a soda bottle about to erupt. Fluffy tail lashing behind the scarred up former knight, her paws dancing around the broken egg shell and yolk, tears blurring her vision as she struggled to control herself. It would be alright. She could it in. She had to.

Lifting her head to the sky, or rather, roof of her cave, Merlin would take a few deep breaths as she listened to her fire crackle. It was okay. She had friends who needed her, and she so deeply needed them. Things were carrying on, life was happening and she had to keep up with it. Sitting on her haunches, the molly pushed her paws over her face, pushing back her fur from her face, touching the nimble braids that held back a bunch of her most offending fur. Inhaling she slapped her furry cheeks and opened ruby-red eyes with a huff of breath.

Breaking into a song she hadn't heard in ages, pulling the sound and lyrics from her memory, from when she had been a kitten years ago and her mother had sung the song to her. Now that she thought about the lyrics, she wondered if everything had been alright with her parents, "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are gray.
You'll never know dear, how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away~
"
she hummed as she calmed herself down, coming back to a state of calm. It was what she could do that she had to focus on. Romulus was still alive and healing, Byriath had made it home, Plexus was here and needed her shoulder. She'd sworn to help the Coalition when she'd arrived.

Picking up her basket again, the thick furred molly shook her head and headed out to the clearing and called out, "Hey! I'm gonna bake some cookies and muffins! Does anybody wanna give me a paw? I'd be happy to teach anyone, you'll even get to take them home after! I just need some help getting some more eggs - any kind will do! I've also got some drinks for the adults and juice for the youngsters!" Looking down, she breathed in and out, sifting her paws through her basket. Flour. She was going to need more for her plans but it was easy enough, she knew where to find more. She was most concerned about her cookies were going to turn out, she had a few recipes she wanted to try.

But she had a secret she didn't want too many people to know. She still couldn't smell a whole lot of anything. She needed the extra hand with baking if only for the use of another's olfactory senses.[/td][/tr][/table]
( 乂 ) SINGING THIS WILL BE MY VICTORY | @ teef
@ teef

Re: IT'S ONLY MY ECHO 乂 baking + drinks - Romulus - 05-01-2023

[Image: 41450132_oCTyo4kdcSATJIk.gif]
ROMULUS MALUS - KINGPIN - COTC
Oh, how he loved the smell of fresh baked goodies. It seemed that Merlin had learned his tastes and catered to him more every day. No wonder they exchanged jewelry and proclaimed their love for one another. They were alike in many ways, including their passion for one another. Romantically, Romulus could not have imagined himself in such a pleasant situation, yet here he was. Life just happens to work in mysterious ways, didn't it?

The scent of the fire caught his attention first, then did the singing. For a moment, he remained in the shadows listening carefully. The song was oh-so familiar to him, one sung by many mothers and fathers across both the islands and the mainland as a way of embracing their child. For a moment, it stung though. It reminded him of those he lost. Stryker, Ninazu, Diego, Saturn, Sojourn, and more... Why did their light have to fade away? Why did the skies have to go grey? Even so, the light always returned eventually, didn't it? Romulus contemplated the thought momentarily, grief striking a nerve, before letting himself move forward. Too many had left them lately...

His bulky figure rounded the corner as his partner called out for help. Romulus, obviously, felt obliged to help. "Perhaps I can be of assistance," he suggested with a dorky smirk. "How many more eggs do you need?" For a moment, he held his tongue. Romulus knew exactly what she meant. Chicken or duck eggs, preferably, but he still wanted to make a point. With his front paws splayed out, he held up an invisible ruler. "I suppose more like an amount in size... I don't want to grab an ostrich or fish egg." He adjusted his paws as he spoke to the eggs' sizes. The kingpin cockily raised his browline to question her. Only he would think of such a thing...

Figuring he made his point though, he let his paws drop back down to the floor. "Or, if you don't want me walking around-" Due to his injury. Everyone seemed to press him for being out of the guru sanctuary lately. "-I can gladly assist in mixing." Whatever she wanted, he would do. Craning his head, he awaited her orders.