Beasts of Beyond
EVEN FOR THE GOOD, A NOBLE // Romulus - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Coalition of the Condemned (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: EVEN FOR THE GOOD, A NOBLE // Romulus (/showthread.php?tid=17965)

EVEN FOR THE GOOD, A NOBLE // Romulus - Byriath - 03-26-2023

[
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
ONLY SCARS REMAIN OF WHO I WAS!
The Vicar had only been home for a a week or two, locked away in his own home, coming to terms with everything he had rediscovered. His two remaining children had been wary, at first, but he promised to never harm them. Even so, he saw how Theseus watched him in the doorway, all wide-eyed and terrified.

Emerging from his home, the sunlight hitting his mane and giving it life as he marched. It was hardly ever a walk anymore. It was a methodical, slow-paced March toward a goal. And that goal, for now, was to speak with Romulus.

His rigid form halted by the guru's sanctuary, his head peering in. "Romulus. Are you resting?" considering the Kingpin was starting to walk around, he could be anywhere.

[member=16801]ROMULUS MALUS[/member]
BYRIATH-COALITION-FALLEN GOD OF VIOLENCE, CRUELTY, AND MALICE
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: EVEN FOR THE GOOD, A NOBLE // Romulus - Romulus - 03-27-2023

[Image: 41450132_oCTyo4kdcSATJIk.gif]
ROMULUS MALUS - KINGPIN - COTC
The past week had been a significant time for Romulus' healing. He was back on his feet and talking, though with some trouble, despite the advisory of the medical experts in the group. At this point, the kingpin was more concerned with the animals around him, rather than himself. He had cared for Romulus Malus enough. It was time to focus on others and give back to the community that supported his downtime.

Even so, he did need to rest every now and then. Today was no different, leaving him to rest his head on the pile of furs that the guru's sanctuary had. His paws and tail were tucked neatly under his chest, all warm and cozy. For the first time in awhile, the lion was experiencing a moment of quiet peace within the guru's sanctuary. No one was asking 'how are you?' or 'when is the next meeting?'... It was momentary bliss. Romulus was even beginning to fall asleep and started to sink into the soft, prickling hairs of the fur below.

His eyes cracked open slightly at the sound of a familiar being. Romulus, knowing his vicar wouldn't mind, answered honestly. "Yes," he lightly chided. His paws shuffled out from underneath his chest and pushed away the furs that surrounded him. "I'll get up." The kingpin always had time for others, even if it was detrimental. Byriath, though, was someone he'd always appreciate and welcome with open arms at any time though. They were brothers in arms, weren't they?

Coming to all fours, the lion stretched and shook himself out with a wide yawn. Tired eyes looked over at the head that poked in through the doorway. "What do you need, brother?" He assumed they needed to talk, but asked just in case. Romulus had a few things to figure out with his vicar too, considering the new enemy before them. He wanted to let the other process their emotions first before making any rash decisions, hence why he held off on talking to Byriath urgently. Thankfully, they came to Romulus in time. 

Re: EVEN FOR THE GOOD, A NOBLE // Romulus - Byriath - 03-27-2023

[
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
As Romulus spoke, the Vicar made his way inside. He was silent in doing so, allowing his brother to speak. The swirling markings on his shoulders glowed gently, possibly tied to his stress, but he ignored them. Instead, his glowing eyes looked at Romulus. Right to the point. "We have things to discuss. I hope that is alright -- I do not wish to put more stress on you." His wording was concise, punctual. Nothing like how he was before it all went down.

Deep down, the beast hoped and begged into the abyss that Romulus would be okay with what Byriath was about to lay before him.
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: EVEN FOR THE GOOD, A NOBLE // Romulus - Romulus - 04-07-2023

Romulus' locked eyes with the other as his vicar's gaze looked at him. He wavered in on his four legs as he listened to the other's request, only to nod at the end of Byriath's proposal. They did have things they both needed to discuss. The lion had thoughts of his own and actions that he needed to execute in order to satisfy a deep rage, something he had never indulged in before. Usually logical and slow to react, the loss of his brother and colleagues had sparked something different in him. The Coalition of the Condemned needed to act. Hopefully, with Romulus' lead, they would not be sloppy in their retaliation.

Pulling away from the doorway of the guru's sanctuary, he gestured his tail inwards. "Come on in," he replied. Romulus turned away momentarily and meandered over to the pile of furs, plopping down in succession. He adjusted his pained body to position itself towards Byriath and then craned his head. The leader looked up at the other lion and offered a gesture of his paw, allowing the other to sit parallel to him.

Romulus was sure they had the same idea of retaliation in mind, though varying in degrees of how it was executed. Thus, he spoke. "You first," came his soft voice.

Re: EVEN FOR THE GOOD, A NOBLE // Romulus - Byriath - 04-07-2023

[
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
He followed without hesitation, and stood when Romulus layed down. Even when the other beckoned him to sit, he waited before doing so. For a moment, he didn't feel real. The entire scenario didn't feel real. Perhaps it was what he was about to bring down on the man, or if he was finally coming to terms with what had happened. Either way, he was silent for a long moment before he finally spoke up. "We both know The Coalition needs to act."

"But before that, there is something you need to know," He looked at his own paws, his own, vicious, life rending claws. "About me." He let out a shaky breath, then looked back to meet Romulus' gaze. "I am a God. A God of Evil things. War, Violence." It felt like a weight was lifted, but still his legs trembled slightly. "I do not die as simply as mortals such as yourself. Such as Saturn, and Diego. My soul is immortal, it continues."

"I am, by nature, Evil. Destructive, cruel. When I joined this group, years ago, I was still this evil, vile thing. I ousted my Nature, my very being, for Saturn. I became something I wasn't." He relished in the memories, the flowers, the night. But he could feel the anger rise in him. "Losing Saturn brought me back to my reality. My Nature. My anger is fueled by the loss of them, and Diego, and the others. My rage has been hiding for far too long."

He fell silent, looking for anything from Romulus. And he looked away. "With all that being said, how do you want to go about this. I do not remember where this group's territory is, if it is on the island or on a separate one."
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: EVEN FOR THE GOOD, A NOBLE // Romulus - Romulus - 05-01-2023

The lion sighed as Byriath first spoke. Yes, the Coalition of the Condemned did need to act. Romulus was a man of strict neutrality, but when his group was being sacrificed and attacked under the guise of worship, then he needed to make a move. His head hung momentarily, but redirected upwards at the other continued to speak. He did not expect Byriath to delve into another topic, yet something seemed important. What could it be? Uncharacteristically, the leader had no clue. With his head craned, he listened curiously.

A god?

For a moment, he let the other's words soak in as he sat quietly. Romulus was not a man that relied on religion. In fact, he was not sure where the deceased were. His parents and siblings were out there somewhere, but where? Was there several heavens, multiple hells, or a place for all? He, in truth, was unsure. The uncertainty scared him, especially after his recent tango with death. Many questions came to mind. Did he ask them? Should he ask them? The lion, usually wanting to know everything, felt put off by asking about the state of mortality. His silence spoke volumes.

Deep within his mind, his tail grew still. His head started to hang low into his chest as he sorted out everything inside his mind. The idea of Byriath being some cruel God almost flew over his head. He could not imagine someone he considered his brother as 'this evil, vile thing.' Romulus knew that animals had the capability to change, but a God? A God that existed before him? Now, that was something to consider.

Romulus' head rose back up. He had finalized his thoughts. The lion's hard gaze looked the other up and down before speaking. "Unless you are manipulating me, you are no source of evil," he concluded. The pain in his throat was beginning to itch, but he kept speaking. "You found yourself a home, a family, and a place to lie your head. You have changed. Do not let your past inhibitions take control of you..." The kingpin narrowed his slitted gaze.

"Except now."

The rage that Byriath held was justifiable. Romulus, though appearing calm, had managed to turn his own anger into motivation and a way to push himself forward. If Byriath could do something similar, then they could put their heads together and disassemble the Descendants of the Departed. "Use your rage as a stimulant," he ordered roughly. "Find that island. Under no circumstances do I want you, or anyone else, coming up empty handed." The lion wanted answers. All he needed was a guide and he would lay out the law to their enemy. The solution would come with some rough edges, but it would avenge the dead and satisfy those who held rage within.

Demanding and strict, Romulus wanted compliance. For once in his reign, he did not ask, but he ordered his animals to work. Byriath had to understand why... or at least he thought so. "Do you understand me?" he questioned bluntly.

Any stepping out of bounds by the God of War would result in Romulus' own rage coming out for sure. Brother or not, the lion was at his wits end. This news only had him questioning his worldview further.