Beasts of Beyond
seconds to silence || MEETING - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Coalition of the Condemned (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: seconds to silence || MEETING (/showthread.php?tid=17854)

seconds to silence || MEETING - Romulus - 03-01-2023

[Retro to disappearances + permission to assume Byriath's mind reading. Please do not have your character know these announcements till Byriath speaks about them.]

Stuck in his head and unable to speak, Romulus had one simple request for the man who could read his mind.

'Call a meeting, please.'

The lion had many ideas flowing through in his head. Some to be executed, others to be kept for later. His close call had made him realize the things he took for granted and that his strive for neutrality did not always meant others wanted thr same. Thus, some changes needed to be made. Byriath would be his voice of change.

With some assistance, the weak kingpin had maneuvered over to the Guru Sanctuary's entrance against Plexus' wishes. He was loosely laid down with his head hanging low and eyes wearily staring. There was not much else he could do. He was too tired... too weak... Romulus, in truth, felt useless. Hopefully, with Byriath's help, he could feel the opposite by commanding his wanderers to do the right thing.

When Byriath called out for a meeting, he started to relay information to the other through the other feline's mind reading abilities. Byriath, later on, would then repeat what he said to the rest.

'Coalition of the Condemned, Byriath speaks for me today.

Do not blame yourselves for my command. I left me to fend for myself on the battlefield and commanded you to leave. My downfall is no one's fault, only of my own. I should have confided in you all and trusted you to behave yourselves, but my desire to keep you away from the battle led me, along with all, to a pit. I want to change that.

Today, we no longer run in fear from the struggle.

After contemplation, I fear that our pacifism has brought us to a standstill. While, we will remain neutral, but we need to be preventative in our actions, rather than trusting. With that in mind, I want to bring forth some changes to the Coalition of the Condemned that will protect us from our future enemies.

We will be strengthening our borders. Malus flytraps, named after my father's ferocity, will be moved towards the borders as a inhibitory measure. Please, with that in mind, I would like to someone to step up to take seedlings from the greenhouse and moving them. Anyone with earthly powers, please also summon some if you have the energy. As for the adults flytraps near the treetops, leave the majority of them in their place. If you dare, someone can move a few of the adults also, but
please be careful.

I would also like to organize and restock the Contraband Shanty, although it's not so much contraband anymore. With materials we have on the island, such as rare fruits and seeds, I'd like for ambassadors to head out towards their assigned clans and attempt to trade for materials to make weaponry. As a reminder, this means [member=17479]Byriath[/member] will be heading to Tanglewood and [member=18044]INFERNO CIPHER-VANTAS[/member] to The Typhoon. The Pitt... Well... That's open to whoever wishes to step up. Other groups are also up for grabs.

Speaking of ambassadors, with Ninazu's inactivity, we need someone to take over an ambassadorship for The Pitt. Along with that, new warlords. I will be keeping an eye out for those who are applicable for the position. Is anyone interested? You are more than welcome to interject if you are.

If possible, I'd like for someone to help [member=16278]PLEXUS[/member] out with finding herbs for the Guru's Sanctuary. They have used a generous amount of them lately, especially on me, and are in need of some help around here. Maybe even an apprentice in the future...

As for other changes, I'd like to start cleaning out some of the closed off caves. While once forbidden, our small group has grown large. We need the space, quite simply. Whether this is for materials or to used as homes, I have not quite decided yet. For now, they'll remain as storage though.

With everything going on though, I would like to at least start trading more often with our allies and neutrals. After the tropical storm, though I did not announce it, I started something known as the 'communal inventory.' This is where we will be storing items we wish to share with everyone, probably in one of the cleaned out caves. You are more than welcome to donate items you've created, hunted, scavenged, quested for, and more to the pile. Remember, what you donate is free for the taking.

I would also like to begin setting up trading posts and shops on the southern island's clearing. You are also free to set up a place to offer services when we start building too. If you'd like to advertise your shop, please post your info for your shop on the area's bulletin board. I will be setting up my jewelry and book shop when I recover.

I would also like to announce the exile of [member=23695]Gerald[/member]. He removed a dear friend's wings and attempted to frame another wanderer for his actions. Do with him as you please. Deposit him into the sea, throw him into the neutral lands, I do not care. Any further sightings of him will result in his execution.

Does anyone have any questions? Again, please step up if you can. I need all paws to help out currently, as I cannot.'

Romulus took a few deep breaths and allowed his mind to stop rushing. He could not allow Byriath to speak for any longer or else the other feline would surely lose their voice. Instead, he allowed for some simple parting words to end things.

'Thank you for being supportive of me. I could not do this without everyone here.

The lion could no longer burden himself with all the responsibilities of the group. Instead, he allowed for them to take the reigns for awhile while he recovered. With nothing more to say mentally, he let his head slump down into his paws. Expectant purple eyes stared out at those who were beginning to gather, waiting for Byriath to speak.

[Announcements in order:
— Malus flytraps are being added to the borders for defensive purposes. Romulus needs multiple members to move seedlings, adults, or summon malus flytraps to the border.
— Members are being tasked to restock the contraband shanty.
— [member=17479]Byriath[/member] and [member=18044]INFERNO CIPHER-VANTAS[/member] need to visit their ambassadors with COTC goods to trade for weaponry.
— The Pitt's ambassadorship is open. Apply here.
— Ninazu has been inactive and has been demoted from warlord.
— Romulus is looking for warlords.
— The kingpin is requesting for someone to assist [member=16278]PLEXUS[/member] with finding herbs. He also hints towards a future apprentice for them.
— Forbidden caves are going to start being cleaned out. Some will remain, but most will become storage or future homes.
— The communal inventory is finally announced. The communal inventory is being used to track whatever items are within the group, such as what is within the Contrabandy Shanty or the Guru Sanctuary. I would like to request that any items given during trading, herb finding, and clearing caves are added to the communal inventory by applying here.
— Shops, whether for items or services, are being introduced. Want to run a shop? Make a thread within the OOC board and apply here to have it added to the public shop list.
— Gerald has been exiled for harming Zuriela and framing Agrimony for the maiming.
— I would encourage everyone to get a quest from the communal inventory topic. This would allow for more things to be added to the inventory for everyone to use! It'll help with future plots too, along with a future site trading system. Wink]

Re: seconds to silence || MEETING - Conrad Clyde - 03-03-2023

They were both thinking the same thing. How was a man who was mute going to talk? Conrad and Clyde, having no powers themselves, knew not of Byriath's mental manipulation. Instead, they figured Romulus was going to write on a very large notepad or something. The thought was kept between them as they approached silently. The rabbit, though smiling, dreaded this meeting. Meanwhile, the wolf showed his clear displeasure with a frown upon his maw.

To keep things light though, they exchanged their theories back and forth between them as they waited for the announcements. Mind reading was too 'unrealistic' for the two idiots, despite it not being far from the truth.
"CONRAD SPEAKING" + "CLYDE SPEAKING"

Re: seconds to silence || MEETING - natasha - 03-04-2023

NATASHA
[table][tr]
[td]
The macaque slowly walked in. She was weighed down by worry, and its heaviness pressed her shoulders down and curved her spine. She'd come to care for the animals in the Coalition--how couldn't she, when she was trying so hard to make this her home?--and Romulus's condition would surely herald in bad times for everyone.

macaque - she/her - wears red elk cloak
[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
template by orion

Re: seconds to silence || MEETING - Byriath - 03-07-2023

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
WHERE'S THE PRIDE WHEN WE NEEDED IT?
The beast stood next to his kingpin, tall enough for the both of them. And he waited until enough people had arrived before relaying the message.

'Coalition of the Condemned, Byriath speaks for me today.

Do not blame yourselves for my command. I left me to fend for myself on the battlefield and commanded you to leave. My downfall is no one's fault, only of my own. I should have confided in you all and trusted you to behave yourselves, but my desire to keep you away from the battle led me, along with all, to a pit. I want to change that.

Today, we no longer run in fear from the struggle.

After contemplation, I fear that our pacifism has brought us to a standstill. While, we will remain neutral, but we need to be preventative in our actions, rather than trusting. With that in mind, I want to bring forth some changes to the Coalition of the Condemned that will protect us from our future enemies.

We will be strengthening our borders. Malus flytraps, named after my father's ferocity, will be moved towards the borders as a inhibitory measure. Please, with that in mind, I would like to someone to step up to take seedlings from the greenhouse and moving them. Anyone with earthly powers, please also summon some if you have the energy. As for the adults flytraps near the treetops, leave the majority of them in their place. If you dare, someone can move a few of the adults also, but[/i] please [i]be careful.

I would also like to organize and restock the Contraband Shanty, although it's not so much contraband anymore. With materials we have on the island, such as rare fruits and seeds, I'd like for ambassadors to head out towards their assigned clans and attempt to trade for materials to make weaponry. As a reminder, this means [member=17479]Byriath[/member] will be heading to Tanglewood and [member=18044]INFERNO CIPHER-VANTAS[/member] to The Typhoon. The Pitt... Well... That's open to whoever wishes to step up. Other groups are also up for grabs.

Speaking of ambassadors, with Ninazu's inactivity, we need someone to take over an ambassadorship for The Pitt. Along with that, new warlords. I will be keeping an eye out for those who are applicable for the position. Is anyone interested? You are more than welcome to interject if you are.

If possible, I'd like for someone to help [member=16278]PLEXUS[/member] out with finding herbs for the Guru's Sanctuary. They have used a generous amount of them lately, especially on me, and are in need of some help around here. Maybe even an apprentice in the future...

As for other changes, I'd like to start cleaning out some of the closed off caves. While once forbidden, our small group has grown large. We need the space, quite simply. Whether this is for materials or to used as homes, I have not quite decided yet. For now, they'll remain as storage though.

With everything going on though, I would like to at least start trading more often with our allies and neutrals. After the tropical storm, though I did not announce it, I started something known as the 'communal inventory.' This is where we will be storing items we wish to share with everyone, probably in one of the cleaned out caves. You are more than welcome to donate items you've created, hunted, scavenged, quested for, and more to the pile. Remember, what you donate is free for the taking.

I would also like to begin setting up trading posts and shops on the southern island's clearing. You are also free to set up a place to offer services when we start building too. If you'd like to advertise your shop, please post your info for your shop on the area's bulletin board. I will be setting up my jewelry and book shop when I recover.

I would also like to announce the exile of [member=23695]Gerald[/member]. He removed a dear friend's wings and attempted to frame another wanderer for his actions. Do with him as you please. Deposit him into the sea, throw him into the neutral lands, I do not care. Any further sightings of him will result in his execution.

Does anyone have any questions? Again, please step up if you can. I need all paws to help out currently, as I cannot."

The step-in speaker was silent for a moment, then finished with, "He thanks you all for being supportive."
BYRIATH-COALITION-FALLEN GOD OF VIOLENCE, CRUELTY, AND MALICE
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: seconds to silence || MEETING - INFERNO CIPHER-VANTAS - 03-08-2023

[align=center][div style="width: 45%; text-align: justify; font-size: 12pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: times new roman;"]♡ —  ɪɴꜰᴇʀɴᴏ | ꜱᴄᴀʀᴇᴄʀᴏᴡ ᴇꜰꜰᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ʙᴀʙʏ | ᴄɪᴘʜᴇʀ-ᴠᴀɴᴛᴀꜱ | ʙɪᴏ

ɪᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ | ɪᴄ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴꜱ

she remembered the malus flytraps and the power they posessed. she remembered sojourn, taking her out into the forest to play amongst the flytraps. she watched romulus' feeble form, byriath towering over her uncle, stoic in expression and sombre in tone of voice, and listened with a grim expression. the female waited for the speeches to be over, lobes pricking at the mention of warlords. the growl that burst from her maw was hopefully echoed by some as they talked about the exile of gerald. that bastard, framing her partner, his own son.
she was talked about, by name, to go to to the typhoon to see if she could trade for anything. a  dip of the head, she pushed herself up from her haunches as the speeches was over and padded over to the pair, casting a worried, lingering glance at her uncle before addressing them both. "i would like to put my interest forward as warlord. i know i have done things in the past that cause you not to trust me, and i have no explanation for why, but.." she took a deep, quivering breath, the lack of nourishment in the past few days catching up to her, rendering her short of breath. "i would like to put my interest forward. and please, let me help out with the malus flytraps. i may not have any experience with earth powers, but i am friends with them. and uncle," concern laced her optics as she turned to face him. "i really hope you get better quickly. you have worried me, and i lave let my health suffer because of it. i am sorry."

ᴏᴄ ᴛᴇxᴛ!

"ꜱᴘᴇᴇᴄʜ"

Re: seconds to silence || MEETING - natasha - 03-08-2023

NATASHA
[table][tr]
[td]
The macaque grimaced. Things were getting difficult, weren't they? Like hell she was going to volunteer to trade with the Pitt. "I'll help with taking flytrap and pitcher seeds from the greenhouse to plant on territory's entrances and exits." Like hell she knew how to garden, but those plants were invasive as fuck, so she doubted it would be terribly difficult to get the seeds going once they found soil. They grew in trees for fuck's sake, that's pretty easy to throw around, and--as a macaque--she traversed trees easier than most species.

"I'll advertise my tailor shop later, but I'm good with needle and thread, so if you need a cloak--or armor--I'm here!"

// ooc note -- ninazu is not inactive, she died before/during the timeskip
macaque - she/her - wears red elk cloak
[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
template by orion

Re: seconds to silence || MEETING - Agrimony - 03-09-2023

The stallion heard the words of Byriath as he came up. Standing there and letting his eyes flick to the gathered. He looked down at Inferno casually. Then back up silently. Eyes narrowing at the mention of Gerald. He was glad that guy was gone.

---

Bellaluna came over and took a spot near the rest. The mention of a need for someone to visit the pitt made her answer a moment later. "I can take the pitt on if you wish it." The okapi offered in that tender and gentle voice.

---

Bonny was new but she came up anyways. Sitting near the rest and tilting her head. Tail wagging slightly. She was sure a shop would be a great place to find new goodies. So, she watched silently. Listening at shops that were mentioned.

---

Bybsath came up and settled at the back. Body ever shifting as it listened. Turning into a lion for a short time. Eyes never leaving Rom as it was focused.

---

Diesie was there without his mother. The young zebra settling at the back to watch and listen.

---

Jelloshots came up next and took a seat. Ears flicking as the hybrid watched the others. Silent as she took everything in.

---

Neonlove came up and sat at the back. He was worried about the missing people and his hurt mother. Everything was worrying him lately and he was not sure what he could do.

---

Nesraa came over slowly. Saturn's necklace hanging from her neck and tears in her eyes as she collapsed near Bella. She hoped that Plexus was right. That mother and father would be found.

---

Silentstep came up and settled in. Tuwile hanging onto her as she watched. Waspsting flitting over to land on her.

---

Zuriela listened silently as she forced herself to come up. Collapsing near the others and closing her eyes. What was happening lately?

actions | "speech" | attacking
? its the moment to live and the moment to die

//using one fancy to post everyone here. Bare with me