Beasts of Beyond
mother can you hear me ;; aesior - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Neutral Grounds (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Forum: Private Rendezvous (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: mother can you hear me ;; aesior (/showthread.php?tid=17824)

mother can you hear me ;; aesior - tanglewoodian - 02-21-2023

the woman was not to far from her home. then again, she never was. she was not a social butterfly by any means. in fact, if no one ever spoke to her she would be just fine. not like her family in that way, but she was hardly like them. she had a foul temper and was harsher than her mother or siblings. to her, an eye for an eye was valid.

the war did not phase her, because it was justified. her home was being stolen and she refused to let that slide. did she go to battle? no, but she would have loved to. she just refused to sail in large crowds. she was not going to become social just for a chance to fight. it was just how it was, but she hoped she would get her chance.

the woman would stop in her walk as a stone blocked her path. tail lashing for a moment as she glanced up. then, she leaps up onto the stone and sits there. eyes gazing at the sunset. her paws glinting in the fading light of the day. the woman frowned as a thought entered her mind.

where is mother and are they okay?

it was not like them to condone war so openly. a lot has changed sense her getting lost in that storm. a lot that she liked and didn't.

actions | "speech" | attacking
who would have guessed it

Re: mother can you hear me ;; aesior - aesior - 03-04-2023

The family that Venemousimpulse came from was strange in it's own way. He'd been head of the Opheles family for so long, and on his own, that he no longer knew how his children felt about the family. There hadn't been all that much of one to begin with, with their other parents dying and his own running from his problems in the past. The storm that had torn apart the family physically had torn them apart emotionally and mentally. Losing them had been a major blow to Aesior, following the death of Aristotle, the cruel death that he'd been forced to watch, to protect his children from. He still woke up some nights screaming for Aristotle, for the Gods to stop, to release him.

Things had gone haywire from the start. He'd been on his own for long, too long in his opinion that after the failure of finding home in The Golden Eye, that when the option of Tanglewood had shown itself, he had taken the chance to make his new home there. Tanglewood was his home now, and he had settled right in, quickly, and securely. He hadn't been ready for the leadership thrust onto him, but he was the Luminary now and dedicated himself to the group. It abided some of the horrible guilt he was soaked in, the shame of losing his family and not being able to find his children again. Venemous' arrival to Tanglewood had relieved some of that pain, though he didn't know what his daughter had done in the time inbetween. What could have been done? What could he have done?

Eyes fell on his daughter's silhouette, the tom's paws leading him in her direction. Did she hate him and his weakness for not being able to stop her other father's execution? He had so many questions but he just wanted to embrace her and hold his daughter close again. How he wanted her to be a kit again, safe at his side, when the world wasn't so terrifying. When their family was united and together. When he was a different man.

Silently, he came up beside Venemousimpulse and sat down at her side, tail resting near hers. Sometimes he needed a little downtime.

[Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_5.gif]
[ f l o w e r  g u i d e ] & [ t a g s ]
[align=center]"speech" | thoughts / writing

Re: mother can you hear me ;; aesior - tanglewoodian - 03-05-2023

She did not react to him at first. Letting him settle beside her and moving her tail to touch his. Hoping that would show him that she still loved him. As she did. Aesior was her father or mother. It was all in the eye of the beholder, really. She would never blame him for what happened.

How could she?

He protected them from everything. A storm was never going to be something he could have saved her from. Besides, she wandered out into the weather. She made a dumb choice as a kit. She got lost and barely survived. She was the one that failed, not her father.

It was silent for a time. Then she spoke and let her eyes flick to him. Head tilting as she did so. "I missed you too." A show of understanding. She knew. He deserved to know too.

Re: mother can you hear me ;; aesior - aesior - 03-08-2023

"I'm sorry, my daughter. My dearest daughter. I've missed you more than this wretched throat would let me say." He wrote on a piece of paper pulled from the satchel he wore. Pressing in closer, his gaze trembling, shaking. He felt the fool for the emotions he showed, for the pain that danced in his chest. How could he be a proper parent? How?

He'd lost that chance ages ago. When his husband had been executed before him, before their children, children he had tried to shield from the ugly sight. Children he'd had to explain to that their father was not going to come home again. His child was a woman now, grown up without him, without his guidance and without his love at her side. He had never stopped loving her or her brother. Nothing could have made him stop loving his daughter.

Leaning in to lick a piece of fur from her face, his whiskers shaking as he did so, reminded of her father in that moment. He couldn't help when the memories hit him. He couldn't help what they did to him. Hadn't he lost enough? He couldn't bear to think about if Venemousimpulse left, this time of her own free will. Before he knew it, the tom was overwhelmed, teary eye spilling tears as his wounded eye wept bloody tears. His daughter, she was so strong. So not like him. She was her father's daughter in every way.

"I love you, little one."

[Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_5.gif]
[ f l o w e r  g u i d e ] & [ t a g s ]
[align=center]"speech" | thoughts / writing

Re: mother can you hear me ;; aesior - tanglewoodian - 03-11-2023

She would read the words and frown deeply. Ears flicking back as she took in the apology her father offered her. Was it really needed, though? He wrote of how much he missed her. She felt her heart racing as she lifted her eyes to him. "You have nothing to be sorry for. None of it was your fault. You did everything you could." She felt him press closer and let a soft purr leave her.

As far as she was concerned, she was a kit with her mother, or well, father. She had all the time in the world left. They had all the time in the world. She did not blame him for what happened to her father. For what happened to her or her brother. She never had. She trusted and loved him then, and she still did. That was never going to change. Despite her age, she would always need her father. She would never be okay without Aesior in her life.

What girl didn't need their parent? She felt the soft tongue groom fur from her face and the days of her youth washed over her. It was then that he started to cry. The tears caught her off guard and she felt tears sting her eyes. Her heart ached for him and she hid her face in his fur. "Please stop crying. Its okay. I still love you and i never blamed you. I could never blame you."

She was sobbing now. How could she not be?