Beasts of Beyond
losing the feeling of feeling unique -- open, compliment booth (weekly task) - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: losing the feeling of feeling unique -- open, compliment booth (weekly task) (/showthread.php?tid=1778)

losing the feeling of feeling unique -- open, compliment booth (weekly task) - Warringkingdoms - 06-03-2018

[font=trebuchet ms]Her task was to hold a compliment booth... the problem being that a) she had no clue how to construct a booth, and b) coming up with compliments for those she didn't know very well yet would be difficult. All that Rin knew for now was that she wasn't going to charge for compliments- this land lacked a currency anyway, and she couldn't expect people to trade in their valuables for just a few words. That would just be tacky.

Still, she thought as she put the last cardboard box into place and climbed up on top of it, the booth’s design wasn’t as important as whether or not it fulfilled its purpose, and that would be up to her. ”If anyone wants a compliment, I’m offering them for free,” Rin called, tugging lightly at her scarf. This would only be as complicated as she made it, right?

Re: losing the feeling of feeling unique -- open, compliment booth (weekly task) - Character Graveyard. - 06-03-2018

LUNAFREYA N.F.
✯ — take these broken wings and learn to fly
space
A compliment booth? How interesting. The winged-feline had approached some time after Rin had finished making the booth. "I'll take one." The Starstruck Guardian said.
space
✯ — Luna. The Ascedants. Easy. — ✯
#psychosocial.

Re: losing the feeling of feeling unique -- open, compliment booth (weekly task) - galexiux - 06-03-2018

A compliment booth? I had to admit that sounded a bit silly. When I heard that lady from my initiation(???) announcing one, my curiosity was peaked. I was walking over even before I noticed, heavy clunky footstep following heavy clunky footstep. I tilted my head at the sight of the stand. It had a ...... homemade.... charm to it. I chuckled slightly, my screen lighting up yellow at the sight. Aww. How cute.

I turned back up to Rin. She was supposed to be complimenting people here right? My tail swished. That was nice of her. My tail stopped swishing and my blood chilled cold. I held my paws up. A-ahh... I whined, You can skip me if you want. I know I'm a bit odd. I was being modest, but some nice words would be nice. I think the last time I heard something nice was before the factory got a hold of me; back when i was just a kitten with my mother, brothers and sisters.

"SPEECH"
♡♡♡
tags

Re: losing the feeling of feeling unique -- open, compliment booth (weekly task) - Warringkingdoms - 06-03-2018

[font=trebuchet ms]People were already arriving? Well, perhaps it had been a few minutes, and the camp wasn’t especially large. Luna arriving quickly was unsurprising, given that she seemed to always be at functions like this; somewhat more surprising was White’s arrival, but even then, the newcomers tended to be harder to predict.

To Luna, Rin answered, ”From what I’ve seen, you’re direct, and willing to be completely honest to help others. I feel like that’s an undervalued trait in people.” After a moment, she added somewhat cheekily, ”You can also rock a black scarf.”

To White, she watched with mild fascination as their screen turned yellow and a chuckle escaped them. Maybe they found the booth’s lacking construction amusing? As they stammered, though, she shook her head. ”Of course I’m not going to skip you,” she said, flicking an ear. ”I mean, you have to have some serious neck muscles in order to be able to carry around a TV on your head. That takes strength and endurance that I don’t think a lot of us have.”

After a moment, she glanced down at her front paws, tugging lightly on her scarf. Had that been insensitive? That was probably insensitive- she didn’t know if the TV thing was a result of trauma, if mentioning it would just make White more insecure... ”I probably should’ve thought that through more, I’m sorry,” she murmured, glancing at White’s TV screen.

/I don’t even know with this post

Re: losing the feeling of feeling unique -- open, compliment booth (weekly task) - BASTILLEPAW - 06-03-2018

AND I'M JUST A DEAD MAN WALKING TONIGHT
Bastille snorted in slight amusement as he stumbled upon Rin set up with her little compliment booth, eyeing the cardboard display with little actual interest. There was a sarcastic comment at the tip of his tongue -- that basic ass compliments weren't going to cheer anyone up and Margaery had picked a terrible task -- but he swallowed it. Instead, he just greeted flatly, "Cute, Rin." A vague nod towards the others, but he didn't seem like he planned for sticking around for long.
[align=center]BASTILLEPRISONER — ASTRAL SERAPH — TAGS

Re: losing the feeling of feeling unique -- open, compliment booth (weekly task) - galexiux - 06-03-2018

I perked, question marks littering my screen. Insensitive? My quiet voice replied. Why would that be insensitive? That's like saying that your gray fur looks good. It's just how I live. I chuckled, a little pixel sun shining on my face. I tilted my head. Poor kid. I might be sensitive but I wasn't that sensitive. I chuckled, hearts popping up. I'm flattered, honesty. You have no idea how much my back hurts though...

"SPEECH"
♡♡♡
tags

Re: losing the feeling of feeling unique -- open, compliment booth (weekly task) - Character Graveyard. - 06-03-2018

LUNAFREYA N.F.
✯ — take these broken wings and learn to fly
space
The moment Rin had complimented her, Luna had chuckled. The female didn't pay much attention to her personality herself, but if others happened to like it, that was good. Blue-eyes had moved to White as they arrived. She had felt bad for the feline, as they had to deal with the pain of living with a TV over their head, but it was good that they were healthy.

"Thanks, Rin." The pregnant female said, chuckling lightly.
space
✯ — Luna. The Ascedants. Easy. — ✯
#psychosocial.

Re: losing the feeling of feeling unique -- open, compliment booth (weekly task) - Margaery - 06-03-2018

[color=#b14767] ❁  ❁  ❁
Margaery practically emanated fatigue and frustration as she joined the small group, refusing to even entertain Bastilleprisoner with a glance. Instead, she focused what remained of her attention on the cardboard booth and its maestro- Rin. She had given the female the task hoping that it would help her come out of her comfort zone a bit and get to know her clanmates better. [color=#b14767]"I'll take one," She murmured quietly, refusing to say much else. She couldn't really, not when she had all but retreated into the depths of her mind to process the shambles her life was once more in.

Re: losing the feeling of feeling unique -- open, compliment booth (weekly task) - Suiteheart - 06-04-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 530px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; padding: 20px"]Ah, compliment booths. These were the less intimidating and less awkward versions of kissing booths. While Suiteheart tended to enjoy the latter a bit more than the former, she was thrilled to see Warringkingdoms at its helm. Rin was slowly but surely becoming one of Suite's good friends, and this task seemed to be perfect for the black and white feline. Suite, unlike Bastille, knew this was a good idea for Rin.

Sauntering over, the Ecliptic Admiral beamed. An amused, lopsided grin kissed her lips as she settled down between Margaery and Whitenoise, eyes taking in the booth set up before her. It was cardboard, and it looked, honestly, amazing. For having the bare minimum to work with, Rinny had pulled off an amazing feat of actually making cardboard look good. She giggled to herself as Rin passed compliments to their peers.

"I'd love one too!" she spoke up, still donning her signature smile. Ooh, she couldn't wait to see what Rin would come up with.

Re: losing the feeling of feeling unique -- open, compliment booth (weekly task) - ★ HAZEL - 06-04-2018

[align=center]
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
★  WHEN MY HEART IS MADE FROM GOLD AND FORGIVENESS SEEMS TOO BOLD
Hazel had been passing by, a brisk trot in her step as she chased after Arion, but found herself quickly distracted by Rin's...compliment booth? How odd. She'd certainly never heard anything like it before. The girl found Suite and Margy and took a seat, electing to observe only so she wouldn't be caught in the crossfire between Bast, Suite, and a very pregnant Margaery. Because all three at once? In public? No thank you. It also sounded like Rin had a quite a few requests stocked up, and Hazel didn't want to become a nuisance. 
★ — hazel — "speech" — seven months — the ascendants — tags — ★
[sup]c) miithers[/sup]