Beasts of Beyond
How can this be fair? // joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: How can this be fair? // joining (/showthread.php?tid=17777)

How can this be fair? // joining - DOROTHY FLOKI - 02-07-2023

[align=center][div style="text-align: justify; width: 45%; font-family: arial; font-size: 11pt; letter-spacing: -1px;"] The she-cat tread carefully, though her face was as cold as ice and eyes were dull as she walked along the railroad. Grey eyes refused to look at the water around her, the endless deep that taunted her. Dorothy wasn't afraid, but she didn't care for it. She wasn't cowardly. Just not there.

'Coward.' It was a word that stuck with her after Raymond had killed Vikas. Was it right? Just? Was it supposed to happen? Though the questions hounded her, again, the girl didn't care.  It made no sense to.

She halted before the gate and bell, examining it before she leapt to grab the rope and use her weight to drag it down. The resonating noise made her scrunch up her face for a moment, before it relaxed back into numbness.

Re: How can this be fair? // joining - Casphian - 02-07-2023

[table][tr][td]
[div style="padding-top: 40px; padding-left: 30px; font-size: 90px;"]X
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/table]
You picked me like a flower, didn't expect the thorns! -- Ice Cream cat. Quatermaster of the Typhoon.
The days had grown long and shitty for the maine coon. He was still reeling from the fact Alex had been taken from him, taken from their home and he was still pissed off from the fact. Sorbet kept to himself most days, growing even more recluse as time went on and his lover spent more time in that retched group. He knows he should get out and make himself present, do what he can to help boost the morale of the group.

But what was the point anymore. That day he had finally decided to leave his home and venture out into the territory he called home. It would do him some good to get fresh air and would hopefully clear his head from the demons that plagued his mind. But fate seemed to hate him and just loved to play cruel jokes on him.

He heard the sound of the bell ringing, drawing him from his thoughts as he turned and headed in the direction of the ringing sound. Oh what Sorbet wouldn't give for it to be some snarky creature waiting at the boarder and allow him to blow off some steam. But as he drew closer a scent he recognized but couldn't put a name to drew stronger with each step. Finally he pushed into the clearing, a greeting dying in his throat as a choked noise slipped out and he froze in his steps. The Quartermaster stared at his daughter, eyes wide and unseeing as painful memories flashed across them. "Dorothy..?" he called out, words dripping with pain and uncertainty.

[align=center]"speech" .. 'thoughts' .. attack
attack in #C3B1E1. -- You say that I'm too frigid, didn't know what you were in for!
[member=11].[/member]teef + help from [member=11].[/member]psy

Re: How can this be fair? // joining - DOROTHY FLOKI - 02-08-2023

[align=center][div style="text-align: justify; width: 45%; font-family: arial; font-size: 11pt; letter-spacing: -1px;"]"That is my name, yes." was her immediate, cold toned response. She hadn't fully realized who was standing before her, and even when she did, her face stayed the same. "Father." she hummed, tail swaying gently behind her.

If he was reacting like this, who knew how'd he react when seeing Genesis, Hjordis, Raymond? Her Grey eyes slowly blinked.

Re: How can this be fair? // joining - ROSEMARY - 02-08-2023

[table][tr]
[td][div style="background:url(https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/29111770_ubYLEwFh9z9yIY1.png); font-family: arial; background-size: cover; background-position: center; min-width: 200px; min-height: 450px;"]
[/td]
[td]
Summoned by the bell, Rosemary trotted to the railroad tracks from the beach. From afar, the stranger looked like an ordinary domestic feline. As she came closer, the colors and texture of the cat’s fur were not fur at all, but eerily similar to the ice cream brothers.

Then Sorbet approached, and Rosemary’s stomach flipped. Her paws left deep tracks in the sand as she dragged her paws. Their body language sent warning signals up her spine.

“Did I hear your name right? Dorothy?” Rosemary asked. Her ears flicked, and she kept the rightmost pair of eyes on Sorbet and the other on Dorothy. “The wind is quite something today, isn’t it?”

The ocelot cleared her throat. The tension between them made her want to run back to her treehouse and come out in a week—maybe by then this matter would be resolved. “What are you here in the Typhoon for? Is this a social call or are you joining?”
[/td][/tr][/table]
PEACEFALL
peace comes at dawn, but yours comes at night

Re: How can this be fair? // joining - Casphian - 02-09-2023

[table][tr][td]
[div style="padding-top: 40px; padding-left: 30px; font-size: 90px;"]X
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/table]
You picked me like a flower, didn't expect the thorns! -- Ice Cream cat. Quatermaster of the Typhoon.
no no no no this couldn’t be happening. Not here, not now! They weren’t supposed to be alive! If she was here did that mean the others were still around? Did that mean he’d finally have to face his demons after all this time? It’s been what? A couple of months at best?

Sorbet couldn’t do this, not here and not now. “I-“ he tried to say, words slipping from his tongue. The quartermaster turned on his heels, darting off in the opposite direction. He ran like the coward he was, unable to face those dreaded demons and hoping that this was just an awful nightmare.

//out unless stopped!

[align=center]"speech" .. 'thoughts' .. attack
attack in #C3B1E1. -- You say that I'm too frigid, didn't know what you were in for!
[member=11].[/member]teef + help from [member=11].[/member]psy

Re: How can this be fair? // joining - DOROTHY FLOKI - 02-09-2023

[align=center][div style="text-align: justify; width: 45%; font-family: arial; font-size: 11pt; letter-spacing: -1px;"]Dorothy turned to look at Rosemary, glancing to her father from time to time. If he didn't want to do anything but gawk and freeze up, did she really have time for him? "I suppose it is." she replied, flicking her ear. And she was going to say something else, though she looked a little spooked when Sorbet turned and ran. And the spooked look was replaced with gently narrowed eyes.

Turning her Grey eyes back to Rosemary, she dipped her head gently. "Now that I know my father lives, I'm hoping to join."

Re: How can this be fair? // joining - ROSEMARY - 02-09-2023

[table][tr]
[td][div style="background:url(https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/29111770_ubYLEwFh9z9yIY1.png); font-family: arial; background-size: cover; background-position: center; min-width: 200px; min-height: 450px;"]
[/td]
[td]
Speechless, Rosemary watched Sorbet flee into the jungle. She knew Sorbet as a feline who spoke his mind—or using his claws when necessary—so the faster her thoughts ran on the puzzle, the more confused the ocelot became. Sure, this stranger was impassive, but that alone wasn’t enough to spook someone, so there was vital information Rosemary was missing.

She sighed. All four of her eyes converged on Dorothy, and the ocelot tilted her head a tad to the right. “Your… father?” Well, that was a small piece of the reason why Sorbet had fled.

Rosemary squinted as she looked the ice cream she-cat up and down. This was most certainly the other’s birth body, not a body swap, unless animals with food for fur were abundant somewhere Rosemary had never heard of. Dorothy couldn’t have been more than a year old, and Sorbet had been in the Typhoon for several months—it was quite impossible, in Rosemary’s opinion, that Dorothy had caused the Quartermaster harm.

“Well, let me be the first to welcome you to the Typhoon. I’m Rosemary Roux, part of the healing team.” She blinked, but no two of her four eyes did so at the same time. “Let me know if you would like help settling it. Seems like Sorbet won’t be up for the task.”

[/td][/tr][/table]
PEACEFALL
peace comes at dawn, but yours comes at night