Beasts of Beyond
january tasks // won't you shut the door on your way in? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: january tasks // won't you shut the door on your way in? (/showthread.php?tid=17685)

january tasks // won't you shut the door on your way in? - ROSEMARY - 01-15-2023

[table][tr]
[td][div style="background:url(https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/29111770_ubYLEwFh9z9yIY1.png); font-family: arial; background-size: cover; background-position: center; min-width: 200px; min-height: 450px;"]
[/td]
[td]
As the sun set on the archipelago, the ocean’s breeze harshened to a biting wind. Rosemary’s paws darted over the sands as she was willing to endure the discomfort of grains between her toes, just so her toes could enjoy the last warmth which was, even now, seeping out of the beach. One set of her eyes focused on navigating to the Capricorn Tavern, while the other watched her levitating basket.

The ocelot jumped up the tavern’s entry stairs. Her forked tail smudged the chalk sign, though it still legibly read, Tonight, after sunset, weekly tasks and tea! Hosted by Rosemary.

She entered and shut the door against the wind. Only once she set her brewing kit on a table did she relax, sighing in irritation as she picked one of four paws off the door and shook them off. But it was a futile effort, for the hardwood floor had accumulated so much sand that it dirtied her feet as much as walking on the sands.

Still, the Capricorn Tavern was a nice place to rest. Her treehouse lacked a fireplace, and she enjoyed the cozy fire burning on the far wall.

“Oh, what a bother it is to be social,” Rosemary huffed. She settled into her chair and set to work using her telekinesis and elemental abilities to: boil the water, transfer the water, and seep the leaves. It wasn’t a great rush to her; once sunset arrived, she was sure there’d be a bit of an activity flurry, but everyone would settled down once they got their tasks—perhaps even leave–but if they wanted to chat over tea, well, that was why she brought the tea.

[/td][/tr][/table]
PEACEFALL
peace comes at dawn, but yours comes at night

Re: january tasks // won't you shut the door on your way in? - LOKI FLÓKI - 01-15-2023

[align=center]
LOKI FLÓKI 1 year / cutie pie bio

she liked tea, and she liked rosemary. padding into the tavern with her fur bunched up against wind she watched almost as in awe as rosemary worked her telekenesis, staying quiet as not to disrupt the trance. when she saw the other was almost done she spoke up. "i heard you were doing weekly tasks? could i have one?"

CHOCOLATE CHIPS ON MY STRACCIATELLA

Re: january tasks // won't you shut the door on your way in? - Casphian - 01-15-2023

[table][tr][td]
[div style="padding-top: 40px; padding-left: 30px; font-size: 90px;"]X
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/table]
You picked me like a flower, didn't expect the thorns! -- Ice Cream cat. Quatermaster of the Typhoon.
Sorbet had been neglecting his duties as Quartermaster for quite some time now and honestly the ice cream feline felt guilty about it. He hadn’t shown hide nor hair of his face until recently and he needed to make up for his lack of work. So when he heard the whispers of weekly tasks being opened he wanted to offer his paw for help.

He trudged over to the Tavern, gaze flicking over to the sign as he read it. Already the feline could smell the scent of tea, his body relaxing as the scent wafted over him.

The Quartermaster made his way into the building, settling off to the side as he watched Rosemary work, his gaze drifting over to his niece as he listened to her speak. He was curious to see what tasks were available but honestly didn’t feel like speaking quite yet.

[align=center]"speech" .. 'thoughts' .. attack
attack in #C3B1E1. -- You say that I'm too frigid, didn't know what you were in for!
[member=11].[/member]teef + help from [member=11].[/member]psy

Re: january tasks // won't you shut the door on your way in? - ROSEMARY - 01-15-2023

[table][tr]
[td][div style="background:url(https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/29111770_ubYLEwFh9z9yIY1.png); font-family: arial; background-size: cover; background-position: center; min-width: 200px; min-height: 450px;"]
[/td]
[td]
The aroma of lemon and ginger seeped into the air as the water transformed into a soft yellow. The dried lemon slices expanded to press against the glass. When Rosemary’s inner counting hit three minutes, she removed the strainer and placed it onto a bowl to minimize the mess.

Then, she noticed Loki and Sorbet had approached her table. She blinked and nodded her greetings, convinced she was smiling when in fact her mouth hadn’t so much as twitched. She poured three cups of tea, one for each of them, and thought over which tasks suited Loki and Sorbet as she telekinetically spooned honey into her cup.

“Indeed, I’m giving out the weekly tasks. I decided it’d be nice to give them out over tea, though, since it’d seem a bit rude of me to start barking orders the second I emerge from my hermitage.” Her tail-tips flicked in amusement as she paused to warm her pawpads against the mug.

“Hmm, Loki, what do you think about doing some work in the Temple? There’s surfaces to be dusted and floors to be swept, but I think the patients might appreciate some wintertime decorations. Like paper snowflakes?”

“And, for you, Sorbet… how about you hold a class teaching candlemaking? It’s not that difficult, really—especially if you already have wax—and I’m sure some people are missing the long days. There’s nothing much anyone with seasonal depression can do besides burn a bunch of candles.”

[/td][/tr][/table]
PEACEFALL

Re: january tasks // won't you shut the door on your way in? - LOKI FLÓKI - 01-15-2023

[align=center]
LOKI FLÓKI 1 year / cutie pie bio

she accepted the tea and took a careful sip - delicious. a smile formed on her maw as she set it on the floor. "working in the temple sounds fun, i don't mind doing that! she could use her bushy tail as a broom to clear the dust,a nd she could imagine herself dancing when she was working. would give her a chance to talk to the patients too. "i can do some arts and crafts too, i think it'll be quite fun!"

CHOCOLATE CHIPS ON MY STRACCIATELLA

Re: january tasks // won't you shut the door on your way in? - Casphian - 01-16-2023

[table][tr][td]
[div style="padding-top: 40px; padding-left: 30px; font-size: 90px;"]X
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/table]
You picked me like a flower, didn't expect the thorns! -- Ice Cream cat. Quatermaster of the Typhoon.
Sorbet let out a soft hum and nodded his head in thanks when the tea was passed over to him. He gently blew away the steam before sipping at the warm liquid, disregarding how it burned his tongue. His gaze flicked over to Rosemary as she spoke, handing out tasks to the two.

"I have never made candles before but I'm sure I could pick up the task relatively easily," he spoke, voice soft yet rough. His gaze shown with interest and ideas flashing behind his orbs. He would need to do a few test runs with it but he was sure he could pick up on it quickly. "Thank you for the task," the Quartermaster mused, taking another sip of his drink after.

[align=center]"speech" .. 'thoughts' .. attack
attack in #C3B1E1. -- You say that I'm too frigid, didn't know what you were in for!
[member=11].[/member]teef + help from [member=11].[/member]psy

Re: january tasks // won't you shut the door on your way in? - Cobra - 01-17-2023

[table][tr][td]
space
boots
dealer of the typhoon
"perfect disaster"
penned by cobra
[div style="height: 100px; width: 100px; background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fc/92/a4/fc92a44191b359057e4b0d6594de8453.png); background-position: center; background-size: cover; border-radius: 15px; border: solid 1px #8d50d6; padding-top: 50px; padding-left; 0px;"]space
[/td]
[td]
WHEN I LAY WITH YOU - ꧂
    rosemary was the one to do the weekly tasks, and was being nice about it. he loved the tea idea, though he was more interested in some rum. he was finally not pregnant, or female. the joys of his birth body. though, he was not ashamed of his kits or sleeping with sherbet. having those kits made his life all the better. he finally had a family again. he had settled the kits in and left to go to the tavern that night.

lord only knew if they would stay in bed this time. typically not, but that was kids. he would enter to see sorbet and loki there. he would offer a friendly grin. trotting over to them and taking a seat as rose offered their tasks. the dealer would let his eyes find rose and he would purr.

perhaps i can get a task dear~ the sing song voice was back in action. tail curling as he looked about for sherbet. though the other did not show, yet.

speaking

꧁ - I COULD STAY THERE
[/td][/tr][/table]
code by teef

Re: january tasks // won't you shut the door on your way in? - ROSEMARY - 01-20-2023

[table][tr]
[/td]
[td]
Rosemary’s tail-tips curled happily as her crewmates enjoyed the brewed tea. Hopefully their enthusiasm for their tasks would stay while they were completing them–the ocelot knew all to well the optimism of trying something new, only for it to be boring and irritating in reality. Still, she didn’t want to jinx anything by saying anything, so she nodded in encouragement. “Wonderful, I’m glad I’m not as rusty at task allotment as I feared.”

As Boots came over, the smaller pair of Rosemary’s eyes drifted to him. Her tail flicked in greeting as she poured him a cup of the hot lemon-ginger tea. “Of course you can get one, you’re only the third here.” She raised a paw to her muzzle and tapped her chin as she thought it over; given the recent birth, nothing too physical or stressful. “How about you gather some everyday supplies—carrots, scarves, maybe a few twigs—and make sandmen in low tide? Maybe with your children and the other kids in the Typhoon? We don’t have snow, but I’m sure if wet sand can make castles, they can make psuedo-snowmen.”

[/td][/tr][/table]
PEACEFALL

Re: january tasks // won't you shut the door on your way in? - Cobra - 01-22-2023

[table][tr][td]
space
boots
dealer of the typhoon
"perfect disaster"
penned by cobra
[div style="height: 100px; width: 100px; background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fc/92/a4/fc92a44191b359057e4b0d6594de8453.png); background-position: center; background-size: cover; border-radius: 15px; border: solid 1px #8d50d6; padding-top: 50px; padding-left; 0px;"]space
[/td]
[td]
WHEN I LAY WITH YOU - ꧂
    the idea made his ears perk. he would take his offered tea. sipping it softly as his task was assigned. ears perking and eyes sparkling slightly. the tom would nod softly at this. that is a brilliant idea~ the kids will love it~ he purred as his sing song happy tone escaped him. he loved watching the kids play as it was. teaching them how to make anything with sand would be even better.

speaking

꧁ - I COULD STAY THERE
[/td][/tr][/table]
code by teef