Beasts of Beyond
YOU ARE MY LIBERTY // Grieving + Breakdown - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: YOU ARE MY LIBERTY // Grieving + Breakdown (/showthread.php?tid=17626)

YOU ARE MY LIBERTY // Grieving + Breakdown - Kold - 12-05-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
YOU SHOULD HAVE LEARNED BY NOW - I'LL BURN THIS WHOLE WORLD DOWN!
// you already know the drill, but seizure warnings for paragraphs 5 and 6 //

Perhaps it was time to lay the grief to rest. Unwarranted grief for two. One who she loved and the other who was undeniably a monster. But she was as well. They were both, in the end, undeniably awful. Absolutely terrible. But still did Kold want to grieve. Like a child unable to put a toy down, she was unable to put the grief away, to bury it and let it rot. After all these years, she was still just a child sometimes. Kold's black eyes stared at the two stakes in the earth, the wolf skull on one of them, then at the area around. The ashen city. She didn't visit this much.

"This is... far over... overdue." She wheezed, already feeling her chest tighten. "But... you need it. I need this. Icarus would need this too, but he's gone to do his own thing, no fucking thanks to either of you... shit." Icarus. Did he leave because of her? Of her status, of her name? Of what happened? Her legs shook. Her eyesight blurred for a moment. And she shook her head, huffing. "Neither of you deserve this. But I can't go on without at least doing this."

She stood there, among the damaged buildings and gentle winds in the early evening. It was silent, but not of her own accord. Anger shook her, and she lashed out. Paw struck the stakes and scattered them, the wolf skull rolling away. "You fuckers! Why couldn't have we had been just a happy family!? It would have been so great! Dad could have taught us to hunt, mom could have told us stories again. But you had to fuck it up!" She yelled, lightning flickering between her teeth. It buzzed in her ears, shook her body. It was anger, pent up and being released now that the grief was gone.

"Instead, I was left here! I'm lucky to have even survived this long! I was given a good... a good fucking life, and it was no thanks to either of you!" Her heart raced and vision blurred. Shaking her head made it worse but she did that anyway. Angry. She planted a firm paw on the earth but her balance teetered. She fell with a harsh thump. "I'm so happy that I'll never fucking see either of you again-"

The horrid noise that interrupted her ripped from her mouth, limbs pulling in on themselves and shaking violently. Saliva, black as ink, filled her mouth and stained her teeth as she knashed and thrashed around, teeth clamping down on themselves. A wing slammed into the ground, pain numbly radiating from it as she continued this. And for a moment, she relaxed.

Then her legs moved again, trying to run with no grab. It was a worthless attempt at her body trying to work. Another noise roared out of her as she breathed in, froth accumulating from the corners of her mouth. Electricity spiraled around her and scattered, fading away after a certain distance. And her body went limp, her lungs heaving in stress. Her black eyes stared out, unseeing, wild.
Kold Darcia Ní Broin - Pitt - Marauder
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: YOU ARE MY LIBERTY // Grieving + Breakdown - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 12-08-2022

[Image: 800fde61ce608e37c9c2bf58571312bb.jpg]
JORMUNGAND
male — the Pitt — biopinterest board
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

OC TEXT

IC TEXT | IC opinions only

the noise of his adopted daughter made him break into a sprint towards the ashen city, lobes flattening against his skull and his form a silent one streaking through the undergrowth. soon his face flashed with electricity that had engulfed kold and he halted a distance away. he hadn't seen her outburst but he was there to witness the aftermath and as she collapsed to the floor and began to violently seize he bounded over to her and flipped her onto her front, propping her chest up with his shoulder and prying her jaws open with a sheathed paw so she didn't swallow any of the black liquid that was drip drip dripping from her mouth.

Re: YOU ARE MY LIBERTY // Grieving + Breakdown - Kold - 12-08-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
The sudden motion of Jormungand was enough to spur a reaction out of Kold, though probably not what either of them would have intended. With a harsh snarl, she started to snap at Jormungand, aiming for anything close enough to grab. Her eyes were wide, almost unseeing, unfamiliar. She tried to veer away from him, like some wild animal, but failed and simply collapsed again onto the earth, legs scrabbling to try and get up again. All of her movements seemed off; janky, like she was being pulled by strings.

She managed to prop herself up, breathing labored and heavy, jaws parted and ready to snap again. An ugly snarl left her, resonating deep within her chest and slowly dying down as she started to breath easier. Kold risked a step back, eyes softening and lips leaving that snarling look for an open frown.
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: YOU ARE MY LIBERTY // Grieving + Breakdown - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 12-09-2022

JORMUNGAND
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]

OC TEXT

he wasn't sure what to expect from her - he had never seen her like this before but her movements were uncontrolled. as she darted forwards and her jaws clamped shut on his paw he let out a grunt in pain but held still, watching her. her eyes were like that of an animal lost its sanity and he really hated seeing his daughter like this. she tried moving away after releasing his paw but fell over, sending a cloud of dust rising into the air of the smoky town. he huffed out air to clear it and watched her kick up even more in attempts to get up without success.

until finally she got up, breathing deep and struggling. all the while the black liquid was still dripping from her maw. she snarled, an ugly sound, and he dropped to his haunches down so he was level with her slowly as not to startle her. "kold, it is me. jormungand. you are okay. i am here." he hoped his voice would reach that sane bit in her brain and hopefully snap her out of whatever... this was. she took a step back, optics softing and breathing becoming less labored.

Re: YOU ARE MY LIBERTY // Grieving + Breakdown - Kold - 12-16-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
By now her breathing had slowed to a normal rate, and she slowly relaxed. A few blinks, and a glance to his wounded paw, and she gasped. "Jormungand... Dad...?" She whispered, looking to his face, then his paw. She staggered back more, breaths harsher. "Did I... Did I hurt you..?" She lowered herself and tried to curl in on herself, wings trying to hide her body. There it was again. That small feeling. Of feeling so small.
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: YOU ARE MY LIBERTY // Grieving + Breakdown - JORMUNGAND Di ANGELO - 12-16-2022

JORMUNGAND

OC TEXT

his paw stung but he ignored it, all attention focused on her. ears perking up when she said his name, and then dad. a smile broke on his face and he nodded. "yes, cara, it is me. your father." he slowly approached her, watching as she shrunk back and seemed to curl in, shielding herself with her wings. "i am okay, you did not hurt me." he said firmly, coming even closer and gently moving her wings aside to look directly at her. "look at me, i am okay, see?" he flexed his paw and lifted it so she could curl up against his side if she wished. hopefully that would calm her down a bit more.