Beasts of Beyond
lord, have mercy [watching the fire] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: lord, have mercy [watching the fire] (/showthread.php?tid=17569)

lord, have mercy [watching the fire] - LUCINDER XIU - 10-22-2022

EVERY OCCASION HAS ITS DISCUSSION—

the storm had hit every one of them. it pained him, it was another scar to add to his memories. he missed his parents elsweyr and arrow - the ones who had killed them could burn in hell for all he cared. hell, he wished. the moon hung low in the air, a thin slash lighting up the sky. he was sitting in front of a small ruined house, previous owner unknown. there was a small pool of water drenching the area. a little bit of water lapped at his paws and he let himself settle down. watching the moss climb slowly up the walls of the ruins. the flames tickled his back and ran down the length of his arm and he pressed his paw against the wood. slowly, slowly, transferring the heat from his body up into the material worn and torn with age and the brutal battering of the weathers. he curled his tail around his paws and watched, transfixed, as the flames crept inch and inch higher until it was eating away at the rundown building.

—AND EVERY GENERATION HAS ITS MEN

"SPEECH"
ROUND UP YOUR SOLDIERS, QUEEN—
lucinder x — tanglewood — 2 years & 5 months
[color=#C178B7]—BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL STRENGTH

Re: lord, have mercy [watching the fire] - aesior - 10-25-2022

and they saw trouble in my eyes
"speech." . 'thoughts' . attack
The scent of smoke was not as distressing to him as it would be to others, nor would the sight of fire. He'd lost a life once to fire. It wasn't as scary as many others claimed it to be, not to him. Green-gray eyes narrowed and followed the swallowing of the fire, the action that Lucinder took. Grief was a bitch. A real bad one, and annoying too.

Stepping from where he'd paused in an unknown path, one that his paws took him naturally, having stopped by Corrupttimelines home, hoping upon hope that the other tom would have returned. Love was an asshole, he'd decided somewhere along the line. Love and grief often worked in tandem and its offspring of heartbreak was a cruel, cruel monster. Shaking out his pelt, he padded forward as he watched smoke begin to curl and the sparks to raise higher and higher into the night as he watched on, a silent vigil for the dead and missing. Casting a glance over to Lucinder, he exhaled gently, wishing he knew the words to console the young lion. Ares was gone as well. How was he faring?

Sitting down nearby the young man, he would attempt to reach out to his mind, "When I said we should take out old buildings and use them for tinder, I didn't quite mean a bonfire." He would offer him a smile with the impression of a laugh in his mental tone. Turning his gaze back to the building, he would raise a paw and guide the growing greenery around the old wreck away from the wood that the lichen clung to and the rain had swollen. Ears flicking at the sound of wood exploding, he swept his paw across the ground and with a low growling sound, pebbles and dirt would lift off the ground to form a small wall, a shield against any fiery splinters that exploded outwards. It felt strange, having the ability to interact with the earth again, but he enjoyed it. Truly. Looking to Lucinder to check on him, he would let the dirt slowly return to the ground in a pile, easily accessible should they need it, "How are you doing?" He would attempt to ask.

they were quick to recognize the devil in me.
aesior opheles of tanglewood. -- luminary.
credit @/teef

Re: lord, have mercy [watching the fire] - LUCINDER XIU - 10-31-2022

a faint scent, brought by the wind. then a voice in his mind. aesior. the mute luminary. he hunched his shoulders and heaved out a hushed laugh-sigh. "yeah, wasn't exactly planning on uh, burning the entire thing." the lion exhaled loudly. "it just sorta happens. things tend to burn when my mind wanders into negative places, you know?" he looked away from aesior briefly and followed the path as the other made some sort of shield so his flames wouldn't hurt the nature.
the luminary then asked how he was feeling, and the lion lifted his shoudlers in a half-shrug. "it's difficult, you know? i don't know where my siblings are and i haven't, you know, been able to talk to anybody about it or thought about it properly, i've been just doing stuff. aesior i miss them. i miss them so much." arrow and elsweyr were his whole world and then just gone. gone like the shield that aesior made. "what do i do exactly? i miss them but there's nothing i can really do about it."

"SPEECH"

Re: lord, have mercy [watching the fire] - Seven - 11-14-2022

MY PATIENCE IS WANING-
[i]IS THIS ENTERTAINING??
The reagent padded nearby, halting as she felt the heat from the fire. tail swaying, she picked up on the conversation. And as much as she despised walking close to fires she could not see, she padded closer. [b]"i suppose the only thing one can do is grieve. we can hope and wish our family to return, but often they do not. grieve, talk to something that they had, or... their graves, in the instance of your mothers." she hummed, eyes closing.

"I think ares grieves, still. Wherever she went. I have much to ask her, apparently mom helped her." she sighed, rubbing her maw with a large paw at the memory of Moth.
#psy.

Re: lord, have mercy [watching the fire] - LUCINDER XIU - 11-15-2022

he turned silently to watch as seven approached and listened to her with an intense expression on his face. ares.. he hadn' t seen her in a very long time. he was in some way her sister too, no? he tilted his head. "i do suppose it helps to talk about it, but never had i heard about people talking to items that belonged to the dead." it sounded like something he would try out, but it did sound a little bit silly.

"SPEECH"