Beasts of Beyond
here darling ;; gift for chern - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: here darling ;; gift for chern (/showthread.php?tid=17534)

Pages: 1 2

here darling ;; gift for chern - Cobra - 10-16-2022

Re: here darling ;; gift for chern - Chernabog - 10-16-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
I'VE LOST ALL FORM OF UNITY-
It was the unfortunate truth - Chernabog never had any sort of sea food beyond the occasional fish. She wasn't the best swimmer, with her clunky talons and wings getting in the way. Too much drag and not enough patience to get better. So she'd settle for the river fish she caught on occasion. What a surprise it would be, to have her sight blessed by the vision of Vio, slinking to the place they'd first met and tussled, with a goddamn shark in his mouth.

She was settled by the river, blissfully watching the water bubble. Her posture was very cat like, with her front talons crossed over one another. Her wings folded neatly by her sides, head held high and eyes studying the waters. Slowly she turned, seeing the waters become disturbed and then seeing the shark being dragged through the river. "Oh, my gods." She rumbled, shifting a little in her place. "Isn't that a shark?"
WHERE HAS MY LIFE GONE?
CHERNABOG - WESTERN DRAGON - THE PITT
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: here darling ;; gift for chern - Cobra - 10-17-2022

Re: here darling ;; gift for chern - Chernabog - 10-17-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Chernabog let out an airy chuckle, planting a firm palm on the shark as he placed it before her. "River fish is hardly filling at all, truly. Too small to be a meal." But this... she probably wouldn't eat for the next day aside from small meals. She thought for a moment, then took a chunk out of the shark. She chewed slowly, savoring the taste. To be fair, it tasted a little like chicken.

Swallowing, she 'harrumphed'. "Tasted a little like chicken. It is a lot more filling, though." A rare, though ugly, smile stretched across her face, fins fluttering. Most of the time, dragons from her youth would catch food for those they wanted to court. But Vio probably didn't have that in mind. Probably. Definitely.
WHERE HAS MY LIFE GONE?
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: here darling ;; gift for chern - Cobra - 10-19-2022

Re: here darling ;; gift for chern - Chernabog - 10-20-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
She had gone to take another bite when he spoke. Offering her food. Or at least offering to get it if she asked. She hummed, taking another bite and chewing it quickly so she could speak. "I think that would be quite nice."

To his other words, she looked up at him, an expression of mild shock on her face. "Really?? You- you're serious?" he didn't have to answer because she immediately followed up with, "I'll have to catch some birds for you, then."

Her own words made her pause, but she grinned and shook her head, diving down for another bite.
WHERE HAS MY LIFE GONE?
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: here darling ;; gift for chern - Night of No Stars - 10-21-2022

Re: here darling ;; gift for chern - Chernabog - 10-21-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
As she chewed, laughter bubbled in her throat. She had to force a swallow so she could let it out. "If snakes can do it, so can you." she shifted herself toward the shark's mouth as she talked, "They either squeeze their food to death or kill it with their bites."

His words made her think. Talons grasping at a shark tooth, she sighed quietly. "Where were you," she started, yanking the tooth out. "When the world went cold? What was it like under the waves?" she remembered like it was yesterday, where she was when the sky was torn away. She remembered the aftermath, the carnage left in the flaming wrath. Her expression was that of curiosity; underneath she hated remembering the chaos.
WHERE HAS MY LIFE GONE?
[sup]© tikki[/sup]

Re: here darling ;; gift for chern - Night of No Stars - 10-24-2022

Re: here darling ;; gift for chern - Chernabog - 10-24-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Chernabog laughed a little more as mimicked a snake, shaking her head with a grin. "You're strong. I think it'd only take one bite to kill something small." she yanked another tooth out of the shark's mouth, expression changing as he spoke.

"I saw what looked like a sun crash into this world. Bright and fiery, something a lot of dragons liked. But after that, i think a lot of my kind died off within the first year or so. It got too cold too quickly." she lifted her head, enjoying the warmth of the sun on her dark scales. "Most of the larger land beasts died off, anything else still alive had to scavenge or cannibalize just to get by." she was grateful that she had not dipped into such lows.

"You and I survived because our bodies adapted. We are the chapters of a long lost world." it was a sobering thought. "And i have not really found any other land dragons like myself. Bai Shi and the small one are unlike me. I do not share their looks or desires."

"In the few years i have been awake I've only met 3 creatures who I have come to like. You, another dragon, and a strange creature called Vale. Those two are gone." she yanked yet another tooth, hissing when it cut into her palm.
WHERE HAS MY LIFE GONE?
[sup]© tikki[/sup]