Beasts of Beyond
where the heart is | newcomer - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: where the heart is | newcomer (/showthread.php?tid=17424)

where the heart is | newcomer - SOJOURN - 09-28-2022

The storm has ravaged everything, tossing trees, and tearing the earth. It is almost as if she can feel it herself. The ebbing pain of the world around her. The tigress walks with regality, easily stepping along the ground. No mud stains her pure white and black pelt as she slips through the foliage. Form drapped in a dark red cloak that is just as spotless. Soft blue orbs of light follow after her and she sighs softly as she sees a tree that has toppled over. With a soft frown upon her muzzle the woman motions with a paw the large tree begins to rise up. With a motion of her head it replants itself from where it once stood.

Turning she walks along the waterlogged places, paws briefly touching upon the surface and sending ripples along the muddy liquid. She walks on the water with ease as she continues her short walk of looking around. Her eyes gleam gently as she makes her way, not yet knowing that there is a group that lives here. With each tree she finds turned over or wronged she helps it. Replanting the trees and making their roots stronger.

Re: where the heart is | newcomer - Seven - 09-28-2022

MY PATIENCE IS WANING-
[i]IS THIS ENTERTAINING??
There was always going to be envy in Seven's motherly heart. She could not see the world around her for what it was, could not lift water or trees or make fire appear and her whims. She was a blind woman, only capable to meander around along well trodden paths to a goal. And when those paths were not well trodden, or destroyed by nature, what was she to do?

Her paws were soaked from the water as she walked, a frustrated chuff leaving her before she caught the slim outline of someone. A stranger within the lands of her home. Cautiously she walked, feeling every step before her even before she took a step. It felt like an eternity before she even came within meters of the stranger. [b]"Who are you. You're on Tanglewood territory." The Regent sounded exhausted. And, frankly, she was.
#psy.

Re: where the heart is | newcomer - SOJOURN - 09-28-2022

The soft blue orbs of light dance around the woman. She is busy lifting up a toppled over tree when the voice sounds out. Turning she doesn't stop her work as she puts the tree back where it originally was. But her goal had been to free the deer that had been stuck because of the thick branches. "Run free now." She mutters before she finally turns and looks at the one who spoke out to her. The other sounds so exhausted and she frowns a little though there is little she can do for the other woman. Still she silently steps forward and gives a small smile. Lightly the orbs move and shift in the air before she dips her head in greeting. "I do not know Tsnglewood but I am pleased to be here. There seems to be a lot of devastation that needs repairing. I can feel the earth's scars." Her voice is gentle and soothing, like the wind across a prairie as she smiles.

Lifting up her flowing tail the woman looks away before remembering she has not introduced herself. "I'm so sorry. I am Allison, I'm hopefully not intruding." She hopefully hopes not and she looks about this swamp with a need to continue her work.

Re: where the heart is | newcomer - aesior - 09-29-2022

EVERY GRIN WE SHARE IS LIKE.
"speech." . 'thoughts' . attack
The sound of voices distracted the newly made Luminary from his own tasks, waving his tail to the small group he'd been patrolling with, signaling for them to continue their work of searching out the worst areas of damage, to look for the bodies of any not so lucky to escape the storm's rage. Padding through water that soaked his stomach and at times the bottom of his chin, the domestic tom slowly moved his way through the clime that he called home. He had no doubt that if times weren't as hard, Seven would be chastising him for being out and about. Sniffing as he limped out of a body of water, grimacing at the mud coating his paws, a mighty and loud sneeze leaving him, announcing his presence to the two women.

Lifting his head after shaking his body out with a soft gasp at the nerves flaring up in reminder of the injury to his spine, fixing the partially opaque veil that covered most of his muzzle and neck. Grunting soundlessly, he looked up to see Seven and a rather elegant looking woman. Flicking his tail, he trailed over, looking around to admire and o serve what Allison was doing, small blooms of tarragon pointed in her direction upon his shoulders. Looking around, he was reminded of the fact that there was little dry ground remaining available to their use, frowning before taking a breath.

His body changed shape until a cheetah stood at Seven's side, changing his weight often as he stood there, trying to adjust his body to comfort his aching back. Offering Allison a smile from under his veil, he frowned once more before clearing his throat and speaking with a harsh rasp, "There is much to repair and do here. The storm ... has left a lot of damage in it's wake.", he agreed, pausing to cough into his shoulder fur. Catching his breath, he shook his head, "We can't be too upset about intrusion. Our borders haven't been able to be marked since the storm ravaged us. If you'd be willing, we could use your gift in restoring parts of our swamp, and we could offer you a place to stay and a warm meal to fill your belly.", he croaked, speech riddled by coughing fits. Oh how he wished that he could just speak telepathically to everyone.

A PRAYER COMMITTED TO THE SONG WE SING.
aesior opheles of tanglewood. -- grim - feline shifter.
credit @/teef

Re: where the heart is | newcomer - LUCINDER XIU - 09-29-2022

EVERY OCCASION HAS ITS DISCUSSION—

he followed the little group and stopped at the newcomer. he didn't deal with politics, he just fought whoever aesior told him to. the newcomer seemed to have freed a deer, he nearly scoffed but stayed silent and flicked his tail, opting to stop a little bit behind aesior and sit down, shaking out his mane. fire flickered over his body and he watched, silent.

—AND EVERY GENERATION HAS ITS MEN

"SPEECH"
ROUND UP YOUR SOLDIERS, QUEEN—
lucinder x — tanglewood — 2 years & 5 months
[color=#C178B7]—BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL STRENGTH

Re: where the heart is | newcomer - Seven - 09-29-2022

MY PATIENCE IS WANING-
[i]IS THIS ENTERTAINING??
A frown pulled at the regent's lips as the other spoke. That she could help repair the damage caused by the storm. It was not a frown of disbelief, but one of envy. She was silent as Aesior and, soon, Lucinder, arrived.

With a subtle nod, she added to Aesior's invite. [b]"I still have to clean out, but you're free to temporarily stay at my house. If the scent of herbs doesn't bother you." in honest, the regent detested wanting to clean out her house from the storm damage.
#psy.