Beasts of Beyond
don't make me wait forever || saturn - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Neutral Grounds (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Forum: Private Rendezvous (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: don't make me wait forever || saturn (/showthread.php?tid=17379)

don't make me wait forever || saturn - Romulus - 09-21-2022

[Image: 41450132_oCTyo4kdcSATJIk.gif]
ROMULUS MALUS - KINGPIN - COTC
[Retro to tropical storm.]

The cave had become a mess over the last few days. In between planning for the autumn equinox and planning out a special gift, items were sprawled across the area. Books laid open, papers etched in ink were crumbled up in a pile, and various metals were thrown into a corner for careful consideration later on. Needless to say, Romulus was busy. Even now, his head was over a book and staring at the pages blankly, caught up in his own head. Not a single word was read. He was merely staring. Absorbing his thoughts, letting them wander, only to break free moments later with a sigh.

A dark paw closed the book with a slam. His head lowered slowly into his desk and a groan echoed throughout the cavern, frustration overtaking the lion. Things needed to be perfect. The autumn equinox was a big event for the Coalition of the Condemned, as it led into the harsh winters, and the supplies needed to keep them afloat was going to be astronomical. Along with this, the gift he wanted to propose to Merlin was something meaningful. With a bunch of designs swirling around his brain and a bunch crumpled on the floor, Romulus had already explored the majority of his options.

Tail swishing in annoyance, he pulled away from the desk and shifted towards the pile of blueprints on the floor. His paw hovered over a piece of paper, grabbing it lightly and unfolding it carefully with his claws. So far, this design was his favorite. A simple pair of wings made out of pure gold that was found within the Coalition's own caverns, one that Merlin and Romulus first met in private within, even though it was in tragedy. He laid it down on the floor, splayed out to see and narrowed his gaze. Maybe this was the one... but it needed something else? Maybe? With an unclear mind, Romulus felt like he needed to come at the situation with a different angle or perspective. Perhaps even a second opinion.

Re: don't make me wait forever || saturn - Casphian - 09-21-2022

[table][tr][td]
space
Saturn Nightshade
Wanderer of COTC
"TITLES"
penned by Finnick
[div style="height: 100px; width: 100px; background:url(https://www.tunisiesoir.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/What-are-the-Northern-Lights-Aurora-Borealis-explained.jpg); background-position: center; background-size: cover; border-radius: 15px; border: solid 1px #3D82AB; padding-top: 50px; padding-left; 0px;"]space
[/td]
[td]
I used to hear a simple song
that was until you came along- ꧂
    If anyone paid close enough attention they could see the stress that the Kingpin was under. Honestly it didn't take much to see it yet no one seemed to do anything about it so Saturn took it upon their paws to go check on the Kingpin. They packed their satchel with the needed essentials to leave their house, what did they pack you ask? Flowers and a lot of them because honestly what more could you need?

With their satchel packed and settled on their back the Xenosmilus stepped out of their home, softly shutting the door behind them before bounding off towards Romulus' home. It didn't take long for Saturn to reach the cave, carefully stepping inside as they called out in greeting. "Romulus are you home?" they called out the question as they drew closer. The first thing the Xenosmilus noticed was the disarray the cave was in, notes and books scattered everywhere.

There was an urge deep inside of them to set to work tidying up the place but it wasn't their job to do so. Their gaze finally landed on the lion who seemed to be studying a set of blueprints that were spread across the floor. Saturn padded closer, the design coming into view which would cause them to stop and tilt their head as they stared over it. "That's a really pretty design," they hummed. And it honestly was but if we were being honest Saturn would call pretty much anything pretty at this point. They had gone so long without their sight that just about everything was pretty to them. But the design that was laid out was stunning and anyone would be able to appreciate the beauty.

꧁ - Now in its place is something new
I hear it when I look at you
[/td][/tr][/table]
code by teef

Re: don't make me wait forever || saturn - Romulus - 09-21-2022

Ears propped up and swiveled towards the entrance of the cavern. His head followed suit. His gaze spotted Saturn at the entrance with a satchel thrown over their chest and a careful, caring aura to them. Romulus, already aware of the presence of the other, couldn't lie. "Yes, yes," the lion responded back. In a quick attempt to appear tolerable, the lion licked the top of his paw, leaned back, and ran it across the top of his mane to create his signature bangs and slick back the rest. Claws quickly brushed out the rest. With a quick glance to the mirror nearby, he continued warmly with his invitation to Saturn. "Please, come on in!"

As they padded in, the lion attempted to shove the design out of sight and into the pile, but the paper had already crossed the Xenosmilus' gaze. Surprised by their response, periwinkle eyes looked up at them. "Really?" came his intrigued reply. "You don't think it needs more... His dominant paw fumbled with the air around him as he tried to come up with a word. "... finesse?" His other paw placed down on the blueprints before him, claw tapping on the wing's edge. Maybe a chain to dangle off the ear? A ring? Maybe another piece? There had to be something more.

Re: don't make me wait forever || saturn - Casphian - 09-22-2022

[table][tr][td]
space
Saturn Nightshade
Wanderer of CoTC
"TITLES"
penned by Finnick
[div style="height: 100px; width: 100px; background:url(https://www.tunisiesoir.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/What-are-the-Northern-Lights-Aurora-Borealis-explained.jpg); background-position: center; background-size: cover; border-radius: 15px; border: solid 1px #3D82AB; padding-top: 50px; padding-left; 0px;"]space
[/td]
[td]
    Saturn tilted their head to the side, paw lifting and patting at their chin as they pondered. "Hmm," they hummed. "Maybe try adding a silver chain to it that connects it to the stud?" they suggested, turning their gaze towards Romulus. To be honest they really didn't see much else that could be changed to make it look better. "May I ask who it's for?" they questioned, curiosity snaking through their gaze. They sat down, shaking out their mane a bit as they settled down. "Either way I'm sure they are going to love it, they are really lucky to be getting something so lovely," they mused with a soft smile dancing on their muzzle.

And Saturn did mean it, they quite enjoyed the piece of jewelry. Though to be fair they loved jewelry of all kind but unfortunately they only knew how to make flower crowns so it wasn't often that they got to wear anything as lovely as the necklaces, earrings and such. "I'd love to be able to make something so nice, I don't know how to make much more than flower crowns but maybe one day I can learn."

[/td][/tr][/table]
code by teef

Re: don't make me wait forever || saturn - Romulus - 09-22-2022

The lion listened with careful consideration, nodding along with Saturn's words. A chain was an interesting concept and the solution he was looking for, although he thought gold was a better choice. After all, the golden jeweled lion was biased. With a paw, he reached to his jar of ink and went to dip a claw in the characoal liquid contents, only to pause as the other continued to speak. He froze in his spot. The question was going to be asked eventually, but that did not mean he wanted it to arrive. Hesitant, he tried to answer. "I don't quite remember if you were there, but do you remember Merlin?" he asked gently. His periwinkle eyes looked for any confirmation in her facial features, only to continue on whether or not she knew. "She was the one Jormungand took from Tanglewood and, with her wings, he..." He grabbed at the air and made a ripping motion with his two paws. "... ripped them off." A snarl left him as he finished off.

Cooling himself off, the kingpin cleared his throat. He held a lot of disdain for the past situation, but was clearly trying to move forward and make a difference. "It's for her," came his conclusion. He looked away from the papers beneath his paws and up at Saturn, looking at him with a subtle smile that began to form on his lips. "While it cannot replace what she lost, I hope it can at least be loved. Thank you." Their words brought comfort to his doubts. Romulus, often emotionally indecisive in private, needed the support.

An unsatisfied hum left Romulus. For him, any day could bring a new start, but the end was always nigh. Learning a new skill could not wait and, in response, the lion rose to his feet.  "Why not today?" he questioned curiosity. "Would you like to help me create this piece?" He had the materials and the power ready, after all.

Re: don't make me wait forever || saturn - Casphian - 09-26-2022

[table][tr][td]
space
Saturn Nightshade
Wanderer of CoTC
"TITLES"
penned by Finnick
[/td]
[td]
    Saturn tilted their head for a moment at the question, pondering the name for a bit. "I know her in passing, mostly from Byriath," they hummed in response. It was then that they would listen to what Romulus had to say, the story drawing out a flash of angry in the xenosmilus. It wasn't often that Saturn got truly angry but the thought of someone taking someone else's wings just really upset him. Saturn knew what it was like to loose something precious to you but they were at least lucky that they were somewhat able to get what they had lost back.

"I'm sure she will love it Romulus, the fact that you have taken such time and care into planning out something so special she just has to love it," came the soft reply with an equally soft and reassuring smile dancing on their maw. Saturn curiously watched as the lion moved to stand, wondering if he was going to start working on the jewelry now. It came to a surprise when he offered to for Saturn to help him. "Oh- I'd love to help!"  an eager agreement rang out while Saturn pushed themself up to stand. "In return I could show you how to make flower crowns if you'd like?" Saturn offered, hoping to be able to return the favor in some way.

[/td][/tr][/table]
code by teef