Beasts of Beyond
wild women don't get the blues -- Stranger..? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: wild women don't get the blues -- Stranger..? (/showthread.php?tid=17367)

wild women don't get the blues -- Stranger..? - Ares - 09-20-2022

SCREAMING AT THE ONES WE LOVE
LIKE WE FORGOT WHO WE CAN TRUST!
x
/// Retro to tropical storm, hints at the weather though

It had been some time, a few weeks or maybe even a month or two, since the deinonychus had even seen the swamp. It wasn't a strange thing for her, to run away and then wander back toward her old home. The Band of Arrick could survive without a guard dog for now. Her feet halted at the border, and then she sniffed. There was a damp smell to it all, and as she turned her heterochromatic eyes skyward, she barked at the clouds.

Wings shuffled in annoyance and she started to pace along the border, halting for a few seconds before turning. Apprehension pulled at her and begged her to leave the swamp again. But not before making sure people were okay. She let out another bark, then continued to pace.
TANGLEWOOD — LION/SHAPESHIFTER — BIO — ATTACK IN #C16666
#psy.

Re: wild women don't get the blues -- Stranger..? - Kiara Kokytos - 09-21-2022

KIARA KOKYTOS
- tanglewood
- two ( 2 ) years physically
- coyote
- fallen Sin of Greed

noise aolng the border. kiara had been wandering through the place, ignoring the strange weather above her. it had been nice, smelt fresh and fat clouds hung low in the sky. she loved it. but it was ruined with the noise. again. another bark. the reaper huffed and followed the source of the sound to find... ares.
"ares?" she hadn't seen the other in... devil knows how long. truth be told she hadn't been around tanglewood of late either, but she recognised the scent enough to know that it belonged to her friend. "welcome back, why are you pacing on the border? you know you're welcome here, you are a tangler, after all."

Re: wild women don't get the blues -- Stranger..? - Ares - 09-21-2022

x
Kiara's presence made Ares bark again, though she listened to the Coyote. Was she really still a tangler? Did Kiara not know what she did? Words reached for the air and she rumbled.

"No. Hurt Aesior. Tanglers do not hurt other Tanglers." she croaked, fully admitting to the crime she knew she committed."Not Tangler. Not for now." hopefully she could pull herself back together and have some semblance of order to come back. But she did like the Band of Arrick.
#psy.

Re: wild women don't get the blues -- Stranger..? - merlin - 09-21-2022

AS OF LATELY IVE BEEN DRINKING TO FILL SOME VICIOUS VOID
"speech." . 'thoughts' . attack
The sounds of communication and ruckus caused her to leave behind whatever small tasks she was focusing on, the dark lioness padding along gently through the jungle when a scent reached her. Ares. She'd heard what happened, and she felt horrible for the younger woman. Approaching the border, she hopped through some brush too big to pass under, ears swiveling as she heard Ares speak. Looking up to the younger girl, nodding to Kiara, "He doesn't blame you, you know that, right?", she spoke softly, blinking, "He's in town right now, sleeping. He's ... A lot has changed. But he is not upset about the injury, Ares.", she spoke softly, gently.

She wanted the other to know that the one she spoke of couldn't hate her. Hell, this reminded her of the times that her siblings had hurt her in a brawl and hid and cried about it for days. She was never mad at them for it, just as she knew Aesior could never be mad at Ares for what happened. She knew he cared too much about the shifter to be mad for long. "You still have a home here, with us, when you're ready, Ares. He's been searching for you. He wants to find you and talk to you.", she gave a look to Kiara. Should she send the couote to collect Aesior? Or would that just scare Ares away?

AS I DISGUISE IT WITH MY ILLUSIONS OF MODERATION AND CHOICE.
merlin e. gwynne of tanglewood. -- feline shapeshifter.
credit @/teef

Re: wild women don't get the blues -- Stranger..? - Kiara Kokytos - 09-22-2022

KIARA KOKYTOS
- reaper of tanglewood
- coyote
- fallen Sin of Greed

so much had happened since the reaper took time for herself. she was not aware of the things that ares had done - hurt aesior, but it made her frown, the only emotion that slipped through her façade. "what do you plan on doing then, ares? why have you returned?" she asked gently. ares did seem genuinely shaken by the event and the last thing kiara wanted to was to scare her away.

she turned slightly as merlin approached, acknowledging her presence with a flick of the ear.

Re: wild women don't get the blues -- Stranger..? - Ares - 09-22-2022

x
The beast took a step back as Merlin approached, Wings flexing as the lioness spoke. Blame. She chittered and looked away, taking in what they continued to say. After a moment, she sighed, and looked back at the two. "I don't know why I came back." The honest truth. Perhaps she was hoping Elsweyr somehow was able to rise from the dead and comfort her. Aurum, Ana, Arrow. Any of them, goddamnit. Just someone from those two years ago.

"I'm mad. I'm upset. I blame myself. I could have stopped myself from ever hurting him in the first place. I could have killed him." Her voice was unnaturally soft, and she huffed. "But hopefully I will get better. It's happened... before." And she'd do better this time. And it was going to take some time. "Let.. Let Aesior know that I'm living with a group called The Band of Arrick. They live a bit north." She wasn't too sure about how the Drotten would react to her openly talking about the group, but she felt comfortable there.
#psy.

Re: wild women don't get the blues -- Stranger..? - Kiara Kokytos - 09-23-2022

KIARA KOKYTOS
- reaper of tanglewood
- coyote
- fallen Sin of Greed

ares seemed broken, a shell of the warrior kiara once knew and loved. a worried frown settled on her maw and she gently padded closer, attempting to lean against ares. offering warmth, support. love. there wasn't much she could do to help, and it wasn't in her personality to want to help others, but this seemed dfiferent. kiara felt something she hadn't properly felt before. a desperate need to help somebody. "please don't blame yourself, ares." she murmured, taking in the fact that ares had left tanglewood to stay with another group. the sin was going to miss her, that's for sure.

Re: wild women don't get the blues -- Stranger..? - LUCINDER XIU - 09-23-2022

EVERY OCCASION HAS ITS DISCUSSION—

he heard noises, smelt kiara and merlin and somebody he faintly recognised the scent of. padding over to the clearing he spotted three animals, two he recognised and one... not so much. she was but a faint memory in his mind. as a child he had seen her often, back when his parents were still alive. he shook his head to clear it. elsweyr and arrow were the last thing he wanted to think about, the crying might start again. only happy memories, lucinder. he approached the trio a bit more and with a smlal jolt realised it was ares. the flames on him burned brighter as he stared at her. it had been so long since he had seen her and he didn't hesitate to admit he missed her. a lot. but she seemed dejected and he could only pick up the last bit, that she was in another group now. kiara shot him a look and he didn't step any further, opting to sit down in silence instead.

—AND EVERY GENERATION HAS ITS MEN

"SPEECH"
ROUND UP YOUR SOLDIERS, QUEEN—
lucinder x — tanglewood — 2 years & 5 months
[color=#C178B7]—BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL STRENGTH