Beasts of Beyond
? putting down roots ? | September Meeting 9/10 - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: ? putting down roots ? | September Meeting 9/10 (/showthread.php?tid=17294)

? putting down roots ? | September Meeting 9/10 - SHERBET - 09-10-2022

NEW TAB: sherbet ♤ male ♡ feline ◇ tags ♧ typhoon captain
X
_
Sherbet...didn't know how he felt about standing, living, where Capti - Morrison was. He respected the aquatic wolf so much and felt he would never be able to fill his pawsteps. Between his slow connection to the group and his own view of himself, Sherbet didn't have much faith in himself. So, here he is, standing where all the members can see him and about to start announcing plans and ideas for the group. Heaving a deep sigh, the new Captain looked around before taking a deep breath and bellowing, "All Typhooners are welcome to listen!" He felt his paws grow numb as the crowd trickled in, his mouth dry as he started again, "I stand before you all as the new Captain of the Typhoon, our last one...kinda disappeared; and Morrison deserves his retirement to be in peace."

He slowly began mentally reciting his list of things to say, "Since we have no High Positions right now, I will be hosting a try-out for HP as soon as I can. We'll be looking for a Quartermaster, a Soothsayer, an Officer, and a Dealer. Semi-High Positions for Reavers and Privateers are also open for the try-outs. We need leadership more so than ever if we're to survive."

"Our second order of business is how I'll be adding a Title rank called Raid Leaders. This ties directly into how we'll be running raids more often. We are pirates, dammit! We should act more like it!" The rainbow sherbet tabby gave a lopsided grin as he shouted, his nerves melting the more he talked, "Anyone who shows battle prowess and proves themselves good raid leaders will be rewarded with this title and a red charm for your earring or receive a red seashell necklace. If there is enough interest in this title, it may become a Semi-High Position." Sweeping his gaze over the crowd of animals, he finished with, "We'll be gathering feedback on more titles to be added, as well as interest in them, so keep an eye out for that."

Sherbet ticked the second mark off the list as he started on the next, "HP's and I will be workshopping specific things to revive our culture. The biggest thing I'll introduce, for now, is how we'll merge more Palm Glades culture into the Typhoon. We merged with them, yet we picked up almost none of their traditions to share with our own." The Captain swallowed down his sorrow for his destroyed home as he pushed on, "This is why we'll start having the option to have either a charm or a seashell necklace for titles and Semi-High positions. High Positions will require the earring charm, but they can choose to also carry the necklace if it suits them. Other changes will come through activities and traditions for festivals and titles. These are still being ironed out and workshopped, so I'm always willing to hear you're all's thoughts."

"Our fourth mark on the list leads me to how we'll focus more on being pirates. Raids, pranks, tricks, and boats?" He teased as he flashed a mischievous grin, "We'll also be gathering feedback for the idea of being more trickster-like and having a bit of fun with some raids outside of combat." Taking a much-needed breath, Sherbet continued, "With that, we will set all the groups to neutral. We'll be visiting each to see how they feel about us and how we feel about them. Anyone who wishes to join me in visiting each group can report it to me either here or personally."

"Our final order of business as of this moment will be the creation of a Job Board." His voice cracked to his frustration as he continued his speech, "A job Board will be hosted for weekly and monthly tasks you all can choose to do. This will help keep activity and get things we need to be done." Taking in his people's faces once more, he softened, "It'll be optional to use it, but if you're stumped on something to do, it wouldn't hurt to check it out. It'll be up within the month."

"The last thing I want to say is that many changes will take time to implement fully. Plus, I mostly want to hear feedback on more thoughts and ideas before implementing them. So, it may take a month or two to get everything sorted and show off the new Typhoon. With that, I await to see how things will go. With that, feel free to yell your current thoughts. Part one of this meeting is over."

[The specific things mentioned will hopefully be fully implemented by October or early November at the latest. This is because it'll be just me until we have more High Positions. I will be coming back and doing the second part of this meeting to show off the HP Try-Outs and the Job Board this month, so keep a look out! I will also post threads in OOC for feedback on culture and tradition ideas, so I'll link those during the second part of the meeting. Thank you all for bearing with me <3]

Re: ? putting down roots ? | September Meeting 9/10 - Cobra - 09-11-2022

[align=center]
If you want to get out alive -

the reptile settled near the back of the gathered. tongue flicking from his lips as he eyes the new leader. the new captain of his home. what a strange day. the food cat was, well, leading them? this would go well, he was sure. he simply stayed there, listening silently.

speaking
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

[align=center]
Until you kissed my lips and you saved me -

limping over, he would settle in with the rest. his leg wrapped in sea weed and pain swimming through his eyes. he was healing up nicely, but today he was sore again. so, he rubbed some creams on his leg and wrapped it. it would take time, no? watching the others as the news of sherbet being leader sank in. his head snapped back to sherbet and his ears perked. this was good, right?

speaking
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

[align=center]
Holding too tightly, afraid to lose control? -

calypso made her way over slowly. stopping beside the little tom known as boots. she was new here, so as far as she knew, this tom had always been leader. the woman simply watched the others with curious eyes.

speaking
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

[align=center]
I'm no hero and I'm not made of stone -

the male looked the others over. silent and brooding as he stood far off from the rest. he was only here to keep face and did not feel much concern for this meeting and its contents.

speaking
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

[align=center]
The light has been gone -

the liger slipped over with her wings tucked tight to her sides. tails settling down beside the others. she would offer a soft smile to sherbet as they took the leadership in stride. it was a good thing, though she wondered about the former captain. she had seen him once or twice and thought he was fetching. alas, he seemed to be gone so she would just have to dwell on the new leadership.

speaking
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

[align=center]
You thought you could go free -

the sound of suction cups and wet slaps filled the air as octavio moved closer. the ne leader spoke, and he listened. not like he could say a word. he had no voice, after all. he would simply watch the scene as he finally, and probably to everyone's delight, stopped his motion.

speaking
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

[align=center]
We're only deceiving ourselves -

the baby hippo came hobbling up as fast as her little legs could go. stopping near the strange shark thing and watching with wide yes. leaders and changes and things. it was a lot for the kid and she simply had no idea what to say or do.

speaking
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

[align=center]
And it's coming over you like it's all a big mistake -

the shy boy came up next. settling next to vinepool and keeping his head low. nervous and wanting to be tinkering. yet, he stayed still. he knew meetings mattered.

speaking
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

[align=center]
You will not rise above -

whisp moves over stiffly until he was settled near the crowd. eyes on the new leader and head tilting. much like calypso, he may as well have been leader this entire time. shrugging them shoulders, he would watch and wait. silent as always.

speaking
[sub][W]isker[/sub]