Beasts of Beyond
THE ICARIAN EMPIRE ☼ bird x cat hybrids ☼ open to all - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Adoption Agency (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: THE ICARIAN EMPIRE ☼ bird x cat hybrids ☼ open to all (/showthread.php?tid=17274)

THE ICARIAN EMPIRE ☼ bird x cat hybrids ☼ open to all - teef - 09-08-2022

[table][tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

hey there! so i had the funky idea of bird and cat hybrids (as if nobody has before lol), but i have a bit of a backstory to introduce/suggest!

these hybrids in specific come from a place where the beyond hasn't travelled/unknown lands, and they find their way to the mainland of bob or its islands, whatever you want lol. but they come from a place called the 'icarian empire', where countless hybrids are ruled over by an empress, who upon hearing of other lands outside of their own, has decided to send a bunch of her people and trusted high-positions on a quest: to explore the lands of the beyond and either return home with the news, or to set up camp within the beyond and live their lives out. as icarians, the hybrids are given their fair share of freedom. the ranks within the empire run from the royal bloodlines, to the duchy's household, the count's family and to the keeps of barons to the ranks of arch-knight, knight and knight equitable aside from the commoners. feel free to choose from these ranks for your icarian if you wish to adopt one!

so the icarians are hybrids, right? they in main majority: inherit talons in place of claws, inherit feathered wings, and they also inherit the vocal traits of birds, including their species' signature cries. the icarians are known to prefer the raptors, scavengers and corvids for the highest ranks though these family groups will often take in eggs from other family groups and raise them as their own. the core belief of the icarian families is that the village raises the children, with nesting parents often allowing other families to trade one or more of their hatchlings with other nesting parents and families looking to take in a younger child. thus, most and many family units within the empire are blended.

forms are free for all and slots are unlimited! its not much of an original idea, just a thought lol so i wont be restricting those who want to make people who lived in or around the foreign empire of icarian. the forms are free for all! i will have some designs that are going to be up for grabs, but i can't promise many lol. the adopts i make will come with reference sheets and their species named. as for those who wish to have icarians from my oc's (sabbath and empress frigg) family groupings, please note that you do not have to follow a dark pelt or blackbird genes for sabbath (but for frigg it would be best to have them as a big cat as she is a lion), they were raised with multiple others from other species. sabbath does also have four younger blended/bio siblings that they left behind when they came to the isle.

note that you are able to do whatever you want with them, and have them appear as you'd like! free reign <3 don't feel like you have to stick only to what they have listed for inheritances! they can be any kind of cat, be it house cat or big cat lol

current record of icarians on site:
Quietlysilent - penguin x domestic (1)
teef - blackbird x domestic ▪︎ east African crowned crane x lioness (2)
Finnick - ??? x lioness ▪︎ collared forest falcon x lynx (2)
Dio - bearded vulture x jaguar (1)
credit to teef
[align=center]
[table][tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Re: THE ICARIAN EMPIRE ☼ bird x cat hybrids ☼ open to all - Cobra - 09-13-2022

tracking with potoo cat hybrid. no name idea yet, but soon

Re: THE ICARIAN EMPIRE ☼ bird x cat hybrids ☼ open to all - teef - 09-29-2022

gently bumping this

Re: THE ICARIAN EMPIRE ☼ bird x cat hybrids ☼ open to all - SirDio - 11-09-2022

Hee hoo

Name: Hireach (High-reach) Valkor
-- Nickname is Valkyrie
Icarian They are a bearded Vulture/Jaguar hybrid, with white fur/feathers and black rosette markings as well as black feathers on the tips of their wings and toward their legs, hiding a bit of their talons, which are dark black with shiny black nails. Their eyes are yellow with red sclera. Hireach mainly uses vocal ques to speak but does occasionally use words. They adore body paint/paint in general, and will often make their body red with mud.

They are a Knight of the Icarian empire and takes this rank seriously, but is often seen joyously socializing.

Re: THE ICARIAN EMPIRE ☼ bird x cat hybrids ☼ open to all - teef - 11-09-2022

added up with addition of other adoptions!